PDA

View Full Version : So like Totally

BoogercountySooner
2/18/2007, 08:08 AM
I got a call from My sister Sat. AM my DAD's not doing to good. SHe says to get over here pronto. Me and the daughter load up and move donkeys {Thats haul A$$ in a nice way} over to check on dad. After a 5 1/2 hour drive we get to Norman Municipal and the tough old dude is snapping out of it and doin better. We stay up there for a few hours and dinner time rolls around. My sis says lets get sumpin to eat. We go to try out the new Mexican place thats in the Old Dairie Queen building but it's packed. IB4OU2 says lets go to the Boarder Crossing. I reflect back to my years I have lived in Norman and the good food and beverage I had at the Border crossing years ago and say cool lets do it.

We arrive at the Border Crossing and get seated then our waiter shows up and he talks just like Spicoli from Fast times at Ridgemont high. he's like Totally sayin Totally after every sentence that he says. He gets our order all wrong and brings me out the wrong thing. I say I don't want the special I want the Shrimp Enchilada's. He says it will be out real quick like totally. I say if it's not totally then what will it be and he says Heh, then walks off. He comes back in a few and says if it's not like totally then it's like partial dude.

Anyways dads doin better and the sevice at Border Crossing Like totally suck's.

Just sayin

SoonerBorn68
2/18/2007, 08:20 AM
Glad pops is doing better.

Yeah BC sucked last time I ate there...it's off my list now. Mrs. '68 & the kids came down to see me this weekend. We went to the "only" resteraunt in town. Yeah they were busy but come on waitress, those missed refills of tea cost you about $5.

Rogue
2/18/2007, 08:29 AM
Glad your Dad is rallying.

Good service is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
I worked in restaurants for years and the server gets the benefit and the bad that comes from every person behind the scenes from the dishwasher to the cooks, bartenders, and bussers. A great server can overcome some of that, but none can overcome all of it if there are several weak links.