PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Mjcpr
2/21/2007, 10:15 PM
I said last night that it wasn't fair they have to have half men and half women up to a certain point of the show because this year, the women are way better than the men.

Tonight just proved it. They should choose one token guy and then there are about 5 women who have a shot at winning; everyone else can go home.

This year's winner will be a girl and she'll be an African American. Some of those girls are in a different league.

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2007, 10:18 PM
It's time for all the white girls to go home. They got dominated.

JohnnyMack
2/21/2007, 10:23 PM
<obligatory>Where all the white women at???</obligatory>

tbl
2/21/2007, 10:47 PM
That rule of splitting it 50/50 is bullmess... especially if by some fluke one of the 4-5 girls that lit it up goes home.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2007, 10:49 PM
I missed the first hr tonight, but Melinda Doolittle can belt it out.

soonerboomer93
2/21/2007, 10:50 PM
it's a setup

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2007, 11:00 PM
<obligatory>Where all the white women at???</obligatory>

.....taking singing lessons?

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2007, 11:13 PM
Leslie Hunt looks just like one of the comedic actresses on MadTv.......and it cracks me up to watch her sing

they had a few great performances tonite!

Rhino
2/22/2007, 12:20 AM
It's almost like the audition phase. There are some great singers and some awful, awful singers.

Antoiletella really lived up to her name. Her performance was just ****ty.

Melo
2/22/2007, 12:28 AM
All the white girls, minus the Gina chick, need to go home.

I missed the guys last night, though. Had to pull two shifts at work.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2007, 06:52 AM

after her bitchiness during hollywood week, i'll be glad to see her go home first

Mjcpr
2/22/2007, 08:31 AM
It's almost like the audition phase. There are some great singers and some awful, awful singers.

The funny part was she had to follow up one of the big timers....maybe the Doolittle chick (who, incidentally, is from Tulsa) and she sounded like a drunk amateur after her.

Soonrboy
2/22/2007, 09:07 AM
Man, that last woman could sing...and humble. That girl with the pink streaks needs to eat some humble pie. She's not that good.

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 09:10 AM
You people = :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2007, 09:14 AM
us people = the majority....its the MOST watched show in america

IB4OU2
2/22/2007, 09:16 AM
I watched Red River instead....great movie!

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 09:16 AM
us people = the majority....its the MOST watched show in america

Yeah, you people also love Walmart. Like I said :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And you can leave me out of that big ol' lump of humanity called the ignorant masses, thank you very much.

Mjcpr
2/22/2007, 09:22 AM
Can we leave you out of this thread too?

:D

soonerbrat
2/22/2007, 10:00 AM
yeah..some of the guys were bad..and the teletubbies and il divo comments by that Chris Sligh guy really lost him brownie points with Simon...

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2007, 10:04 AM
simon doesnt vote though, the public does and they tend to vote for whoever can show simon up like that

and the madtv actress i was trying to remember - stephanie weir

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 10:22 AM
Fag alert.

JohnnyMack
2/22/2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, we know you're here, don't need to tell us.

tbl
2/22/2007, 10:30 AM
yeah..some of the guys were bad..and the teletubbies and il divo comments by that Chris Sligh guy really lost him brownie points with Simon...
Thats bullmess. The whole reason Simon was ****ed was b/c of Seacrest, then last night Seacrest tried to put it off on Chris Sly, even though the footage (and especially if you watched it live) showed that it was that tool that ticked him off, not Sly. Thats why Simon called him obnoxious last night when he brought it up.

I knew Seacrests toolness would come out in full force once they went live.

soonerbrat
2/22/2007, 10:36 AM
Fag alert.

cigarette?

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 10:37 AM
cigarette?

Does this mean we're finished? Was it good for you?

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 10:48 AM
Dean just didn't watch because it was too painful to see Simon in that fuzzy sweater.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2007, 10:49 AM
Thats bullmess. The whole reason Simon was ****ed was b/c of Seacrest, then last night Seacrest tried to put it off on Chris Sly, even though the footage (and especially if you watched it live) showed that it was that tool that ticked him off, not Sly. Thats why Simon called him obnoxious last night when he brought it up.

I knew Seacrests toolness would come out in full force once they went live.

i think most of that is contrived and staged

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 10:49 AM
Dean just didn't watch because it was too painful to see Simon in that fuzzy sweater.

No, Dean didn't watch because Dean's not a loser.

Mjcpr
2/22/2007, 11:14 AM
i think most of that is contrived and staged

They could do without it. Sometimes, it's uncomfortable.

jk the sooner fan
oh i agree, they go way overboard with it

Mjcpr
No, Dean didn't watch because Dean's not a loser.
What was the day:hour:minute:second that Harry Potter comic book comes out again?

:texan:

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 11:16 AM
What was the day:hour:minute:second that Harry Potter comic book comes out again?

:texan:

Let's see, now Pat is trying to compare fine literature with ignorant hick TV. The talent and imagination of JK Rowling with the idiocy of Simon Cowell.

Ain't working Pat.

Mjcpr
2/22/2007, 11:19 AM
Your "fine literature" is another man's toilet paper.

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Your "fine literature" is another man's toilet paper.

I can't help it if you ain't got culture Pat.

soonerbrat
2/22/2007, 11:25 AM
Does this mean we're finished? Was it good for you?

best ever.

C&CDean
2/22/2007, 11:27 AM
best ever.

Well, yeah.

TopDawg
2/22/2007, 11:30 AM
Since the auditions, I've watched about 15 seconds of the show. It was two nights ago (I think) when the goatee dude was "singing" (and I use the term VERY loosely) some love song. It was terrible.

I know one of Leslie Hunt's cousins.

JohnnyMack
2/22/2007, 11:49 AM
I know one of Leslie Hunt's cousins.

Mike?

Newbomb Turk
3/1/2007, 09:27 PM
stupid voters. They need to send the little fag, Sanjaya, and that Antonella chick home.

JohnnyMack
3/1/2007, 10:11 PM
stupid voters. They need to send the little fag, Sanjaya, and that Antonella chick home.

http://votefortheworst.com/

jk the sooner fan
3/1/2007, 10:26 PM
well the voters got it right to get rid of crazy eyed girl....but AJ was really good, surprised to see him gone

who the hell is voting for sanjaya?

Melo
3/2/2007, 01:06 AM
I really like Gina (surprise) but I dont think she will win it. The other women are just REALLY good.

And Phil Stacey is my favorite for the guys. Him and his big ol ears are kinda hawt.

def_lazer_fc
3/2/2007, 03:46 AM
is "the hotness" still on?

whatsername
3/2/2007, 06:59 AM
Kelly Pickler bought more than shoes with her money. :eek:

jk the sooner fan
3/2/2007, 07:04 AM
yep, kelly got some new boobs, they looked good on her! :)

booomer
3/2/2007, 07:21 AM
well the voters got it right to get rid of crazy eyed girl....but AJ was really good, surprised to see him gone

who the hell is voting for sanjaya?

His family is probably racking quite a cell/phone bill voting for him. He's terrible!

Okla-homey
3/2/2007, 08:12 AM
I loathe the group sing "Up With People" style crap. They did get rid of the correct female last night...even though she is fine, in a hawt NJ Italian-American Princess, Meadow Soprano kinda way.

Okla-homey
3/2/2007, 08:13 AM

The Pickler is Hillbilly Hawtness personified.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/2/2007, 08:54 AM
I really like Gina (surprise) but I dont think she will win it. The other women are just REALLY good.

And Phil Stacey is my favorite for the guys. Him and his big ol ears are kinda hawt.

Gina is my definite fav, but I pray that Antonella GOES next week!!!! Gina is one hawt babe!!! Loved the red dress!

jk the sooner fan
3/2/2007, 08:58 AM
gina is skank defined, and not anywhere close to the best singer with the girls......

Boarder
3/2/2007, 09:02 AM
I absolutely couldn't stand to watch or hear AJ sing. Sanjaya is horrible, though. I was thinking to myself, "oooh, high school talent show" before the judges said it. He will be gone before long.

Antonella will be there a few more weeks. She has the internet pseudo nudie pic keep herself and the show in the news thing going. And, they need a villian for a while.

I thought that dude doing the Jamiroquai song was really cool.

Hatfield
3/2/2007, 09:47 AM
don't know about all this stuff in this thread, but those pictures of antonella are mighty fine...

got to love stupid college dropouts with no fear of cameras or consequences

tbl
3/2/2007, 10:42 AM
Antonella is absolutely horrible, and her attitude is even worse. The fact that she sucks seems to have escaped her. Any time the judges criticize her, the eyes start rolling and she even sassed back to Simon (in an uneducated way). Regardless, the other 2 girls that went home deserved it, so I couldn't really complain. I just hope that skank goes home next week.

I thought Pickler looked AWFUL last night. The hair... the boobs... the incredible amount of stupidity... she's just a piece of trailer park trash.

Sanjaya has the entire Indian community voting for him. That's the only thing keeping him alive. I don't know if you noticed, but last week it was between him and the other dude to go home, and Seacrest said "one of you is going home, the other was in the top 4 in voting". He sucked last week and was in the top 4, which leads me to believe he could make it to the final 12, simply b/c the Indians are voting for him en masse.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2007, 10:55 AM
I thought Pickler looked AWFUL last night. The hair... the boobs... the incredible amount of stupidity... she's just a piece of trailer park trash.

That being said:

http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/hitit3times.jpg

3/2/2007, 11:56 AM
I didn't see AI at all this week, but if she's still around, it's MELINDA DOOLITTLE all the way!

jk the sooner fan
3/2/2007, 12:01 PM
that girls head is disproportionately huge when compared to her missing neck

she looks like a human bobble head

but has a GREAT voice

and to say that Pickler was unhittable last nite is just shameful to the male species.......granted her hair was goofy but there were no other flaws

NormanPride
3/2/2007, 12:14 PM
1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Lakisha Jones
3. Jordin Sparks
4. Sabrina Sloan
5. Stephanie Edwards
6. Chris Richardson
7. Phil Stacey
8. Blake Lewis

blah blah blah who cares about the rest

jrsooner
3/2/2007, 05:13 PM
I didn't see AI at all this week, but if she's still around, it's MELINDA DOOLITTLE all the way!Yep...she's still there...and still the best of the girls.

Osce0la
3/2/2007, 05:18 PM
It was funny watching Seacrest trying to fish that one out of her :D

jrsooner
3/2/2007, 05:41 PM
It was funny watching Seacrest trying to fish that one out of her :DHere it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7axK9UWi51s

I laughed when even Simon seems to be asking Paula if kellie got added accessories. :)

proud gonzo
3/2/2007, 07:17 PM
phil stacey went to high school with GHP.

Mjcpr
3/2/2007, 07:31 PM
phil stacey went to high school with GHP.

That's cool.

He's the bald, Navy guy, right?

Boarder
3/2/2007, 09:45 PM
Phil looks like Magni light to me. Magni being one of the ones on Rockstar Supernova last year.

proud gonzo
3/2/2007, 10:27 PM
That's cool.

He's the bald, Navy guy, right?yep

jk the sooner fan
3/3/2007, 07:40 AM
Phil looks like Magni light to me. Magni being one of the ones on Rockstar Supernova last year.

with that white shirt and bald head, he looked like Mr Clean to me......

H8HOGS
3/3/2007, 07:41 AM
Anyone who watches this sh1t is crying our for attention.

colleyvillesooner
3/3/2007, 09:26 AM
So is the guy that actually takes time to bash it on a message board.

Mjcpr
3/3/2007, 10:11 AM
I watch American Idol, please notice me.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/3/2007, 10:24 AM
Anyone who watches this sh1t is crying our for attention.

That may be the biggest cry for attention evar!:rolleyes:

Boarder
3/3/2007, 10:49 PM
Magni
http://www.rockband.com/rock-star-supernova/images/magni-asgeirsson-05.jpg

Magni Lite
http://media.americanidol.com.edgesuite.net/photos/top24boys/19461.jpg

proud gonzo
3/4/2007, 01:43 AM
Anyone who watches this sh1t is crying our for attention.yeah, because sitting in front of a tv in private usually gets a lot of attention. i mean, people never do that sort of thing. The last time I sat down and turned on American Idol a CNN news crew showed up to document it. talk about late-breaking news, that **** is important! CNN had a busy night, individually showcasing the 33.6 million people who tuned in--that's a hell of a story. I mean, when you're one out of 300 million people in the US you just fade into obscurity, but when you can become one of those elite 33.6 million you REALLY stand out from the crowd.

H8HOGS
3/4/2007, 01:49 AM
SUX

proud gonzo
3/4/2007, 01:51 AM
oh, well done old chap! bravo. quite a nice retort there, i must admit. you really got me good.

Sooner98
3/4/2007, 02:42 AM
And the "On top of your wife" for his location is the icing on the cake!

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 08:57 PM
well, at least the voters got 1 right tonight - sending Antonella home.

How Sanjaya keeps moving on is beyond me.

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 09:01 PM
oh - and voting Sabrina off was really stupid - she is good.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2007, 09:01 PM
i'm shocked that sabrina got sent home.......she was REALLY GOOD!

Fraggle145
3/8/2007, 09:03 PM
How does San "I Sound like a gayer version of michael Jackson that cant sing or dance" Jiya stay around?

Its sad that I watch this... damn gfs.

Mjcpr
3/8/2007, 09:12 PM
Once again, the public is retarded.

Sabrina would've been great singing Diana Ross songs next week. Instead, we get to hear white bread. Ugh.

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 09:12 PM
Its sad that I watch this... damn gfs.

you're just crying out for attention. ;)

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 09:13 PM
Once again, the public is retarded.

so you've been voting?

Mjcpr
3/8/2007, 09:14 PM
so you've been voting?

I'm voting you #1 this very second!!

JohnnyMack
3/8/2007, 10:02 PM
1. Lakisha

Everyone else......down over here somewhere.

<makes motion with hand>

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 10:08 PM
1. Lakisha

Everyone else......down over here somewhere.

<makes motion with hand>

I think the big face girl has a chance too.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2007, 10:09 PM
I think the big face girl has a chance too.

i like to call her "american idol bobblehead"

C&CDean
3/8/2007, 10:13 PM
While I've never had much faith in humanity, I must sadly say I have even less now.

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 10:31 PM
While I've never had much faith in humanity, I must sadly say I have even less now.

sad to see Sundance go, huh?

tbl
3/8/2007, 10:46 PM
That stinking Indian community... I cannot believe they keep voting for that pathetic loser.

Lakisha is weak sauce compared to Melinda Doolittle. Straight up. That girl can sing like nobodies business. I'm not saying Lakisha can't sing, but MD is in a whole other stratosphere.

Does she look like a turtle? Yes
Does she have small teeth and big gums? Yes
Does she seem incredibly awkward? Yes
HOWEVER, she can sing and she's genuinely a good person. I don't know how they market her WHEN she wins... but she has some pipes.

The dark horse to win is Blake. He's not the best singer, but he's definitely the most contemporary and marketable. However it'd probably be better for him to just get some exposure and go the way of Daughtry.

Newbomb Turk
3/8/2007, 11:02 PM
Lakisha weak sauce? I don't think so.
I agree on Blake.

tbl
3/8/2007, 11:24 PM
Lakisha weak sauce? I don't think so.

Just compared to Melinda. I do think that both of them are clearly the best out of the group, but overall Melinda can take her. I think their personalities might be swaying my opinion too, b/c I think Lakisha is kind of trashy...

3/9/2007, 01:33 AM
That stinking Indian community... I cannot believe they keep voting for that pathetic loser.

Lakisha is weak sauce compared to Melinda Doolittle. Straight up. That girl can sing like nobodies business. I'm not saying Lakisha can't sing, but MD is in a whole other stratosphere.

Does she look like a turtle? Yes
Does she have small teeth and big gums? Yes
Does she seem incredibly awkward? Yes
HOWEVER, she can sing and she's genuinely a good person. I don't know how they market her WHEN she wins... but she has some pipes.

The dark horse to win is Blake. He's not the best singer, but he's definitely the most contemporary and marketable. However it'd probably be better for him to just get some exposure and go the way of Daughtry.First Rate, on-target review!

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2007, 06:23 AM
How they kept the little fag and sent Sundance home is beyond me...not to mention the last two girls...they kept the wrong one there too.

This had to be the WORST Idol yet.

booomer
3/9/2007, 06:50 AM
So, Sundance got booted? I was watching bb last night and didn't catch any of AI.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2007, 07:37 AM
So, Sundance got booted? I was watching bb last night and didn't catch any of AI.YEP...I guess the fockturds that vote didn't like "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam. I thought it was pretty good...but WTH do I know :rolleyes:
Sanjay's little @$$ is still around and Sundance is gone :confused:

Plus Haley the horrible is still in it. :(

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2007, 09:11 AM
Before you guys whine too much about Sundance, keep in mind that he's only truly showcased his talent ONCE.

Mustang Sally is the only song that he has brought down the house with. Jeremy may have been done well, but it didn't allow him to use the skills that distinguish him from others. Sundance may be one of the better singers, but his song selection has flat out sucked and he finally paid the price.

India boy suffers from the same crap. I don't think he sucks as bad as people go on about, but his song selection stinks to high heaven and he has bored the masses. He's on borrowed time, but Sundance was also given his selections.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2007, 09:15 AM
Before you guys whine too much about Sundance, keep in mind that he's only truly showcased his talent ONCE.

Mustang Sally is the only song that he has brought down the house with. Jeremy may have been done well, but it didn't allow him to use the skills that distinguish him from others. Sundance may be one of the better singers, but his song selection has flat out sucked and he finally paid the price.

India boy suffers from the same crap. I don't think he sucks as bad as people go on about, but his song selection stinks to high heaven and he has bored the masses. He's on borrowed time, but Sundance was also given his selections.
Sanjay = Indian version of Michael Jackson

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2007, 09:16 AM
Not even. MJ has some showmanship.

tbl
3/9/2007, 09:18 AM
Dude, Michael Jackson has more talent in a piece of corn from one of his stools that Sanjaya has.

tbl
3/9/2007, 09:27 AM

I thought Sundance did a better job with Jeremy last night when he got the boot. I also think that the band was a big part of the problem (aside from the fact that he shouldn't have sung that song to begin with). That band does not play rock songs well. In a sense they're too polished. But I agree on the song choice... and actually, apart from Melinda & Blake, everybody has struggled with their song selection.

I still say the reason Sanjaya is staying around is b/c he's the first Indian to make it through to the voting rounds. I have a good friend thats Indian and their culture is very tight knit, unlike the Chinese (sorry Paul). I guarantee you they're just voting en masse for him, simply b/c he's representing (though I'm not sure why you'd want him representing). Think about it... who else would be voting for him? The judges ought to be kicking themselves that they put that turd through...

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2007, 09:32 AM
Vote for the Worst is behind him.

I've been surprised by this round. I WANTED to like Sanjaya but he has been lackluster in every performance.

Chris on the other hand I didn't want to like and he's impressed me more than I expected.

Sundance has only picked ONE good song since his audition though. Most good singers can survive a bad choice or two. He shot all his toes off though.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2007, 10:02 AM
Dude, Michael Jackson has more talent in a piece of corn from one of his stools that Sanjaya has.True...but everytime I see that kid...that is what comes to mind.

JohnnyMack
3/9/2007, 10:18 AM
b/c I think Lakisha is kind of trashy...

:les:I think you're kinda trashy!!!!!!!

:pop:

Mjcpr
3/9/2007, 10:33 AM
The contest is between Lakisha and Melinda and nobody else is close, IMO.

BUT....at least pick off the least deserving each week you damned idjits.

proud gonzo
3/9/2007, 02:18 PM
i hope haley and sanjaya leave next. good lord.

jrsooner
3/9/2007, 03:17 PM
...not to mention the last two girls...they kept the wrong one there too.Disagree here. I think Haley was better. The other girl could hit the high notes but that is about all. Plus my daughter is pulling for Haley. :)

That being said... we'll probably see 4 guys get booted in the next few weeks before the public makes a dent in the girl's ranks this year.

Osce0la
3/9/2007, 03:46 PM
Well, at least now Antonella will have more time to do a few more snapshots :D

soonerbrat
3/10/2007, 06:13 PM
Lakisha lost points with me when she said she was scared of all animals.

Melinda is my favorite....

Haley should've been out instead of Sabrina

and I already miss Sundance..he was cool.

Rogue
3/10/2007, 06:16 PM
This group just isn't as good as the past couple of seasons.

proud gonzo
3/10/2007, 06:29 PM
Lakisha lost points with me when she said she was scared of all animals.

Melinda is my favorite....

Haley should've been out instead of Sabrina

and I already miss Sundance..he was cool.i didn't so much like sundance, but he was definitely better than SAnjaya. Sundance just didn't pick very good songs. he wouldn't have won anyway. Same with Sabrina, but she could have gone a LOT farther than Haley.

tbl
3/10/2007, 08:54 PM
This group just isn't as good as the past couple of seasons.
It could be the beginning of the end. The two best singers are not marketable at all.

sanantoniosooner
3/10/2007, 09:23 PM
Doolittle should sing "Mov'n On Up"

And we should call her Weezey

proud gonzo
4/2/2007, 08:54 PM
you know... I think that Brandon dude would have done a lot better if he'd performed Tower of Power's "To Say the Least You're the Most"

TopDawg
4/2/2007, 09:41 PM
I haven't watched an episode since the auditions were over, but I hope Sanjaya wins just cuz it'll be funny. If the other people are good enough, they'll get a record deal on their own.

tulsaoilerfan
4/2/2007, 09:51 PM
I wish this show would die a slow death; it's just an updated version of the Gong Show without the damn gongs

Rhino
4/2/2007, 10:28 PM
Sanjaya will go home no earlier than the final four.

proud gonzo
4/2/2007, 10:37 PM
what makes you say that?

Rhino
4/2/2007, 10:42 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the break-dancing dude still being in it.

what makes you say that? http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2838/idolcryerea7.jpg

goingoneight
4/2/2007, 10:43 PM
Sanjaya will go home no earlier than the final four.

Well, the National Championship Game is over and he's still there!!! :mad:

proud gonzo
4/2/2007, 10:48 PM
rhino, you mean the beatboxing dude Blake? I like him

Rhino
4/2/2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, the 311/Maroon 5/Jamiroquai/dancing every song guy. He's one of the worst three singers left.

But none of that matters - the Doolittle chick had this won when she got the Kellie Pickler thing down.

proud gonzo
4/2/2007, 11:39 PM
well, i agree he's not the greatest singer in the world, but i think he's more talented musically than some of the others.

actually, i like Jordin more than Melinda. and I bet she'd be more marketable.