PDA

View Full Version : Number four: best Non-conference game of 2007

goingoneight
2/18/2007, 11:33 PM
Miami at OU... according to College Football News.

I really don't know anything outside their top 10, but I can agree that this will be a showdown. Good thing is, we're reloading at QB on OUr home field this season, we'll be loaded altogether as a team going into the Orange Bowl when we visit them.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/619731.html

CrimsonChampion
2/19/2007, 12:12 AM

I really don't know anything outside their top 10, but I can agree that this will be a showdown. Good thing is, we're reloading at QB on OUr home field this season, we'll be loaded altogether as a team going into the Orange Bowl when we visit them.

Whew!! I'm gonna be a wreck when it's gametime for this one. I was 7 years old in 1987, that was the first bowl game I watched and really knew what was going on. NC game in Miami, on there own home field. I remember it being so loud we were having a hard time making the checks at the line. My dad was going off!! Since that day Miami has been an enemy, and now we get them in NORMAN. I expect to win that game, a loss in completely unacceptable.

Big Red Ron
2/19/2007, 12:13 AM
Good thing is, we're reloading at QB on OUr home field this season
http://cfn.scout.com/2/619731.html That's what Troy Aikman was thinking the last time the canes came to town.;)

goingoneight
2/19/2007, 12:22 AM
What ever happened to that there Troy Aikman anyhow? :D

soonerloyal
2/19/2007, 02:37 AM
11. Oklahoma State at Georgia, Sept. 1
Shhhhh. Oklahoma State has the potential to be one of the nation's biggest sleepers.

Shhhhh, dont wake the sleeping giant. ;)

goingoneight
2/19/2007, 02:39 AM
Sleeper as in boring? :confused:

sooneron
2/19/2007, 08:40 AM
Whew!! I'm gonna be a wreck when it's gametime for this one. I was 7 years old in 1987, that was the first bowl game I watched and really knew what was going on. NC game in Miami, on there own home field. I remember it being so loud we were having a hard time making the checks at the line. My dad was going off!! Since that day Miami has been an enemy, and now we get them in NORMAN. I expect to win that game, a loss in completely unacceptable.
That was the 88 OB, YWIA. youngster:D

yermom
2/19/2007, 08:46 AM
it was the 87 season though

man, that was my first experience with Miami as well, i still hate them

we need to kick their asses this year, glad to see them coming here

H8HOGS
2/19/2007, 10:07 AM

Miami will be loaded also. Look at their depth chart. There were games late in the year when 4 true freshman were starting.

AlbqSooner
2/19/2007, 10:20 AM
That's what Troy Aikman was thinking the last time the canes came to town.;)
Up until his injury Aikman was essentially matching Testaverde stat for stat in what would turn out to be Vinny's career best day.

SoonerInHouston
2/19/2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, I didn't realize just how good Michigan thinks they really are... they scheduled to play both Oregon and Notre Dame both on Sept 15, but at least they were smart enough to make both home games.... :D

melbitoast
2/19/2007, 01:22 PM
Well I guess that means we won't get Gameday if LSU/VT is dubbed the best non-conf. Dang it. Here's to hoping we get it back in Dallas again!

NormanPride
2/19/2007, 01:28 PM
Miami will be loaded also. Look at their depth chart. There were games late in the year when 4 true freshman were starting.

Yeah, and they were terrible.

snp
2/19/2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, and they were terrible.

But those 4 youngsters helped Miami prevail over mighty Nevada!

Same story with Miami - great defense, awful offense.

H8HOGS
2/19/2007, 04:38 PM
But those 4 youngsters helped Miami prevail over mighty Nevada!

Same story with Miami - great defense, awful offense.

James will be a great back just like his cousin and Shields will be a great WR.

The trade with Alabama for Marve was a huge improvement and he may very well start this year at QB.

snp
2/19/2007, 06:25 PM
A true freshman QB is always a safe bet when paired with a terrible offensive line.

H8HOGS
2/19/2007, 06:42 PM
A true freshman QB is always a safe bet when paired with a terrible offensive line.

OL will be better this year only 1 SR left and 1starter was a true FR. last year. And honestly could any QB be worse than Freeman and Wright?

Big Red Ron
2/19/2007, 11:32 PM
OU should be favored by 10 points.

snp
2/19/2007, 11:41 PM
OL will be better this year only 1 SR left and 1starter was a true FR. last year. And honestly could any QB be worse than Freeman and Wright?

Can't polish a turd. Cane fans aren't too thrilled about their OL.

And honestly, what are you talking about. Freeman and Wright were both more highly touted and have way more experience than a true freshman.