PDA

View Full Version : the walmart thread

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 10:04 PM
is giving me tired head

i bought my beer at Albertsons tonite...and felt SO much better about it

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2007, 10:06 PM
Albertson's is generally pricier but its patrons are generally a better class of people.

I say generally because you said you went there to night.....

KIDDING KIDDING. :D

tommieharris91
2/20/2007, 10:06 PM
I bought some ice cream from an alternative firm who prices similarly to wal-mart about 15 minutes ago.

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 10:07 PM
dude, i shop at walmart on a regular basis.....for a number of reasons

albertsons carries those aluminum budweiser bottles and wal-hell doesnt....

SoonerBorn68
2/20/2007, 10:10 PM
I spent 13.72 at the Dollar General last night.

royalfan5
2/20/2007, 10:12 PM
I always shop at Wal-Mart because it's cheap and open late. I do most my shopping after 9 P.M.

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 10:13 PM
you know....there isnt MUCH made in america these days....all the crying over stuff made in china....jeezus, tell me where you can find much of anything thats still made in america....i know we cant blame all of that on wal-mart

my dad started his own business about 12 years ago......he sold an item that you can find in any wal-mart, but he specialized his business and made a small fortune thru some smarts and ALOT of hardwork.

he sold his business last year and is retired at 67 with no financial worries.....

FaninAma
2/20/2007, 10:23 PM
is giving me tired head

i bought my beer at Albertsons tonite...and felt SO much better about it

Congratulations. You've taken your first step to recovery.:hot:

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 10:25 PM
no worries, i'll be in walmart by sunday

Mjcpr
2/20/2007, 10:28 PM
Is this where we can go to find out who got the last Cheeto?

SoonerBorn68
2/20/2007, 10:30 PM
Is this where we can go to find out who got the last Cheeto?

Yeah, it was like getting to the end of the book & finding out the last page was missing. :mad:

WHO GOT THE LAST CHEETO?!

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 10:31 PM
thats enough from you .......you mod wannabe taunter...

jacru
2/21/2007, 02:07 AM
Everyone start a Wal-mart thread and watch FaninAma go spastic trying to post a b!tch-rant in all of them. ;) :D

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2007, 02:12 AM
I don't understand why he gets so much flak.

jacru
2/21/2007, 02:18 AM
He has a "kick me" sign on his back.

tommieharris91
2/21/2007, 02:34 AM
He used the :hot: in the wrong way. Doesn't he know you're supposed to use the :hot: after a link to tubgirl?

BoogercountySooner
2/21/2007, 05:53 AM
Wal-Mart keeps illegal aliens clothed and fed!

yermom
2/21/2007, 08:36 AM
I always shop at Wal-Mart because it's cheap and open late. I do most my shopping after 9 P.M.

stupid Target closes at 10PM :mad:

the late hours are the deal sealer for me...

frankensooner
2/21/2007, 10:46 AM
My wife called me on the way home yesterday, my middle child needed a certain item for school, so I had to stop at Academy and Wal Mart. Neither store had what I was looking for, and that was at least a plus! ;) Academy acutally has clothes named after the city of Austin. geeez.

TexasLidig8r
2/21/2007, 10:58 AM
I friggin HATE Wal-mart!!!! :mad:

I always feel like I need to take a shower after going to one.

Unless I am absolutely dragged off to it, I won't go. It's the devil's playground!

jacru
2/21/2007, 11:52 AM
I friggin HATE Wal-mart!!!! :mad:

I always feel like I need to take a shower after going to one.

Unless I am absolutely dragged off to it, I won't go. It's the devil's playground!
Then I won't have to wait in line behind you. Sweeeet!

OzarkSooner
2/21/2007, 12:46 PM
I hate Wally World as much as the next guy...well maybe not as much as FaninAMA, but, I do detest the place.

I also must agree with Lid....(I don't wanna' do that very often) WalMart is just a naRsty place most of the time. Case in point, I haven't been sick ALL winter. Last Friday night, I had to go by WalMart for something, don't remember what it was even. Every time I turned a corner there was a typical WalMart dweller coughing their head off and usually NOT covering their mouths. Long story short (too late I know) I now have a cold.

Not only that but it seems EVERY time I go to WalMart here in the southwest corner of Mizzeri, I see an Aggroid fan in ill-fitting aggie gear. What is it about Aggies and their clothes? Why do they all seem to be STUFFED into their fan gear? It must be a conspiracy...

BTW....if you really want to read some stuff by people who have seemingly legit. hate for WalMart....just do a Google search for the term, "I hate WalMart" and you will see several websites devoted to same.

royalfan5
2/21/2007, 12:48 PM
I think your problem is that you live in the Ozarks more than Wal-Mart. Honestly is there anywhere in the Ozarks where there aren't tons of people like that?

OzarkSooner
2/21/2007, 12:54 PM
I think your problem is that you live in the Ozarks more than Wal-Mart. Honestly is there anywhere in the Ozarks where there aren't tons of people like that?

DOH!!! You are probably correct. I'd say that there's MORE than a correlation. However, I hate to say it, but most of the aggroids I mention have usually driven over from right across the state line in Oklahoma as witnessed by their Okie license plates.

:eek: :eek:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2007, 04:00 PM
What do you suppose is the correlation between those who despise Walmart and people who usually vote democrat?

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:06 PM
you tell me, because I'd love to hear your theory on it.

2/21/2007, 04:12 PM
you tell me, because I'd love to hear your theory on it.I'm sure you can guess my theory. You tell me.

sanantoniosooner
2/21/2007, 04:13 PM
What do you suppose is the correlation between those who despise Walmart and people who usually vote democrat?
I hate walmart and vote republican.

It doesn't mean that I wont shop there.

It just means the place gets on my nerves, but it's a necessary evil.

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2007, 04:16 PM
I'm sure you can guess my theory. You tell me.

Your theory would be wrong.
YCT, for example, has a sizable contingent of members who are anti Wal-Mart and you can't get much more radically conservative than YCT.

2/21/2007, 04:18 PM
I hate walmart and vote republican.

It doesn't mean that I wont shop there.

It just means the place gets on my nerves, but it's a necessary evil.Why do you hate Walmart? Is it the intense hate that those have who think Walmart should be controlled or punished, or something milder than that?

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2007, 04:20 PM
Why do you hate Walmart? Is it the intense hate that those have who think Walmart should be controlled or punished, or something milder than that?

Rush,
There are those who hate wal-mart who do not believe they should be punished via government. I do believe they should be punished economically by fewer people shopping there.

As a conservative, you should be concerned about what Wal-Mart has done to small-town America.

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:23 PM
I'm sure you can guess my theory. You tell me.

I'd rather hear your theory from you, because I'd be interested in what group you would intend on lumping me in with. I'm 99% sure that you'd be wrong.

sanantoniosooner
2/21/2007, 04:24 PM
Why do you hate Walmart? Is it the intense hate that those have who think Walmart should be controlled or punished, or something milder than that?
I don't like walmart for several reasons, but two stand out.

1) The concentration of low class customers.
2) The crappy way they treat their employees.

Quality companies generate a loyalty among their employees and Walmart is getting sued by their employees with good reason.

Costco and HEB locally provide similar product at similar prices and are loved by their employees. That says a lot about their companies.

tbl
2/21/2007, 04:24 PM
I shop there all the time, but it's a necessary evil. Wife and I were talking about it this morning. I went to Kroger the other night for a couple of items, and checked out somethings that I knew what the price was at WM. Sure enough, they were all 10-20% higher at Kroger, for the exact same product.

Sorry, but that adds up over a year when you have 4 mouths to feed and two of those mouths still require diapers.

Hamhock
2/21/2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry, but that adds up over a year when you have 4 mouths to feed and two of those mouths still require diapers.

dude, not to be critical, but you're putting the diapers on the wrong end.

tbl
2/21/2007, 04:27 PM
As a conservative, you should be concerned about what Wal-Mart has done to small-town America.
That I agree with. Anybody from a small town in Oklahoma (or anywhere for that matter) can testify to this.

In Duncan, Wal-Mart wiped out Montgomery Ward, Woolsworth, K-Mart, Goodners (for the most part), TG&Y, & finally Gibsons. No telling how many small locally owned companies got swept under the rug as well...

tbl
2/21/2007, 04:28 PM
dude, not to be critical, but you're putting the diapers on the wrong end.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2007, 04:30 PM
i dont care for the pedestrian traffic at walmart where we buy our groceries.....the clientele....but i'm not so damn stuck on myself that i'm going to kroger or albertsons and pay 20% more

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:30 PM
I shop there all the time, but it's a necessary evil. Wife and I were talking about it this morning. I went to Kroger the other night for a couple of items, and checked out somethings that I knew what the price was at WM. Sure enough, they were all 10-20% higher at Kroger, for the exact same product.

yeah, but that goes back to the specialty store argument. Grocery stores are as much specialty stores as an electronics store, or a home good store, or a toy store or a sporting goods store.

Superstores can offer that stuff at 10-15% less because those items (which everyone insanely marks up over cost), because that isn't the life blood of their business. It's the same reason that music stores/video stores took huge hits in the sales market because of Best Buy/Circuit City/Fry's. Those stores make more off of selling TV's/Stereos/Computers than they do off of CD's/DVD's so they could afford to offer new releases for $10(CD) or $14(DVD). That forced the market in CD's and DVD's/Videos to adjust, which ended up killing off a lot of mom and pops or smaller local/regional chains.

If anything, that other thread should be an argument regarding specialty stores v. 'combination/superstores' than anything else. But that would require going further than just blaming Wal-Mart for all of the world's woes.

Hamhock
2/21/2007, 04:33 PM
That I agree with. Anybody from a small town in Oklahoma (or anywhere for that matter) can testify to this.

In Duncan, Wal-Mart wiped out Montgomery Ward, Woolsworth, K-Mart, Goodners (for the most part), TG&Y, & finally Gibsons. No telling how many small locally owned companies got swept under the rug as well...

i guess i thought that the people of Duncan wiped out MW, Woolsworth, Kmart, Goodners, TGY and Gibsons by not shopping there.

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:35 PM

Montgomery Ward got wiped out by bad business practices and an inability to adjust at the rate of the consumer. They were in bad shape back when Wal-Mart was nothing but a regional entity.

2/21/2007, 04:37 PM
I'd rather hear your theory from you, because I'd be interested in what group you would intend on lumping me in with. I'm 99% sure that you'd be wrong.I wouldn't lump you until I knew why you hated them, and what, if anything you felt should be done about your grievance(s).
It's not a stretch to imagine those who wish to control and/or punish Walmart, or any business, believe in capitalism less than those who are less likely to condone such measures.

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't lump you until I knew why you hated them, and what, if anything you felt should be done about your grievance(s).
It's not a stretch to imagine those who wish to control and/or punish Walmart, or any business, believe in capitalism less than those who are less likely to condone such measures.

My dislike of Wal-Mart has little to do with their business practices, and I have no issue with the fact that they can offer things at those prices based upon this being a free market society. I do have issues with their catering attempts, but then again I also have issues with high end only catering businesses as well.

jacru
2/21/2007, 04:40 PM
Does a business have a right to exist in perpetuity and be free from competition??

2/21/2007, 04:41 PM
i guess i thought that the people of Duncan wiped out MW, Woolsworth, Kmart, Goodners, TGY and Gibsons by not shopping there.Well said!

Hamhock
2/21/2007, 04:42 PM
Does a business have a right to exist in perpetuity and be free from competition??

yes, just like every american has the right to expect 3 meals a day and someone to hand them money if they don't want to work.

2/21/2007, 04:43 PM
I do have issues with their catering attempts, but then again I also have issues with high end only catering businesses as well.Pls. explain.

Hamhock
2/21/2007, 04:44 PM
Pls. explain.

really!!! i had no idea walmart did catering. i have a company picnic coming up...

Mjcpr
2/21/2007, 04:45 PM
really!!! i had no idea walmart did catering. i have a company picnic coming up...

He was displeased with their lunchmeat and veggie trays.

jacru
2/21/2007, 04:45 PM
yes, just like every american has the right to expect 3 meals a day and someone to hand them money if they don't want to work.
ah, that's the "reasoning" I thought I was hearing.:rolleyes:

Scott D
2/21/2007, 04:48 PM
Pls. explain.

I'll wait until I hear your theory before I explain.

2/21/2007, 04:53 PM
I'll wait until I hear your theory before I explain.Theory explained in post #42

soonersweetie
2/21/2007, 05:00 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I hate how dirty the stores are, and some of the clientele aren't that great either (even here in San Diego-land of the pretty people).

But....I have a duty as a mother to provide and care for my children. If that means I can get more for my money at Walmart, then that's where I'm going.

Besides, have you ever been in a Walmart when it first opens in the morning? It's like day/night (no pun intended). It's clean, floors are mopped, everything put in it's place and NO ONE Is there with their kids who arebratty, rude, and covered with sticky candy.

mdklatt
2/21/2007, 05:03 PM

What about poor people?

2/21/2007, 05:07 PM
What about poor people?Yes WHAT about poor people?

mdklatt
2/21/2007, 05:10 PM
Yes WHAT about poor people?

They like Wal-Mart, and they vote Democrat.

jacru
2/21/2007, 05:15 PM
I'm poor and I vote republican.

2/21/2007, 05:17 PM
They like Wal-Mart, and they vote Democrat.The theory is that those that really hate Walmart, and want govt. harrassment of Walmart are likely dims.

mdklatt
2/21/2007, 05:18 PM
I'm poor and I vote republican.

But do you hate Wal Mart?

jacru
2/21/2007, 05:18 PM
...those that really hate and want govt. harrassment are likely dims.
Simplified!

mdklatt
2/21/2007, 05:19 PM
The theory is that those that really hate Walmart, and want govt. harrassment of Walmart are likely dims.

Well, you'll never meet a guy more liberal than Faninama....

jacru
2/21/2007, 05:21 PM
But do you hate Wal Mart?
I don't hate it or love it. I do often shop there.

mdklatt
2/21/2007, 05:42 PM
I don't hate it or love it.

Aha! So you admit it!

jacru
2/21/2007, 05:48 PM
What I love are laissez-faire people and laissez-faire gov't policies.

yermom
2/21/2007, 06:18 PM
when did Wal-Mart move away from American products? am i imagining commercials touting American products at Wal-Mart back in the day?

Scott D
2/21/2007, 06:19 PM
Theory explained in post #42

What about people who despise Wal-Mart, don't seek government intervention...and don't generally vote democrat?

yermom
2/21/2007, 06:31 PM
it's not Wal-Mart's fault that our country is set up to make it easy to hose your workers and stomp out mom and pop stores

soonerboomer93
2/21/2007, 06:38 PM
Actually, i've noticed something shopping at wal-mart and Target last time I was in the states. The products wal-mart sells are of a different quality then those sold in other stores. Basically to meet wal-marts pricing demands, they make a lower quality product to sell there, and a higher quality product to sell at other retailers.

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2007, 06:48 PM
can anybody tell me if a cashier at wal-mart makes more or less than the cashier at kroger?

olevetonahill
2/21/2007, 06:51 PM
What about people who despise Wal-Mart, don't seek government intervention...and don't generally vote democrat?
I think thats ME :cool:
I wont set foot in one , I vote the way I want .

jacru
2/21/2007, 06:53 PM
Let them stew in their own juices, sit in a corner and go insane.
I do not wish to share in their misery.

2/21/2007, 06:54 PM
What about people who don't seek government intervention...and don't generally vote democrat?Doesn't surprise me that they don't vote democrat.

Scott D
2/21/2007, 07:05 PM
Doesn't surprise me that they don't vote democrat.

but how could that be, when you peg some of those people as dirty libz?

olevetonahill
2/21/2007, 07:15 PM
but how could that be, when you peg some of those people as dirty libz?
Cause even dirty libz can hate on wally world ?
HEH I just noticed your name thingy . Spek

2/21/2007, 07:29 PM
but how could that be, when you peg some of those people as dirty libz?You're twisting my analysis. If they don't want govt. interference, they aren't likey dirty libz.(you're just being ornery for the fun of it)

OUinFLA
2/21/2007, 08:00 PM
when did Wal-Mart move away from American products? am i imagining commercials touting American products at Wal-Mart back in the day?

My cousin and I were discussing that today at lunch.
Do you remember when it was ....
Buy American, Buy WalMart.

yeah, that sure lasted long.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/21/2007, 08:03 PM
Wal Mart is like that big tittied homecoming queen bitch who is annoying and has a screechy voice and constantly is whining but everyone knows that if it comes down to her and another girl at the end of the night, you going to take the hott *** annoying girl ;)

Scott D
2/21/2007, 08:14 PM
You're twisting my analysis. If they don't want govt. interference, they aren't likey dirty libz.(you're just being ornery for the fun of it)

not really, you've pegged me as a dirty libz in the past. However, I'm against government interference in the affairs of Wal-Mart with the exception of Unfair Business Practices in regards to the Ethical Laws of the country, which mostly pertain to hiring practices and employment/pension. But, not exclusive to those as it would encompass collusion and anti-trust. However those are things that all businesses are subject to.

My view of Government not being in business stems from the fact that not only would the government screw it up. But, that past indicators are that they would manage to screw up any sort of penalties levied against any responsible parties in Wal-Mart violating any of those laws that are in place to protect consumers and employees from not only themselves, but from the businesses in question.

However, in regards to Ethics, I think the line between Ethical and Unethical with businesses is akin to the line between Genius and Insane.

royalfan5
2/21/2007, 08:46 PM
The thing that cracks me up about many americans is that when somebody builds a better mousetrap, they get all whiny and that mousetrap taken away because it's not fair, instead of topping the existing best mousetrap.

olevetonahill
2/21/2007, 08:49 PM
HEH I agree with Royal .
wallyworld is a great rat trap :D

yermom
2/21/2007, 08:57 PM
The thing that cracks me up about many americans is that when somebody builds a better mousetrap, they get all whiny and that mousetrap taken away because it's not fair, instead of topping the existing best mousetrap.

in this case, the better mousetrap being an even bigger place to buy Khazakstani goods that would make the Chinese stuff look high quality for a Nickel cheaper, employing only undocumented Mexicans that they pay under the table?

royalfan5
2/21/2007, 09:09 PM
in this case, the better mousetrap being an even bigger place to buy Khazakstani goods that would make the Chinese stuff look high quality for a Nickel cheaper, employing only undocumented Mexicans that they pay under the table?
Kazhaks goods would be too expensive. You would need Kzgyzkastani goods. It ain't like the other discounters are selling stuff that's made in the USA either. Wal-Mart wins because they negotiate better and they handle their supply chain better. It's as simple as that.

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2007, 09:14 PM
lets be fair

not EVERYTHING sold at walmart is made in china...

FaninAma
2/21/2007, 09:19 PM
Everyone start a Wal-mart thread and watch FaninAma go spastic trying to post a b!tch-rant in all of them. ;) :D

If you think China engages in fair trade practices that benefit this country then by all means shop at the store that functions as one of the biggest frontmen for China's products.

Sorry to continue ranting....carry on.

Sooner_Bob
2/21/2007, 09:19 PM
Besides, have you people ever just sat in your car waiting on your wife to go grab a few things at Wallyworld and watched people in the parking lot?

That's some quality entertainment right there.

OUinFLA
2/21/2007, 09:39 PM
lets be fair

not EVERYTHING sold at walmart is made in china...

like milk.

Mongo
2/21/2007, 09:47 PM
rike mirk.

you are wrong

2/21/2007, 09:49 PM
in this case, the better mousetrap being an even bigger place to buy Khazakstani goods that would make the Chinese stuff look high quality for a Nickel cheaper?Hey if people want to buy that stuff, what's the problem? You gonna tell them what and where to buy?

Vaevictis
2/21/2007, 09:52 PM
can anybody tell me if a cashier at wal-mart makes more or less than the cashier at kroger?

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/08/01/biz_groceryunion25.html

When it comes to wages, Kroger pays its non-management workers between $11 and $14 an hour, while Wal-Mart's national average is $9.64 - nearly 40 percent less than Kroger.

That's as of 2004, apparently. Not just cashiers, but maybe useful. Krogers is apparently unionized in a lot of places though.

tommieharris91
2/21/2007, 09:57 PM
If you think China engages in fair trade practices that benefit this country then by all means shop at the store that functions as one of the biggest frontmen for China's products.

China should really focus on what's best for China. If that involves China lowballing US companies, then that is what works for them and the US companies should stop trading with them. They'll figure it out. If they don't, they lose power.

tommieharris91
2/21/2007, 09:58 PM
Besides, have you people ever just sat in your car waiting on your wife to go grab a few things at Wallyworld and watched people in the parking lot?

That's some quality entertainment right there.

Go to a Wal-Mart at around 1:00am. It's pretty good.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2007, 10:22 PM
I know two guys that are 32ish and 28 and they both worked at the Wal-Marts in HS and college and then after college. Each is a store manager and they both make six figures. What if they had worked at a mom and pop store instead of Wal Mart? Do you think a mom and pop store would pay them that much to run one of their stores?

Sooner_Bob
2/21/2007, 11:10 PM
Go to a Wal-Mart at around 1:00am. It's pretty good.

The last time I did that the place was packed.

OUinFLA
2/21/2007, 11:11 PM
you are wrong

like, that's new?

Scott D
2/22/2007, 02:07 PM

Ahh so now it comes clear. Your dislike of Wal-Mart is your belief that it's a front for the PRC invasion and takeover of the United States.

FaninAma
2/22/2007, 02:56 PM
Ahh so now it comes clear. Your dislike of Wal-Mart is your belief that it's a front for the PRC invasion and takeover of the United States.

One of the reasons. But basically I view Walmart as a giant cockroach that acts and behaves like cockroaches do all over the world.