PDA

View Full Version : Experienced something strange today...

Melo
2/19/2007, 07:26 PM
So I was working the first window at work- taking orders, taking money, giving change, etc etc. I work at Jack in the box (Now, before you laugh - they gave me ALL the hours I wanted and they pay me a decent bit over minimum wage - I think its because I can speak fluent English :rolleyes: ).

It was about 7:30-ish, and I see a truck come through. I take the mans order, and watch as he pulls up to the first window. He stops about halfway, rolls down the window, and blows out a HUGE cloud of smoke. I thought i was odd, but didnt think a lot on it. He gets up to the front window, rolls down his window, and this this huge wave of pot stench rolls over me. The guy looked like he had been up all night with about 27 different drugs. The guy looks BAD. Wierd, but alright.

So anyways - two younger Hispanic men come through the drive-through and order a few things. They come to the first window and give me their money. I get their change real quick, open the window to hand it out to them, and the driver is sitting there with his cigar wrapper, rolling a blunt. Now, I thought it was funny, so I kind of laughed and said 'You know, youre the SECOND car to come through to have done that today...' and he smiled and asked me if I wanted to smoke with him. I refused, laughed, told him to have a good day, etc, then ran to the front to help with some other orders.

My manager asks me to work the second window for a moment or two, so I turn around and who is there? The two Hispanic guys. I open the window, hand them their drinks, and tell them their food is cooking, and that if they could park in the front, someone would bring their food out to them. He smiles, said okay, then told me to make sure I brought my phone number out with his food. So, got his food together, and took it out to him. He asks me when he can come pick me up from work. I laughed, told him I couldnt do that, to which he stated that I had a boyfriend. I said that Yes, I do, and handed him his food, and asked him if he needed anything else. He then said 'Sure I do. Just let me know when you break up with your boyfriend.'

Now, I've been hit on at work, before. And a lot of the older men call me 'sweetheart', 'honey' and 'babe'. I even had an older, obviously married man, with wife in car, wink at me about 8 times in about 4 minutes. I just havent been offered weed or been hit on so hardcore.

That is all.

Vaevictis
2/19/2007, 07:30 PM
<obligatory>Would you like fries with that?</obligatory>

Rogue
2/19/2007, 07:31 PM
Enjoy the ego boosts while you're young and pretty, my pretty.

yermom
2/19/2007, 07:33 PM
Jack in the Box was your new career path???

;)

OUinFLA
2/19/2007, 07:37 PM
Well, we know for sure it wasn't SicEm. Too confident.
Or maybe..........did they whine about their ex while asking you out?

Melo
2/19/2007, 08:03 PM
Jack in the Box was your new career path???

;)

Shush! Its not my career path. Its the job I keep for a month or two while I make enough money to leave here.

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2007, 08:07 PM
Shush! Its not my career path. Its the job I keep for a month or two while I make enough money to leave here.
That's what they all say. Next thing you know it's 15 years later and you're still jockeying for that store manager position.

walkoffsooner
2/19/2007, 08:10 PM
love the tacos

Melo
2/19/2007, 08:14 PM
That's what they all say. Next thing you know it's 15 years later and you're still jockeying for that store manager position.

So you think youll still be waiting by the phone 15 years from now waiting on a phone call from the ex?

Please. I want (very badly) to go back to school. Applying everywhere, getting transcripts and what-not all taken care of. There is no way I will be working at jack in the crack for 15 years. I have higher ambitions in life than that.

Why cant I post something without it being said that I'm not going anywhere with what I'm doing?

Widescreen
2/19/2007, 08:16 PM
That was a real nice post, sweetheart honey-babe.

Melo
2/19/2007, 08:17 PM
You forgot to wink.

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/19/2007, 08:21 PM
i wish there was a jack in the box in mcalester

walkoffsooner
2/19/2007, 08:23 PM
is Durant the only town that has one in Okla?

Vaevictis
2/19/2007, 08:39 PM
Why cant I post something without it being said that I'm not going anywhere with what I'm doing?

Probably because you always take the bait.

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2007, 08:45 PM
Probably because you always take the bait.
Probably for the same reason that I can't say anything without being called ghey or ball-less.

OUinFLA
2/19/2007, 08:47 PM
Probably for the same reason that I can't say anything without being called ghey or ball-less.

but, but, but............we're teasing Milo.

olevetonahill
2/19/2007, 08:52 PM
Thats what you 2 have in common ,

StoopTroup
2/19/2007, 08:53 PM
Some people think clowns are scary....

Jack in the Box scares the heck outta me.

Melo
2/19/2007, 08:59 PM
Thats what you 2 have in common ,

I'm pretty sure I have a lot more balls than SicEm...

LilSooner
2/19/2007, 09:00 PM
Rhino would kill for a jack in the box to come to Norman.

KILL I say!

He loves him some eggrolls.

Octavian
2/19/2007, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I have balls..

you shoulda told the messicans that

Melo
2/19/2007, 09:03 PM
Rhino would kill for a jack in the box to come to Norman.

KILL I say!

He loves him some eggrolls.

So long as he doesnt care whats IN the eggrolls...

Melo
2/19/2007, 09:04 PM
you shoulda told the messicans that

They might have liked that... :O

Octavian
2/19/2007, 09:06 PM
They might have liked that... :O

you could always disprove that claim ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2007, 09:09 PM
My mom loves their tacos.

Vaevictis
2/19/2007, 09:09 PM
So long as he doesnt care whats IN the eggrolls...

Rule #1 of eating at a restaurant: If you like it, don't ask what's in it.

SoonerAtKU
2/20/2007, 09:05 AM
Dude, those potato wedges with the bacon and cheese? Righteous.

KABOOKIE
2/20/2007, 09:11 AM
<----------------------You sure you weren't flashing him?

C&CDean
2/20/2007, 09:24 AM
There are Jack's in Ada and Ardmore.

They had them in Tucson way back in the late 60's, early 70's. Most people don't know this, but they used to be the ONLY drive through joint. Their commercials were pretty good too.

We had one by our high school. We all thought we were pretty cool driving through the Jack ordering "one boner jack, one crack fry, and one jack-off cola." I remember doing that once and when I took a bite of my burger I damn near broke my tooth on an inch-and-a-quarter wood screw. Having already worked in a pizza joint, I really did know better than to **** with somebody who's preparing my food.

Anyhow, glad to see you're working Melo. And don't pay too much into the guys hitting on you. Men are pretty much pigs.

crawfish
2/20/2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.shadowculture.com/wtbr/gif/artistpoet.gif

;)

Oldnslo
2/20/2007, 10:49 AM
It's the bewbs.

n8v_ndn
2/20/2007, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Cheeseburger with an old fashioned shake....thank you Jack!!!

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2007, 01:19 PM
i'm in the hunt for a very good job with jack in the box right now.......

i also know a lady that started working for j in the b as a teenager and now manages about 20 stores down in that area

Pricetag
2/20/2007, 02:00 PM
Marijuana is a helluva drug.

Tear Down This Wall
2/20/2007, 04:17 PM
Dudes, it's like this...don't crack on people for working, no matter what they do.

Everyday, I drive past a 7-11 with 30-40 Mexicans loitering around outside waiting for some work crew to pick them up. When I get to the corner near the office, there are always these two white guys with their "I'm Homeless" signs out. Everyday.

And, everyday, I think to myself, 'Why don't those two dudes go stand around with the Mexicans and get on a work crew?' There's also a Jack-in-the-Box, Subway, McDonalds, three hotels, and two gas stations within a quarter mile in every direction of this intersection. Surely, the two dudes could go do something somewhere besides stand around with a damn sign.

Anyway, I spent time sacking groceries, working stock rooms, and slinging pizzas as a kid and young adult going through high school and college. There's nothing wrong with working at Jack In The Box. Give some credit to Melo, fellas, m'kay.

Beef
2/20/2007, 04:22 PM
Working minimum wage pays a lot less than begging.