PDA

View Full Version : So is this a typo?

batonrougesooner
2/23/2007, 02:20 AM
I didn't know they had major college football south of the border...

Per ESPN.com

WACO, Texas -- University of Mexico running backs coach Cornell Jackson has been hired to the same job on the staff of Baylor coach Guy Morriss.

Baylor announced Jackson's hiring Thursday. He replaced Wes Phillips, who left Baylor to be an assistant for the Dallas Cowboys after his father, Wade, became the head coach there.

Jackson spent the past two seasons at New Mexico, and has 20 years of collegiate coaching experience. Before his second stint with the Lobos, Jackson coached at Washington, Houston, Arizona State, Pacific, Utah State, Central Missouri State and Butler County Community College in Kansas.

soonerboomer93
2/23/2007, 02:37 AM
well, since later in the article it states "New Mexice" and he was coaching the "Lobos" that would lead one to the conclusion that it is a type o

AlbqSooner
2/23/2007, 07:15 AM
When I left Florida to move to New Mexico, I had more than one person ask me if I had to get a lot of shots to move out of the Country. DOH!

Blues1
2/23/2007, 10:04 AM
To my knowlege - There are "some" small colleges or other type schools in Mexico that do play american style Football - Sometimes playing US Juinor College teams and even some high schools teams from California - Arizona & Texas -- atleast that was true back in the 90's as I remember it....??

Or maybe I was Dreaming ...... :)
ROck ON'

CobraKai
2/23/2007, 10:45 AM
I still consider Texas part of Mexico, so in my opinion there is quite a bit of good football played south of the border.

stoopified
2/23/2007, 11:13 AM
I still consider Texas part of Mexico, so in my opinion there is quite a bit of good football played south of the border.
You mean Tejas?

snp
2/23/2007, 11:17 AM
Chiefs signed a Mexican player this offseason. (http://sports.aol.com/news/articles/_a/chiefs-sign-mexican-collegiate-star/n20070126225809990007?ecid=RSS0001)