November 23rd / 24th
*Nebraska @ Colorado
*Missouri @ Kansas (in Kansas City)
*Texas @ Texas A&M
Kansas St. @ Fresno St.

*Conference Game

Ardmore_Sooner
2/22/2007, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't be an authentic aggie lite schedule without a D1-AA opponent.

Collier11
2/22/2007, 01:49 PM
Osu loses at Troy, mark it down!

Mac94
2/22/2007, 01:50 PM
Speaking of State, the last few years the Big-12 has moved the Sooners game with them to the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So far they haven't done this ... any word on whether that is in the cards for 2007?

Collier11
2/22/2007, 03:24 PM
Most likely they will, we dont have a bye this year either so I love that although Im sure Stoops doesnt

Collier11
2/22/2007, 03:32 PM
I love our conferences non-conf schedule this year, some really interesting games:

Kansas St. @ Auburn-Auburn should win but we will see how much progress prince has made in his 2nd year
Baylor @ TCU-will baylor compete or is this the old baylor
Oklahoma St. @ Georgia-can osu hang with a good team on the road-doubt it
Colorado @ Arizona St.-very intriguing, a mid-level team for colorado to test against
Missouri @ Ole Miss.-can mizzou win a tough game on the road that they should be favored in
Nebraska @ Wake Forest-how good was wake last year and is nebraska really back?
Rice @ Baylor-another barometer game for baylor
Miami @ Oklahoma-LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT, we win and we are a frontrunner for natl title going into texas game
TCU @ Texas-can tcu have another shocker, they are supposed to be better than boise was last year
Fresno St. @ Texas A&M-Fresno was down last year but usually tough
UTEP @ Texas Tech-Is tech going to take a step forward or have another average year?
Florida St. @ Colorado-How good is hawkins gonna be, here ya go!
Iowa @ Iowa St.-always a good game, and Iowa should be good again this year
USC @ Nebraska-Is Nebraska back or not, usc's D should be out of this world if they arent on probation by then
Texas Tech @ Rice-another barometer game for tech against a good mid-level team
Texas A&M @ Miami (Thurs. 9/20)-big time, how good will A&M and miami end up this year

H8HOGS
2/22/2007, 03:42 PM
Miami @ Oklahoma-LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT, we win and we are a frontrunner for natl title going into texas game

Miami will not be ranked to start the year.

[QUOTE]Texas A&M @ Miami (Thurs. 9/20)-big time, how good will A&M and miami end up this year[QUOTE]

Miami will go as far as their QB play takes them. Defense will be stellar again and the biggest problem the Defense has had is quitting after getting down knowing there was no offense to come back from 7 points down.

Very few starters lost and 2 6th yr seniors that got their medical redshirt year a few days ago.

A&M will do as always and pack it in. Even there best teams manage to lose a couple.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/22/2007, 07:37 PM
CU's schedule is freaking brutal. I can't imagine them putting together a winning year out of that.

I'm not so sure Miami won't be ranked top 25. They could squeak in with that defense. And I hope nobody is silly enough to chalk it up as an automatic win. I know a lot of people thought we were going to roll 'em in '85, too.

Boffingham
2/22/2007, 09:59 PM
Zero Bye Weeks...awesome. Can't wait to watch all the games on my computer at midnight...

Mac94
2/23/2007, 09:51 AM
Boffingham -

With no bye weeks, it might be helpful if OU gets the Oct 27th game against oSu moved.

Colorado does have another brutal schedule so, IMHO, the north looks to again be in Nebraska's control with Missouri and Kansas St. as the main contenders. Both KSU and Mizzou have decent enough draws out of the south to keep it close with the Huskers, and the Tigers get Nebraska at home.

It's nice to see KSU with a good OOC matchup ... their game with Auburn should be fun. It will also be interesting to see oSu go up against Georgia, we'll see if the Pokes can buld off of their win over Alabama.

reevie
2/25/2007, 08:57 PM
September 1st
Montana St. @ Texas A&M

Upset Alert

Rogue
2/25/2007, 09:25 PM
October is a brutal month for OU.

Mac94
2/26/2007, 01:57 PM
Rogue -

Not as bad as October 2000 was ... and OU did fairly well in that stretch run.

Texas is gonna be tough, and we'll see how Missouri is, and Iowa St shouldn't be a problem with them in transition. We'll see if the oSu game remains and that could be a tough game, you all know they'll go all "jihad" on you for the upset.

Mac94
2/26/2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mac94
September 1st
Montana St. @ Texas A&M

Upset Alert

The melt down amoungst us Aggies would be epic if this happened. The question would be, who would be A&M's coach the next week against Fresno St. ;)

The_Red_Patriot
2/26/2007, 02:12 PM
If OSU gets a defense.

LEE CORSO VOICE----Watch out!

Mac94
2/26/2007, 03:36 PM
jaux -

It is a down year for them this year, but to be fair they should be starting their home and home with Arkansas in 08 followed right after with a home and home with UCLA.

And, TCU should be an interesting game if the Frogs have the team people seem to think they should have.

GoState
2/26/2007, 05:25 PM
This is brutal for OU?!

October 6th
*Oklahoma @ Texas (in Dallas)

October 13th
*Missouri @ Oklahoma

October 20th
*Oklahoma @ Iowa St.

October 27th
*Oklahoma St. @ Oklahoma

The UT game, yeah, I'll give you that. But MU at home and @ISU? Not so much. And our recent games at Norman have been track meets for you guys.

Unless, by brutal, you mean Patrick and Kelly get gassed from all those long runs they'll have...

I think your schedule is pretty favorable. You get a big name team in Miami, but it's at home, and they're down. It's a great opportunity to have an early season whuppin' on national tv. I could see Tulsa being another good test for OU; they had a decent season last year. Graham did a heck of a job by turning around Rice, now we'll quickly see if he's really all that. North Texas and Utah State combined to win four games last year. Your conference schedule looks good. After UT, the toughest two are TAMU at home and TTU away...not bad. Find a QB and you guys could have a great year.

I like that we're playing UGA, but wish we had a game or two under our belt beforehand. Baptism by fire, eh? All I'll say about the Div 1-AA team...is we better beat the living crap out of them. There are no positives to scheduling a Div 1-AA team. If we must schedule 'popcorn state' teams, at least make them Div 1-A creampuffs like Utah State, North Texas, Florida Atlantic. Other than that, I like our schedule. If we continue to make forward progress like we did from 2005 to 2006, we should have a good season. We have a ways to go, but I like the direction we're taking.

On a side note, TTU is @OSU this year.

Mac94
2/26/2007, 05:37 PM
GoState -

Corrected. Hand typed this into a spreadsheet after looking at each of the schools respective websites. Figure I'd have a typo somewhere.

GoState
2/26/2007, 05:42 PM
GoState -

Corrected. Hand typed this into a spreadsheet after looking at each of the schools respective websites. Figure I'd have a typo somewhere.

I have issues with your response time. ;-)

Thanks for putting it together!

oKOIhoma fan
2/27/2007, 08:16 AM
I thought that no one was allowed a bye week before the BIG 12 CG. This is only showing seven teams playing that day.

Mac94
2/27/2007, 10:39 AM
oKOIhoma fan -

The Big-12 would like to see more games "Thanksgiving weekend," hence the move of the OU-oSu game the past few years as well as the Kansas-Missouri games.

It would not be possible for all 12 team, this year anyway, to play that last weekend. OU-oSu could be moved ... and still might, and the Tech @ Baylor game could be moved, but because of the Kansas St. @ Fresno St. game, Iowa St. couldn 't play that last weekend.

Anyway, these schedules came from each schools web sites, although because of TV, they are alwsy tenative. For example, a game or two the first weekend could be moved to Sunday like last years TCU-Baylor game was for FoxSW. Another game could be moved to that last weekend, etc.

goingoneight
2/27/2007, 11:03 PM
Miami will not be ranked to start the year.

[QUOTE]Texas A&M @ Miami (Thurs. 9/20)-big time, how good will A&M and miami end up this year[QUOTE]

Miami will go as far as their QB play takes them. Defense will be stellar again and the biggest problem the Defense has had is quitting after getting down knowing there was no offense to come back from 7 points down.

Very few starters lost and 2 6th yr seniors that got their medical redshirt year a few days ago.

A&M will do as always and pack it in. Even there best teams manage to lose a couple.

Miami will definitely be ranked if they whoop their first opponent. ESPN will make sure of it for hype. Think back to Ohio State/Texas, Ohio State/Michigan... I know both teams were better and on winning streaks and all, but look at how they go from "just another team" to being ranked when ratings and $$$ are on the line. My guess, both teams are ranked inside the top 15 if they're 1-0 going into that game. OU likely top ten, Miami will be just good enough to make a case for game of the week.

Luthor
2/28/2007, 11:35 AM
I know these are done in advance but how come the whorns can't get a more difficult non-conf schedule for 2007? Am I missing something?

Because we don't want one. Aggy beat us to all the military academies so the only good schools left over are the directional poly-tech variety.

Mac94
2/28/2007, 11:49 AM
Because we don't want one. Aggy beat us to all the military academies so the only good schools left over are the directional poly-tech variety.

Well, with Rice and TCU on the schedule, I just figured you all were going SWC retro but UofH and SMU were already booked so you did the next best thing.

Still, you all get the Owls and Frogs, as well as us Ags, Tech and Baylor so that's five of the seven from the late great SWC.

H8HOGS
2/28/2007, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=H8HOGS]Miami will not be ranked to start the year.

[QUOTE]Texas A&M @ Miami (Thurs. 9/20)-big time, how good will A&M and miami end up this year

Miami will definitely be ranked if they whoop their first opponent. ESPN will make sure of it for hype. Think back to Ohio State/Texas, Ohio State/Michigan... I know both teams were better and on winning streaks and all, but look at how they go from "just another team" to being ranked when ratings and $$$ are on the line. My guess, both teams are ranked inside the top 15 if they're 1-0 going into that game. OU likely top ten, Miami will be just good enough to make a case for game of the week.

That would be a stretch. Unless everyone comes away impressed with our offensive direction in the spring a top 25 start is possible but at the tail end. Also we play Marshall game 1 at home. When the series was created Marshall was a 10 win team and then last year was their worse in some time so I wouldn't think even a 40 point win would mean that much to voters. But we do have you guys and then Texas A&M a couple weeks later. So if we start strong a top 10 by week 4 is possible.

SteelClip49
2/28/2007, 10:02 PM
Oklahoma St. @ Georgia-can osu hang with a good team on the road-doubt it

God awful Colorado did until the last 5 minutes of the game where UGA scored 14 to win.

Collier11
3/1/2007, 04:59 PM
Georgias D is much better than puke st's and their offense under a soph qb who is settled in as a starter should be much better. I personally think that everyone expecting osu to make a huge leap and become a 9 win team is crazy!! Their D is horrible and they play a rough schedule this year

Mac94
3/2/2007, 09:27 AM
Oklahoma St. being a nive win team would be a stretch.

I think you can say they have a good chance of winning against Fla Atlantic, Troy, Sam Houston St., Kansas, and Baylor. That's five "W's" I think you can fairly safely assume.

Of the rest; Georgia, Texas Tech, A&M, Nebraska, Kansas St., Oklahoma, and Texas I think they'll pick up one or two wins with the most likely being either Tech, my Ags, or KSU.

At best, I think they will be a 7 or maybe (with luck) 8 win team. But, 6-6 seems probably to be a safe bet for the Cowboys.