PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fuente.

Petro-Sooner
2/19/2007, 12:56 PM
They mentioned on the animal this morning that he is coaching but I never caught where. Anyone know?

Frozen Sooner
2/19/2007, 12:57 PM
Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?q=Justin+Fuente&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox)

PAW
2/19/2007, 12:58 PM
FORT WORTH, Texas -- The TCU football program has announced the hiring of Justin Fuente as running backs coach.

Fuente fills an opening on the TCU staff created when quarterbacks coach Dick Winder announced his retirement after five seasons with the Horned Frogs and 41 years in the coaching profession. TCU offensive coordinator Mike Schultz will switch from running backs coach to quarterbacks coach.

Fuente comes to TCU after spending the last six seasons as quarterbacks coach at Illinois State. The past three years saw him double as the Redbirds' offensive coordinator.

Fuente played two seasons (1996-97) at Oklahoma under Winder. At the time, Winder was the Sooners' offensive coordinator. Fuente set an Oklahoma freshman record with 11 touchdown passes. He then transferred to Murray State for his final two years of eligibility.

Fuente set 11 school records at Murray State, including total offense and passing yards in a game and season. He was the Ohio Valley Conference Offensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, given annually to the nation's top player in Division I-AA.

Under Fuente's direction, Illinois State ranked in the top 10 nationally in total offense the last two seasons. The Redbirds placed eighth in 2006 with an average of 397.5 yards per game after ranking fifth in both total offense (477.6 yards) and scoring (39.2 points) in 2005.

Fuente coached Redbird quarterback Luke Drone to first-team All-Gateway Conference honors as he led the league in passing (227.8 yards) and total offense (231.6 yards). Running back Pierre Rembert set an Illinois State single-season record while ranking sixth nationally in rushing with 1,743 yards (134.1 per game).

Following his collegiate career, Fuente played professionally with the Oklahoma Wranglers in the Arena League. A 1999 graduate of Murray State, Fuente is a native of Tulsa, Okla.

Fuente's wife, Jenny, was the associate head coach for the Illinois State volleyball team.

Widescreen
2/19/2007, 01:01 PM
Always good to hear an ex-Sooner doing well.

Seamus
2/19/2007, 02:17 PM
Is Dustin Foointez a friend of the web mater?

The_Red_Patriot
2/20/2007, 09:53 AM
I remember when Dick Winder Coached at OU.........

While Fuente was the QB.........

Under Blake...........

Wow!:eek:

stoopified
2/21/2007, 10:32 AM
Always good to hear an ex-Sooner doing well.
Its a shame he couldn't play for Stoops instead of THOSE OTHER GUYS.

sooner94
2/21/2007, 11:35 AM
Its a shame he couldn't play for Stoops instead of THOSE OTHER GUYS.

Yeah, I feel bad for guys like Kelly Greg, Demond Parker and Fuente for having a bad coaching staff get in their way. Buddy Lee has had a good NFL career. Parker and Fuente would have had a better chance at the NFL if they played for a guy like Stoops.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/21/2007, 05:39 PM
I had a grad class with Justin when he was playing for the Wranglers. I told him that when Blake came to town he got screwed.

He just laughed and said "thanks."