PDA

View Full Version : Wade hurts shoulder, leaves in a wheelchair

colleyvillesooner
2/22/2007, 08:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270221010

Sounds painful, and I don't wish an injury on anybody.

What's up with the wheel chair? Does that kind of injury hurt too bad to walk? Never seen that before in a basketball game.

soonerjoker
2/22/2007, 10:00 AM
mavs & local media (dfw) are trying to make this into a big grudge match;
as if winning tonite's game will make up for last seasons colossal CHOKE.

colleyvillesooner
2/22/2007, 10:06 AM
Please find for me where anyone is insuating that a win tonight will avenge a Finals loss.

This is just another gamfe for this team. Another game they are going to win.

Boomer.....
2/22/2007, 10:37 AM
The expression on his face made it look excruciatingly painful.

GrapevineSooner
2/22/2007, 10:38 AM
I don't think he's faking this injury.

bri
2/22/2007, 01:15 PM
And just out of force of habit, the refs called three fouls on the trainers trying to help D-Wade back to the locker room...

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 02:38 PM
The way Wade plays, this will only continue. I feel bad for the kid, but running into 400lb trees for a living is dangerous.

GrapevineSooner
2/22/2007, 03:34 PM
Flopping uncontrollably in the lane without even being touched is dangerous, too. ;)

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 05:06 PM
I'm just waiting for the refs to call a foul on someone for hurting his feelings on the way to the basket.

colleyvillesooner
2/22/2007, 06:34 PM
Early word is he's out 6 weeks.

soonerjoker
2/23/2007, 11:36 AM
just another game. ha !!
photo of dirk on front page of dmn, & another big BB photo on front of sports
section.
headline for tim cowlishaw; "you decide who the champs are" !!!!

NormanPride
2/23/2007, 11:45 AM
Think Wade will make cameos in the next few weeks to shoot freethrows? We can't have these games hurting his average!

colleyvillesooner
2/23/2007, 11:53 AM
just another game. ha !!
photo of dirk on front page of dmn, & another big BB photo on front of sports
section.
headline for tim cowlishaw; "you decide who the champs are" !!!!

No WAY! The put Dirk on the front page the night after his MVP campaign began? AND on the front page of the sports section, when they are the only Dallas team that played last night? Blasphemy!

soonerjoker
2/23/2007, 11:59 AM
you can't seriously tell me that this game wasn't grossly over hyped. like pro rasslin. (almost)

just coincidence that dirk was on front page ???

BIG headline on sports section "Final insult"

GrapevineSooner
2/23/2007, 12:06 PM
Any champioship series rematch in any sport in the regular season the following year is going to carry a little more significance than any other regular season game.

You're old enough to understand that I hope.

Obviously, it's not going to be as big as if somehow, someway, these two teams are matched up, again, in the Finals this year. But there's a little added significance.

As for the media overhype, blame the media, not the Mavs or us, the fans.

sanantoniosooner
2/23/2007, 12:06 PM
It'll be quite some time before Mavs V Heat doesn't equate to revenge for Dirk and company. It's always that way. Not unique to them.

But Mav fans ought to own it, because they look silly not admitting it.

sanantoniosooner
2/23/2007, 12:07 PM
As for the media overhype, blame the media, not the Mavs or us, the fans.
But it's fair to blame Wade for the way the NBA markets him and the refs call the games?

soonerjoker
2/23/2007, 12:12 PM
grapevine, if nothing else, i'm old enuff.

mavs fans were ****ed cause wade wasn't there to boo.

it's all silly.

GrapevineSooner
2/23/2007, 12:24 PM
But it's fair to blame Wade for the way the NBA markets him and the refs call the games?
Don't think I've ever insinuated that's Wade fault. If you can embellish contact and continue to get calls, you'd be crazy as a player not to keep doing it. In that situation, it's incumbent upon the refs in that situation to stop rewarding the player for embellishing contact.

The only thing I've ever goofed on him for is his tendency to overhype injuries.

And yes, there the revenge factor was at work last night. I'm not debating that.

But let's keep last night's game in perspective with the understanding that it won't mean a thing if we don't get the ring at the end of the year.

soonerjoker
2/23/2007, 12:31 PM
that's my point, terrific regular sesaon means nothing, unless mavs are champs @ the end.