PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

OUDoc
2/19/2007, 10:43 AM
Why?

Why would I want to pay $160+ to upgrade? Every time MS comes out with a new OS, I wonder why they charge so much. Is there really anything I need in Vista?

Widescreen
2/19/2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sticking with XP. I've got a few devices that don't have drivers for Vista (and may not ever). I used to geek out over new OS's (I even rushed out and bought Millennium :rolleyes:). I just don't see anything compelling in there that would make me form over any money.

OCUDad
2/19/2007, 10:47 AM
Vista is a security upgrade posing as a new OS. Most user-visible Vista changes are cosmetic. The question isn't so much what you need in Vista as whether in a couple of years you'll be able to get support for anything else. I still recommend waiting for the inevitable Service Pack 1 before upgrading.

Oh, and they've already found security holes in Vista...

crawfish
2/19/2007, 10:49 AM
No good reason to go Vista yet.

yermom
2/19/2007, 11:03 AM
yeah, i guess i'll be waiting for SP1 as well

i probably should start getting to know the differences though... not like i used to need to, man i'm glad i don't answer phones anymore :D

Vaevictis
2/19/2007, 11:06 AM
And if you're not ready to suffer the learning curve of a major UI overhaul, don't get Office 2007.

Partial Qualifier
2/19/2007, 11:35 AM
yeah, i guess i'll be waiting for SP1 as well

i probably should start getting to know the differences though... not like i used to need to, man i'm glad i don't answer phones anymore :D

yah what's the deal? I call and call, but you never answer ;)

yermom
2/19/2007, 11:36 AM
well, i still answer phones, but not as many people have the number :D

Flagstaffsooner
2/19/2007, 11:47 AM
I'll be damned if I put something on my computer that was called longwhorn during development.

soonerinabilene
2/19/2007, 01:59 PM
i got a new gateway from best buy a couple of weeks ago that has vista on it. the new windows media center is awesome, but games that were made for xp like medal of honor and tiger woods kind of drag on it. and good luck finding an all in one printer that is completely compatible with it. the printer will work, but so far no patch to let the scanner part of it install.

slickdawg
2/19/2007, 02:52 PM
It's the free gift for sponsorhip!