PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous double standard

Stoop Dawg
2/22/2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe this was already "discussed", but I didn't see it.

So Pelosi and Co. spend months bashing and belittling the President's plan to improve the situation in Iraq. Whether you agree with the plan or not, you have to admit that it is, at least, a plan. I've heard countless people bash the plan and even hard the "fat guy" (dunno his name) on Crossfire actually blame Bush and "his war" for the loss of American lives. Talk about being out of line. Even if it were "Bush's War" (which it's not, congress approved it) that type of comment is seriously inappropriate.

But now, when the Vice President as the audacity to say that the Democrat's "plan" is ill-conceived (and I use the word "plan" lightly, since their "plan" is really just to block the President's plan) they cry FOUL!!!

Pelosi, at a news conference in San Francisco, said Cheney's criticism of Democrats was "beneath the dignity of the debate we're engaged in and a disservice to our men and women in uniform, whom we all support."

"And you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to call the president and tell him I disapprove of what the vice president said," Pelosi said. "It has no place in our debate."

Waaaaaaaaaa!!!! How dare he criticize me??

It's like a bunch of 3rd graders up there in DC running our country.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070222/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq;_ylt=AqmhbE8wpaEfi875zMaRYkuyFz4D

Widescreen
2/22/2007, 04:32 PM
I thought the same thing. If she does actually call, I'd love to hear what he tells her. It's a classic can-dish-it-out-but-can't-take-it. And Cheney's comments were pretty reserved IMO, especially in comparison with some of the comments made toward the President and his plan.

I really hate politics.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
Enough voters believed the MSM to vote out the repubs in congress, but didn't ask what the elected replacements were gonna do...big surprise, eh?

Harry Beanbag
Yep, they all suck.

yermom
2/22/2007, 04:33 PM
I thought the same thing. If she does actually call, I'd love to hear what he tells her. It's a classic can-dish-it-out-but-can't-take-it. And Cheney's comments were pretty reserved IMO, especially in comparison with some of the comments made toward the President and his plan.

I really hate politics.

or compared to his normal **** off dip**** :D

SoonerStormchaser
2/22/2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Democrat plan:

Bitch about the Republicans, but don't offer any solution!

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 04:36 PM
The republicans did such a good job of hacking everyone off while they were in power, now nobody can get anything done for all the stupidity being thrown around.

toast
2/22/2007, 04:38 PM
The republicans did such a good job of hacking everyone off while they were in power, now nobody can get anything done for all the stupidity being thrown around.

I think it started well before the Republicans had their shot.

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 04:40 PM
I think it started well before the Republicans had their shot.

1776? :D

Widescreen
2/22/2007, 04:41 PM
or compared to his normal **** off dip**** :D
Well, yeah. :)

Speaking of Chaney, on Leno the other night he said that Cheney had been honored with a 21 gun salute but several Guardsmen were injured when Chaney fired back.

SoonerStormchaser
2/22/2007, 04:43 PM
Touche!

Fugue
2/22/2007, 04:44 PM
1776? :D

I'm watching a dvd set on the history of the Sup. Ct. 1776 is pretty close. The Jefferson/Marshall battle was nasty.

Rhino
2/22/2007, 05:39 PM
Both sides worry about the other side way too much.

Just go get some **** done and quit yer bitchin'.

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 05:43 PM
What the hell are you saying, man? We don't want them to get anything done!