PDA

View Full Version : Workout/gym etiquette

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:00 PM
So I make the mistake of going to the gym tonight at 6:00. Usually I go on my lunch break and there aren't many people there... but regardless, I run into this issue a lot.

When I work out, I do 4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) of ascending weight. Since I'm in a gym where other people need to use the equipment, I do one set on one machine (or free weight), then move on to the next, essentially doing all my 12's in a series, then the 10's and so on.

I don't sit at the lateral pulldown machine and do my 12, 10, 8, & 6, all in a row, essentially bogarting the machine. However I see people do this ALL the time. I mean, if you're gonna do that, at least get up in between sets and let other people work in a set. More than a couple of times I've asked people if I could get in a set when they're just sitting there, and it's usually not a problem, but you can sometimes feel the tension.

I just don't understand why people can't do the same method, especially when its crowded, and even moreso when you have 2-3 guys working out together using the domination method. I had to wait on these three dudes the other day to work in three sets a pieces on one machine, and it's obvious I can't sneak in one on them since there's already three dudes... Am I wrong? Is it proper gym etiquette for somebody to sit at one machine and occupy it for 4 sets, essentially undisturbed? Am I the one out of line getting in 1 set at a machine then leaving, only to return 6 exercises later? Am I out of line by asking somebody if I can squeeze in a single set when it's obvious they're gonna be there for a while? I could understand if we're talking about free weights and the hassle of changing the weight around, but on a machine its just a matter of moving a small piece of metal. My way seems to make it flow MUCH better.

picasso
2/20/2007, 11:03 PM
do your set and move your ***.

royalfan5
2/20/2007, 11:05 PM
I do all my sets in one shot at a station. I do let people in if they ask, but I generally prefer people use a machine and get done rather than wandering around doing stuff piecemeal. Then again, I always workout at off peak times so it doesn't matter that much. However, most people where I work out follow the same pattern I do. This leads me to conclude that you out of touch with standard gym mores.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2007, 11:07 PM
i always ask if someone wants to get one in and i get up from the machine..but i hate when someone just comes up and takes the machine without asking first..

usually I do all 4 sets on a machine but get up after every set and see if anybody else needs to get one in

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:08 PM
So far it's 2 to 1 royal, so get with the program! ;)

Think about it though... You're ready to move on to reverse butterflys, and there's one machine in the gym. There's 2 buddies that decided they're working chest and shoulders today, so they sit down one at a time, start the butterflies, do 4 sets, then do the reverse flies, 4 sets. That's a LONG time to be hogging one machine, holmes. It's bulljive.

picasso
2/20/2007, 11:09 PM
yeah, you do sets at a station or with free weights but you CAN move your *** while you rest between the sets.
I hate these posers who sit/hog a spot when they could be getting a drink, posing in the mirror or fixing the camel toe they've got going in their stretch pants.

oh and grandpa, please don't put your leg on the bench when you're buck in the locker room. too much saggy skin there pops.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/20/2007, 11:09 PM
Make fun of the guys who can't walk past ANY mirror without staring at themselves.

At least that's what I do

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:11 PM
i always ask if someone wants to get one in and i get up from the machine..but i hate when someone just comes up and takes the machine without asking first..

usually I do all 4 sets on a machine but get up after every set and see if anybody else needs to get one in
Now that's acceptable. If he's a fellow 4 setter at once, I assume you just alternate.

The only time I've taken a machine without asking was when the guy was wandering around and wasn't making it obvious that he was between sets. However most of the jerkheads I'm referring to just sit there, doing their 30-45 second breather sitting on the machine. Not cool.

piusbovis
Sometimes it is just inconvenient to cycle like that for me. I don't mean getting up and rotating machines but once I start benching I'm geared up for that and I like to finish a particular exercise before going to something else. I guess it works for you but it seems to me that it would throw me off to do flat bench, flyes, incline press, and all the way back. Usually if someone is using a machine I need I work on a different exercise until they are done. Think of it this way: is it any different if everyone does 5 one minute sessions on the machine or one five minute session? It just seems a bit unnecessary to switch when you are going to be at it for the same total amount of time.

Although I will agree with the groups that take up something for an hour. At my gym groups of 3-4 guys will work out together and spend half their time standing around the machine gossiping when I just want to do my thing and get out.

Which brings up another gym issue. The gym isn't a social event. I go there to exercise and then leave, and yet people will try to talk to me. I don't mean to be rude but we aren't going to have a meaningful interaction in a gym. If you need a spot,fine, but I don't need corny jokes or chitchat from people I don't know when I'm trying to work-out.

royalfan5
So far it's 2 to 1 royal, so get with the program! ;)

Think about it though... You're ready to move on to reverse butterflys, and there's one machine in the gym. There's 2 buddies that decided they're working chest and shoulders today, so they sit down one at a time, start the butterflies, do 4 sets, then do the reverse flies, 4 sets. That's a LONG time to be hogging one machine, holmes. It's bulljive.
We have two machines though. I also set a blistering pace when I am in the gym. I do three sets in the time most people do one. Too many people **** around in the weightroom, and treat it as social time instead of work time. If people ****ed around less, there wouldn't be any problems.

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:13 PM
Make fun of the guys who can't walk past ANY mirror without staring at themselves.

At least that's what I do
I don't know any guy alive that can go into a gym and not look at themselves in the mirror at least once, including myself. When you get all pumped up and the veins are rocking, it's pretty cool.
supa

picasso
2/20/2007, 11:13 PM
I like to sprint past the old people on the indoor track. I sometimes even talk smack.

"c'mon granny, gotta pick that pace up to play with the big boys."

I also groan and scream on the treadmill.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2007, 11:15 PM
Now that's acceptable. If he's a fellow 4 setter at once, I assume you just alternate.

The only time I've taken a machine without asking was when the guy was wandering around and wasn't making it obvious that he was between sets. However most of the jerkheads I'm referring to just sit there, doing their 30-45 second breather sitting on the machine. Not cool.

yeah those guys irritate me too.my philosophy on it that if your not lifting, stand up. i know sometimes i ll notice somebody doing one set at a time on a machine and if i see its what im working that day, i ll tell him to jump in as he works around

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:17 PM
Which brings up another gym issue. The gym isn't a social event. I go there to exercise and then leave, and yet people will try to talk to me. I don't mean to be rude but we aren't going to have a meaningful interaction in a gym. If you need a spot,fine, but I don't need corny jokes or chitchat from people I don't know when I'm trying to work-out.
Easy solution:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2004/11/08/ipod_photo.jpg

I'm in my world and I don't talk to a single person, other than "excuse me" or asking to get in a set.

I see your point about getting in the zone, but I like to progress all my muscles on the same cycles. I'm doing bi's, tri's, and shoulders one day, chest and back the next, and abs and legs the 3rd. When I'm doing them, I like to feel the intensity pick up on each of them, culminating with the heavy 6 to finish it off.

I guess ultimately it's just fine to do your sets all at once, as long as you get up and allow another guy to get in a set between.

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:21 PM
yeah those guys irritate me too.my philosophy on it that if your not lifting, stand up. i know sometimes i ll notice somebody doing one set at a time on a machine and if i see its what im working that day, i ll tell him to jump in as he works around
You're a good man.

So now that we've established it's ok to do all the sets so long as you allow for others to get in, is it ok to confront the sitters? I do anyway, but I've hesitated with giving complete attitude, for fear of breaking an unwritten gym rule.

I don't think we've resolved the group of guys doing multiple sets. IMO, that's a no-no. Even if they are hitting it hard, it still takes up a lot of time.

H8HOGS
2/20/2007, 11:21 PM
What about someone doing their leg pull ups and when they lift and contract their stomach rip a big fart.. Do you acknowledge or not?

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:22 PM
What about someone doing their leg pull ups and when they lift and contract their stomach rip a big fart.. Do you acknowledge or not?
If it's another dude, you compliment him. If it's a female, you walk away and pretend it didn't happen.

royalfan5
2/20/2007, 11:24 PM
You're a good man.

So now that we've established it's ok to do all the sets so long as you allow for others to get in, is it ok to confront the sitters? I do anyway, but I've hesitated with giving complete attitude, for fear of breaking an unwritten gym rule.

I don't think we've resolved the group of guys doing multiple sets. IMO, that's a no-no. Even if they are hitting it hard, it still takes up a lot of time.
Practices may very by location too. When in Rome, you know. Also, am I the only one who assumes guys who show up to the gym wearing matching clothes with their hair gelled at 8 A:M are gay no matter how much bigger than me they are?

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:29 PM
The fart comment made me think of another one....

Body odor can happen to anybody. HOWEVER, when one comes to the gym, they should NOT already be stinking (their body or their clothes). They should also have much DO applied to prevent as much funk as possible. Correct?

I was there the other day and there was a couple that were literally making my gag reflex go off. When they got up from a machine, I got the spray and made broad, sweeping gestures to spray the whole machine down in a cloud, then wiped with long and hard strokes to overemphasize the point that they needed to get the F out of there. I ended up leaving b/c it was so bad that you couldn't go within 4 machines without them funking up your nose.

Is there any way to address that issue?

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/20/2007, 11:30 PM
I don't know any guy alive that can go into a gym and not look at themselves in the mirror at least once, including myself. When you get all pumped up and the veins are rocking, it's pretty cool.
supa

The act of working out yes....

simply walking by, nay

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2007, 11:30 PM

it is so irritating because any more than 2 IMO, is a social gathering and not for the purpose of getting a good workout. those guys that workout 3 or 4 in a group absolutely take up too much time on a machine..here is what happened in my last encounter with those guys.

I walked up and said can i get one in? they always say yes.. the next guy works out and they are still blabbering..I ask to do another one...then the next guy...then i do my third...and so on...I do four sets before they go thru the 4 man rotation..Im pretty bold about it usually

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:32 PM
Practices may very by location too. When in Rome, you know. Also, am I the only one who assumes guys who show up to the gym wearing matching clothes with their hair gelled at 8 A:M are gay no matter how much bigger than me they are?
Size has nothing to do with gay-dome. If I've been traveling or in a meeting, I show up sometimes after work in my nice clothes and my hair styled, but I change into my raggedy workout pants, t shirt, OU hat, and commence to kick it and lick it.

The practice of showing up in the morning dressed to impress makes no sense whatsoever.

royalfan5
2/20/2007, 11:39 PM
Size has nothing to do with gay-dome. If I've been traveling or in a meeting, I show up sometimes after work in my nice clothes and my hair styled, but I change into my raggedy workout pants, t shirt, OU hat, and commence to kick it and lick it.

The practice of showing up in the morning dressed to impress makes no sense whatsoever.
It's more the fact that the two guys match their clothes to each other, as well as color coordinating that has to do with the gay-dome. It's just that they are also huge, which adds to the funnyness(ha-ha, not strange) of the situation.

tbl
2/20/2007, 11:41 PM
It's more the fact that the two guys match their clothes to each other, as well as color coordinating that has to do with the gay-dome. It's just that they are also huge, which adds to the funnyness(ha-ha, not strange) of the situation.
Ohhhh... I didn't realize when you said "guys", you actually meant 2 dudes showing up dressed like each other.

Uh yeah.... that's the gym equivalent to having a rainbow bumper sticker.

Mongo
2/20/2007, 11:46 PM
The gym in Norman I went to had a dude that wore American flag spandex shorts and those tank tops that go between the shoulder blades in the back. Plus he had a mustache that looked like something Freddy Mercury sported.

noleamite
2/20/2007, 11:57 PM
I drink a lot of water and sweat like a pig when I work out so I dont have a problem with people taking the equipment I just left. ;)

bellefay1
2/21/2007, 12:04 AM
i'd carry a gun or at least make rogue threats.....that or reminisce about that time you told those kids to get off your yard.

BajaOklahoma
2/21/2007, 12:07 AM
:eek: You don't clean it off for the next person?

Be nice to the old people. You can only hope to be one of us some day.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2007, 06:53 AM
Go to a bigger gym with more equipment.

H8HOGS
2/21/2007, 08:21 AM
And why do they always put the treadmills in from of the ellipticals. More guys run than do those and the opposite for women. It makes it much easier to run for an hour when some chick is in front of you in tights wearing a thong or nothing underneath. Kind of a form of motivation.

Hamhock
2/21/2007, 09:08 AM
So I make the mistake of going to the gym

agreed

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/21/2007, 09:17 AM
This thread is why I go to a private trainer at a private gym.

A gym is one of the nastiest, grossest places because of all the butt sweat left on treadmills, benches, etc. that people don't clean after they use them.

It's also a big peeve for people to be taking up space by chit chatting or "resting" for 5 minutes between sets.

Howzit
2/21/2007, 09:46 AM
I pretty much only do cardio anymore, but I have a couple of gym pet peeves. It ****es me off when someone is taking up a treadmill with it set at 2.0, and watching TV.

AND, it ****es me off when I am swimming laps and some dude will wait until I am at the wall then want to race...for one lap. Wank.

C&CDean
2/21/2007, 09:48 AM
I always work two separate body parts on the same day. Chest/biceps, legs/shoulders, back/triceps. I start with a set on the flat bench, then immediately get up and do a set of straight barbell curls, then back to the flat bench, etc. for 3 sets of each.

If you're one of those nimrods sitting there between sets on the bench I just go "let me get a set in."

Of course you can always do what I'm in the process of doing now. I'm building another big barn, and in one corner I'm putting in a gym. I don't recommend home gyms to most people (cause you ain't gonna stick with it), but if you're a life-long fitness person a home gym solves all those problems.

tbl
2/21/2007, 09:54 AM
If you have the room and the discipline, a home gym is definitely nice to have. I don't have the former, and I would lose the latter, so to the gym I go.

tbl
2/21/2007, 09:56 AM
Go to a bigger gym with more equipment.
That is a good point, but where I live all the gyms are of the smaller variety. I'd have to drive 20-30 minutes to the closest LA Fitness and that's too much driving to do 6 days a week. When I was in FW I had an LA built 5 miles from my house, and it was awesome. However even at big gyms, there are certain exercises that only have one machine.

sooneron
2/21/2007, 10:01 AM
I have never done my sets one per machine then starting over again. Who taught you that? It isn't the most beneficial way to work out. Do your set, go get a sip of water or whatever and then do your next set. I sometimes jump rope until time for the next set - 30-60 sec. Great way to burn flab.

tbl
2/21/2007, 10:08 AM
I know I'm not tearing down the muscle fiber as good by that method since I'm relaxing a certain muscle group a little longer than normal, but I still get a full workout. I do at least 2 exercises for each muscle group I'm working that day, so I'm really not taking that long between sets as well.

picasso
2/21/2007, 10:11 AM
I don't get you guys who do biceps along with chest or back along with chest.

I'm a push push/chest and triceps or pull/pull back and biceps type.

sooneron
2/21/2007, 10:16 AM
I know I'm not tearing down the muscle fiber as good by that method since I'm relaxing a certain muscle group a little longer than normal, but I still get a full workout. I do at least 2 exercises for each muscle group I'm working that day, so I'm really not taking that long between sets as well.
The one issue that I'd say you're creating is form. It's much too easy to fall into bad form. Repetition is one way around that. You're almost starting from square one every time you get back onto an exercise, yet, at a higher weight. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's something that I used to do and I wasn't getting the full benefit til I changed.

I knew a guy that worked out quite a bit and he could get 115lb dumbells up on the incline, but he used his shoulders way too much. You may progress in heft, but it may not be affecting the muscle groups that it it supposed to affect.

I'm not trying to rag on you, just issues that I have seen and experienced.

frankensooner
2/21/2007, 10:42 AM
After reading this, I am so glad we quit going to the gym and bought our own equipment. Gyms be nasty.

NormanPride
2/21/2007, 10:53 AM
I've always been told to do push/pull groups in the same day. Otherwise you risk injury.

frankensooner
2/21/2007, 10:58 AM
Same goes with ab work, you should also throw in a little lower back.

IB4OU2
2/21/2007, 11:01 AM
Get a Bowflex.....problem solved.

achiro
2/21/2007, 11:09 AM
That moving to each machine for one set and back through thing is weird:D and a very inefficient way to work out. I assume that you are trying to grow with the 12,10,8,6 type workout. If that is your goal, you are really compromising your gains.
I don't usually move between sets because I only rest about 30 seconds and if I get up someone that likes to camp may take over. If someone wants to do a set between, its fine but I'm not there long enough to make much difference. The folks that camp out, talking to their spotter or the person on the next machine over can move their arse, that does **** me off.

picasso
2/21/2007, 11:13 AM
I've always been told to do push/pull groups in the same day. Otherwise you risk injury.
well if do chest one day and then triceps the next. you're not giving said triceps enough time to recover.

I do chest, triceps and one shoulder movement in the same workout.

back and biceps.

legs.

IronSooner
2/21/2007, 11:19 AM
I pretty much do everything in the same day, then take a day or two off to recover. With my schedule it's easier to go to the gym for 2 hours every other day than an hour each day.

OzarkSooner
2/21/2007, 11:37 AM
I used to go to the gym on a regular basis...last time I went kind of put me off public gyms. After working out, I went into the locker room to change clothes. It was fairly early in the morning and the geezer crowd was in full force (NTTAWWT). The locker room was fairly crowded and this old d00d, like 75-80 years old comes over to the bench I'm sitting on, next to where his locker was. He just got out of the shower and is wearing only a towel. That should've been my clue to run away or find a new spot. Next thing I know, he's dropped the towel, propped a leg up on the bench and is using his underarm deodorant all over his "sack." I ain't been back. (heh...that rhymed)

Oh yeah, forgot to add that he was multi-tasking. Trying to chat about the weather, etc. whilst deodorizing "down there." Puuuuuuhhhhhhlllllleeeeeezzzzzzzeee noooooooooooo!!!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/21/2007, 11:41 AM
I used to go to the gym on a regular basis...last time I went kind of put me off public gyms. After working out, I went into the locker room to change clothes. It was fairly early in the morning and the geezer crowd was in full force (NTTAWWT). The locker room was fairly crowded and this old d00d, like 75-80 years old comes over to the bench I'm sitting on, next to where his locker was. He just got out of the shower and is wearing only a towel. That should've been my clue to run away or find a new spot. Next thing I know, he's dropped the towel, propped a leg up on the bench and is using his underarm deodorant all over his "sack." I ain't been back. (heh...that rhymed)

Oh yeah, forgot to add that he was multi-tasking. Trying to chat about the weather, etc. whilst deodorizing "down there." Puuuuuuhhhhhhlllllleeeeeezzzzzzzeee noooooooooooo!!!!Try swimming at the OC3 pool when the old lady crowd is there. Most ladies locker rooms have dressing areas--not that one.

tbl
2/21/2007, 12:35 PM
If that is your goal, you are really compromising your gains.

Say that to my huge guns... :D

Seriously, I've gained quite a bit of muscle and I've only been working out since the first week of January. I'm really doing it more to tone up, but I do want some growth. I'm at the point now that I don't really want to get any bigger (or do I?).

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2007, 12:48 PM
"Well, what was I supposed to do? Get out of the shower, put on my bathrobe? Go all the way down to the other end? Come all the way back?"

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2007, 12:50 PM
"Oh, no...no, that's very bad for the kidneys!"

C&CDean
2/21/2007, 02:20 PM
well if do chest one day and then triceps the next. you're not giving said triceps enough time to recover.

I do chest, triceps and one shoulder movement in the same workout.

back and biceps.

legs.

You just haven't evolved yet.

Back in the day, everybody did chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders.

This is flawed. When you're benching, you're using tris. Trying to max out on your tris in addition to benching is counter productive. Same goes with back/bis. If you're doing pull downs, rows, etc. you're already using your biceps. You won't get a max workout by doing curls on the same day. I find you get a much better workout on each muscle group by exercising non-assist muscles.

This also lets you work a body part twice a week - but only focusing on that part once a week (or every other day).

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2007, 04:34 PM
That is a good point, but where I live all the gyms are of the smaller variety. I'd have to drive 20-30 minutes to the closest LA Fitness and that's too much driving to do 6 days a week. When I was in FW I had an LA built 5 miles from my house, and it was awesome. However even at big gyms, there are certain exercises that only have one machine.

Just wait, LAFitness is building them ungodly fast and one will come to you. 42 new clubs last year and supposedly 50 more this year, it's insane.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2007, 04:39 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to add that he was multi-tasking. Trying to chat about the weather, etc. whilst deodorizing "down there." Puuuuuuhhhhhhlllllleeeeeezzzzzzzeee noooooooooooo!!!!

I see that crap nearly every day. Naked dudes shaving with their nuts draped over the counter or in the sink. Naked dudes "flossing" their groin with a towel. Naked dudes blow drying their junk. Naked dudes standing directly in the middle of the locker room spreading lotion over every square inch of their body. Naked dudes standing on a bench in the sauna dancing.
http://www.rattusquebecus.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/vomit.gif

People are just nasty and inconsiderate.

C&CDean
2/21/2007, 04:42 PM
I see that crap nearly every day. Naked dudes shaving with their nuts draped over the counter or in the sink. Naked dudes "flossing" their groin with a towel. Naked dudes blow drying their junk. Naked dudes standing directly in the middle of the locker room spreading lotion over every square inch of their body. Naked dudes standing on a bench in the sauna dancing.

Kinda turns me on, and I'm embarrassed to shower with my little woodie popping.

Dude, NTTAWWT

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2007, 04:51 PM
Dude, what gym do you go to, that sounds like my kind of place?

NTTAWWT

IB4OU2
2/21/2007, 04:53 PM
Dude, NTTAWWT

Nope, Dean calls that tain't polishing.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/21/2007, 04:56 PM
Deodorant?

Down there?

Well. I guess I learned something today. Something strange but...something.

Pricetag
2/21/2007, 05:00 PM
Deodorant?

Down there?

I'm guessing it was primarily for the anti-perspirant function.

OzarkSooner
2/21/2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, that was my secondary thought...WHY down there? My first thought was....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee!!!!!!

I'm thinking it was to keep from having "items" like Pete Schweaty.

Still, it seems like that stuff might be harmful to your "junk." OF course at 75 or 80 years old, he prolly didn't care.

I know, I've WAY over-analyzed this.

yermom
2/21/2007, 05:34 PM
so you clean the thing between each set?

picasso
2/21/2007, 05:45 PM
You just haven't evolved yet.

Back in the day, everybody did chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders.

This is flawed. When you're benching, you're using tris. Trying to max out on your tris in addition to benching is counter productive. Same goes with back/bis. If you're doing pull downs, rows, etc. you're already using your biceps. You won't get a max workout by doing curls on the same day. I find you get a much better workout on each muscle group by exercising non-assist muscles.

yes Deaner I know this.:)
I never max out on small muscle groups. especially triceps. working them is a good compliment after doing a heavy chest workout.

I've tried various ways but seem to stick to my own and it's worked. I've been able to stay felxible and injury free (injury from lifting that is).

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/21/2007, 05:47 PM
yes Deaner I know this.:)
I never max out on small muscle groups. especially triceps. working them is a good compliment after doing a heavy chest workout.

I always thought you had a nice rack.

picasso
2/21/2007, 05:49 PM
I always thought you had a nice rack.
it's gotten smaller but thanks.

last trip to the tailor hurt my ego.;)

SoonerInKCMO
2/21/2007, 08:00 PM
Deodorant?

Down there?

I bet his girlfriend is glad he did. :texan:

jdsooner
2/21/2007, 08:29 PM
Deodorant powder down there is fine, but not from a stick, man.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2007, 08:34 PM
so you clean the thing between each set?

Is this in reference to sweaty nutsacks?

picasso
2/21/2007, 08:36 PM
I love wearing my skin tight lifting shirt. it's so tight I can't put my arms down straight.

makes me look really big.

and my nipples stay hard in it too. it's cool man.

soonerboomer93
2/21/2007, 09:20 PM
anyone know a good back workout. for both the upper and lower back?

SoonerInKCMO
2/21/2007, 09:33 PM
Deodorant powder down there is fine, but not from a stick, man.

The powder can get messy later though.

http://www.locomote.org/wp-content/flour_cut.jpg

sooneron
2/21/2007, 09:40 PM
anyone know a good back workout. for both the upper and lower back?
Get on a Hammer Strength High Row/
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/resources/category/1/1/1/7/images/strength.fit.fit1multigym.jpg

Low Row

http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/resources/category/1/1/2/0/images/popup.full.HAMMERSTRENGTH-HS-ILLOWROW-O1CO.jpg

and back extensions

http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/resources/category/1/7/5/0/images/backextension_enlarge.jpg

Lat pull downs don't hurt either

Doing triceps and chest on the same day is over-usage. If you want to do two groups, do Back and chest.

Do biceps and triceps on the same day.

Shoulders are important too. I do them on their own day, b/c it feels like a light day when I do shoulders.

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2007, 10:15 PM
"Are you going to have me banned for shower urination?!!!"