PDA

View Full Version : HS Reunion Planning

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2007, 02:26 AM
I have been kind of half-heartedly asked to help with the planning of our 10 year reunion.

What all goes on and how many days is a reunion? Do we need events for Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday night?

I know that most classes in the past have rented the Elk's Lodge on Saturday night and had a DJ. The lame asses that graduated in 96 didn't have one, should we invite them?

How do we pay for the shindig?

How do we locate everyone? Should I stop by the HS and ask someone there?

soonerboomer93
2/20/2007, 02:33 AM
no clue, I was a lame *** and didn't go to mine

don't even know if I got an invite, didn't really care

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2007, 02:37 AM
I'm thinking it shouldn't be too difficult to find everyone. In my hometown the lucky get out and the fortunate stay out. Most didn't make it out and if they did they didn't go too far.

soonerboomer93
2/20/2007, 02:47 AM
I would check with the HS and see what they say

Either that, or just quit and tell them you found a new job :D

Okla-homey
2/20/2007, 06:13 AM
Ten years since HS graduation probably rates a one Saturday evening dealio at some hotel; meal and a "party." Find three women from your class who still look decent and get them to organize it. They will work hard because they want people to show up and think to themselves, "my, my...Mary Sue still looks good." You be in charge of the budget. Make people pay up front.

After the rubber chicken dinner, get a DJ to play the hits of 1995-97, and have somebody scan in some pictures from you HS senior yearbook and then randomly project them on a screen during the party. You'll know its over when most of the people have either left or passed out.

If you really want to go all out, you could have a golf tournament the morning of the thing.

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2007, 06:20 AM
Ten years since HS graduation probably rates a one Saturday evening dealio at some hotel; meal and a "party." Find three women from your class who still look decent and get them to organize it. They will work hard because they want people to show up and think to themselves, "my, my...Mary Sue still looks good." You be in charge of the budget. Make people pay up front.

After the rubber chicken dinner, get a DJ to play the hits of 1995-97, and have somebody scan in some pictures from you HS senior yearbook and then randomly project them on a screen during the party. You'll know its over when most of the people have either left or passed out.

If you really want to go all out, you could have a golf tournament the morning of the thing.

thanks.

AlbqSooner
2/20/2007, 07:35 AM
My 10 year reunion they took pics from the HS yearbook and put them on name tags. Another thing they did was hand out name tags at the 7:00 start but tell you not to put it on until 8:30. Amazing how many you DON'T recognize right away.

Okla-homey
2/20/2007, 07:42 AM
The hardest part might be locating people. As mobile as our society has become, lots of folks will have moved away and you may not be able to find them easily.

Widescreen
2/20/2007, 08:59 AM
We had a reunion last summer. One suggestion I have is to make sure the band isn't too loud. That was the #1 complaint I heard - not because it hurt our ears or anything (we're not THAT old :D) - it's because we had to shout to talk.

Also, I set up a website for the reunion with a main page that showed the current announcements and the names of people we were missing contact info on. It also had a message board so people could start communicating with each other 3 months before the event.

We had a typical party on Friday night (it was held at the Tulsa aquarium for you Tulsa-types) and then a cookout Saturday at Helmerich Park on the river.

sooneron
2/20/2007, 09:07 AM
For our 10 year, we had a mixer/class pic on Fri. A golf tourney/picnic on Sat and a party at Remington w/ dj on Sat night.

I agree with Homey's suggestions.

Charge about 150-200 bones a person or 250 a couple. IF you have that many people or that many activities.

C&CDean
2/20/2007, 09:28 AM
At my ex-wife's 10-year reunion (I was in the same class, I just never graduated) we all sat in the bathroom of the Holiday Inn and snorted coke. Cause it was cool back then and it wasn't addictive or anything. I don't remember what else we did.

sooneron
2/20/2007, 09:36 AM
Somehow, I knew :dean: was going to weigh in on this one and, sure enough, he threw a curve.

Widescreen
2/20/2007, 10:19 AM
At my ex-wife's 10-year reunion (I was in the same class, I just never graduated) we all sat in the bathroom of the Holiday Inn and snorted coke. Cause it was cool back then and it wasn't addictive or anything. I don't remember what else we did.
This thread probably should've ended with this.

crawfish
2/20/2007, 10:25 AM
I get a card, once a month, from Norman High asking me to call them to give updated information.

The only reason I'd call them is to say "stop mailing me, you idiots".