PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this all about?(Orange Power Nonsense)

setem
2/17/2007, 10:42 PM
As some of you may know I like to snoop in on the Orange Power board every now and again. This is what I came back with this time!

Little Bro vs. Big Bro

"My father was a big sports fan, who through his work had company tickets to all the OU football games throughout the 50's and into the 60's. I grew up as a big OU football fan as young boy, thinking they were never going to lose. Well they finally did and I remember that it took me a long time to get over it. The concern for OU winning football games ended when I went to college, and it has never returned.

But I remember going to the OU games with my Dad, who is now no longer with us, and the public address announcer would periodically give us the scores with the time left in other games. When the OSU score was given and they where ahead in their game, everyone would clap politely. When they were behind everyone was sad. That was because Big Brother and Little Brother were young in this football competition thing back then. As long as Big Bro was kicking Little Bro’s *** all the time, it is was OK to be polite.

That all has certainly changed. Why? Well, Little Bro was better than Big Bro in the skilled sports and Little Bro always resented his Big Bro throwing his weight around in football. Big Bro and Little Bro have grown up now and Little Bro is about as big as Big Bro. Big Bro also realizes that Little Bro can give him a bloody nose in football too, if he really gets mad. But the biggest factor that has changed over the years is that there is money on the table, really big money and it’s not just in football anymore. Little Bro knows it and so does Big Bro. This story is basically no different throughout the land, even in Texas where the same colors clash.

I wonder if OU still gives out the Slippery Rock score. They thought that was really funny to do that."

Did they really just say that OSU is as big a OU? Just about the only catagory they beat us in is "Men rolling around on the floor" am I not right?

Those guys are such kidders!

Ground_Attack
2/17/2007, 11:12 PM
not only that, but he just compared OUr colors to the Aggies of Texas!!! Blasphemy! :rcmad:

85sooners
2/18/2007, 12:32 AM
queers!

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/18/2007, 12:45 AM
Well, I am not 100% certain but I believe that OU has won the ****** bell for quite some time now, and that accounts for all sports, not just football

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/18/2007, 12:47 AM
P.S

aggie likes to make themselves feel better from time to time by making threads about how they are on the rise and to "WATCH OUT FOR US"

Nothing new really, delusional as always

stoopified
2/18/2007, 11:47 AM
P.S

aggie likes to make themselves feel better from time to time by making threads about how they are on the rise and to "WATCH OUT FOR US"

Nothing new really, delusional as alwaysTrue dat.

Soonerus
2/18/2007, 12:57 PM
Sometimes little bro is messed up....

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/18/2007, 01:09 PM
Sometimes little bro is messed up and has to wear a helmet at the dinner table....

Fixed. ;)

opksooner
2/18/2007, 01:22 PM
I definitely miss the Slippery Rock scores.

The other "relationship" ...............not so much

oufan1
2/18/2007, 02:14 PM
P.S

Nothing new really, delusional as always
Exactly they have ALWAYS been about to pass us up in football. What idiots!

And in basketball they act like they are Duke or something... I never thought of OSU as a dominant basketball team until an idiot aggie at work told me they were one.

MamaMia
2/18/2007, 04:33 PM
That all has certainly changed. Why? Well, Little Bro was better than Big Bro in the skilled sports and Little Bro always resented his Big Bro throwing his weight around in football. Big Bro and Little Bro have grown up now and Little Bro is about as big as Big Bro. Big Bro also realizes that Little Bro can give him a bloody nose in football too, if he really gets mad. Ha! This poke has been getting way too close to the cow patty fumes.
I don't think of osu as a little bro; more like an extremely annoying neighbor, who wouldn't know the truth if it was written across his barn door.

CrimsonChampion
2/18/2007, 04:33 PM
That's hilarious, and sad at the same time. Those turds have to write a story convincing themselves that they are half the program we are.

If we wanted to, we could spend less on football and worry about "men rolling around with each other in tights" and other of the smaller sports, but who cares about that crap? It's the 85,000 that fill the stadium and live and die Oklahoma football that matters. OH and yea, they can maybe bloody our nose in football, if you consider winning what, 16 buttlam games against us? Out of like a 100? I know my buttlam stats aren't right on point because OU has bigger fish to fry.

I can't believe I've submitted another opinion of mine toward those pukes. I promised myself I wouldn't waste my time on that mess.

tommieharris91
2/18/2007, 04:45 PM
It would sure be nice if we could show up to basketball games as well. We kinda own them at that too. It's funny because they don't realize that OU has a 40-game lead all time against okie state in men's basketball as well, yet they think they're the power.

sooner518
2/18/2007, 06:07 PM
2000+ empty seats at Gallagher Iba yesterday according to the DO. I thought that was funny

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/18/2007, 07:46 PM
aggie is as aggie does

tommieharris91
2/18/2007, 07:49 PM
2000+ empty seats at Gallagher Iba yesterday according to the DO. I thought that was funny

About as funny as 3000+ empty seats/atm fans at Lloyd Noble yesterday.

walkoffsooner
2/18/2007, 09:12 PM
Let them have all they got, pathetic little stories about one or two games in there lives. Its sad, we should treat them like special people. Pat one on the back when you get a chance, tell them that you are sorry for the lot in life that they drew.

blackbeauty02
2/18/2007, 09:18 PM
just b/c your little brother puts on his $hit kickers doesn't mean his going to kick some $hit out of you.

setem
2/18/2007, 10:17 PM
I really liked the part about "money" being on the table!

If you throw money at ****. When it is all said and done, all you have is a multi-million dollar turd! There is no amount of money that is going to turn that program around. I would not be superized to see "little brother" get into some trouble for recruiting violations. They are always talking about how we have the "best players money can buy".

One thing that ****es me off more than anything, are people who say you can't be a fan of a university that you never went to. If that were the case!!! There would be like 10,000 fans at OU games and about 30 at OSU games.

I want to fist fight now!

soonerboomer93
2/18/2007, 10:49 PM

If you throw money at ****. When it is all said and done, all you have is a multi-million dollar turd! There is no amount of money that is going to turn that program around. I would not be superized to see "little brother" get into some trouble for recruiting violations. They are always talking about how we have the "best players money can buy".

One thing that ****es me off more than anything, are people who say you can't be a fan of a university that you never went to. If that were the case!!! There would be like 10,000 fans at OU games and about 30 at OSU games.

quiet bandwagoneer, wanna be fan

:pop:

Ground_Attack
2/18/2007, 10:58 PM
I'm still amazed that Aggies think that OU fans are the redneck hillbillies. Stoolwater must be full of yuppie metrosexuals or something.

goingoneight
2/18/2007, 11:06 PM
Ha! This poke has been getting way too close to the cow patty fumes.
I don't think of osu as a little bro; more like an extremely annoying neighbor, who wouldn't know the truth if it was written across his barn door.

But remember, you have to get them mad first. :D Kinda difficult when we're not rivals, eh?

goingoneight
2/18/2007, 11:08 PM
About as funny as 3000+ empty seats/atm fans at Lloyd Noble yesterday.

What about the 20,000+ empty seats at Booger Pickin' Stadium on homecoming every year? Now that right thurrrr is funny. :D

goingoneight
2/18/2007, 11:16 PM

I've never hated the "fans" because they are the lifeblood of the team. I went to OU in Norman then in Tulsa, but I never pulle the "gotta go there" card. From time to time, when I see someone dressed in hunting camo or something of the sort, or someone who looks like they haven't showered in a year in better seats than me, yeah... I get a lil' irritated, but I let it go since I know those seats had to be paid for somehow. Or at times I see someone like a prisoner picking up trash or someone gettting arrested wearing OU stuff... but hey, I see just as many Tejas, Okie Light and Neuter Dame stuff on those people, so it's no biggie. I can tell you that because of school pride, and because of my many relatives who are students or alumni, I wouldn't wear an OU hat if I were planning on doing something stupid or illegal.

tommieharris91
2/19/2007, 01:18 AM
What about the 20,000+ empty seats at Booger Pickin' Stadium on homecoming every year? Now that right thurrrr is funny. :D

It will only be better in the coming years when they have 40,000+ empty seats for their homecoming after they finish their stadium.

goingoneight
2/19/2007, 02:41 AM
It will only be better in the coming years when they have 40,000+ empty seats for their homecoming after they finish their stadium.

You Must Regain your greenspek before giving any to tommieharris91 again.

:D Nice touch, though.

tommieharris91
2/19/2007, 03:18 AM
You've heard they're raising their ticket prices again, right?

setem
2/19/2007, 09:32 AM
You've heard they're raising their ticket prices again, right?

Why anyone would want to watch those queers play football. Let alone pay to watch them play football!

Pricetag
2/19/2007, 11:09 AM
I would not be superized to see "little brother" get into some trouble for recruiting violations.
It's only a matter of time, IMO. There is way too much money flowing in there. If the kind of success they're looking for doesn't come quickly, the pressure will be too much, and they will cheat. I just hope they get busted before they actually win anything.

tommieharris91
2/19/2007, 01:45 PM
It's only a matter of time, IMO. There is way too much money flowing in there. If the kind of success they're looking for doesn't come quickly, the pressure will be too much, and they will cheat. I just hope they get busted before they actually win anything.

What makes you think they're gonna win anything?

mdklatt
2/19/2007, 02:04 PM
What makes you think they're gonna win anything?

No kidding. They cheated in the 80's, had Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders, and still didn't win anything.

mdklatt
2/19/2007, 02:05 PM
n/m

Mixer!
2/19/2007, 03:32 PM
I'm still amazed that Aggies think that OU fans are the redneck hillbillies. Stoolwater must be full of yuppie metrosexuals or something.
Blame Callahan for the first part. As to the second part, they only wish they were as refined as Lid.
;)

SoonerJLB
2/19/2007, 07:44 PM
maybe a little sis, step sis or female cousin.

rufnek05
2/19/2007, 08:37 PM
i think "little brother" has been sniffing paint again, or the extra wide markers that he got for christmas

tommieharris91
2/19/2007, 09:03 PM
The Animal just had a caller that said oSu would compete for the Big 12 South this year. I don't think he realized they have to play @OU.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/19/2007, 09:05 PM
The Animal just had a caller that said oSu would compete for the Big 12 South this year. I don't think he realized they have to play football this year

fixed...

mdklatt
2/19/2007, 09:22 PM
The Animal just had a caller that said oSu would compete in the Big 12 South this year.

Can't argue with that....

tommieharris91
2/19/2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=33339

Point and laugh.

Vaevictis
2/19/2007, 09:45 PM

Clearly, the apex of culture. ANSI 2253: Meat Animal and Carcass Evaluation. ANSI 4643: Swine Science. ANSI 4553: Sheep Science.

(I'm not making this up.)

insuranceman_22
2/19/2007, 11:45 PM
Or we could just come out and say it openly, the pokes have just pretty much been OUr bitch's for the last century or so.......orange power my ***!

setem
2/20/2007, 01:31 AM
Can't argue with that....

They are in the Big XII South and all...I am just saying!:D

goingoneight
2/20/2007, 01:47 AM
Well, if this team considers a 6-6 season a success, beating a coachless program in a toilet bowl game... I don't think they'll be shooting for champeenships anytime soon.

Although I am curious to see why in the world Beckman left a team competing for National Championships to be a DC at Okie Light. Must be ponying up the dough these days for what they want.

The_Red_Patriot
2/20/2007, 11:20 AM

Kinda.

They have way more hot women than Norman though.

It sucks but the truth hurts.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/20/2007, 11:47 AM
Kinda.

I disagree, there may be more in a smaller concentrated area but not more

setem
2/20/2007, 12:20 PM
In the amount of hot girls on Spirit squads...I would have to go with OSU...they have some banging *** ladies!

Big Red Ron
2/20/2007, 04:20 PM
Kinda.

It sucks but the truth hurts.This is flat out wrong. Stillwater has less hotties in quantity and in quality. That town is crap and anyone who would choose to live there is trashy to some degree.

Mixer!
2/20/2007, 06:35 PM
:rcmad:gee...thanks.

tommieharris91
2/20/2007, 06:50 PM
Kinda.

OU has more students and a better girl/guy ratio than oSu. Last I heard.

AzianSooner
2/20/2007, 07:11 PM
little dog will have its bite once in a while.

Big Red Ron
2/22/2007, 02:54 AM
:rcmad:gee...thanks.If the shoe fits, noob. ;)

Just funnin, but man hope your situation isn't so bad that you have to live there.

Nuthin personal.

:texan:

rufnek05
2/22/2007, 01:18 PM
Kinda.

dissagree. osu has hot girls, but more average girls that dress sluttly, so they appear hot. OU has more just down right hot girls. just look at Miss America from last year. HOT. and she went to OU.

Seamus
2/22/2007, 02:29 PM
OK, someone post pix of both squads, and we'll decide the matter.

(please includes some shots of the average chicks who dress slutty, too. please.)

goingoneight
2/22/2007, 11:13 PM
OK, someone post pix of both squads, and we'll decide the matter.

(please includes some shots of the average chicks who dress slutty, too. please.)

Every heard of myspace or facebook? :D

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2007, 08:48 AM
Ya'll just don't get it. The MOST popular college sport is wrasslin. If you don't believe me just go ask a choke fan. They will actually say with a straight face that they wouldn't trade their wrasslin titles for football titles:rolleyes:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2007, 09:46 AM
Sometimes little brother forgets what that last kick in the package felt like.

Honestly I like it when they have some fans think that they are on nearly equal footing as OU. It makes it all the more entertaining when they realize that they aren't.

tommieharris91
2/27/2007, 02:39 AM
Look at the aggies talking football:

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=33581&page=2

This thread may be one of the best I've evar seen. CaliforniaCowboy may be one of their greatest posters evar.

North Dakota Sooner
2/27/2007, 06:49 AM

This thread may be one of the best I've evar seen. CaliforniaCowboy may be one of their greatest posters evar.

These idiots actually think they have a real shot at winning the south...are you serious, I am going to quit reading these threads over at orangepuke, I feel dumber everytime I do.

SoonerTerry
2/27/2007, 06:58 AM

That is some great stuff..

rufnek05
2/27/2007, 03:50 PM
"1. Lets just get one thing clear. A&M beating texas was a fluke.

2. Much like when OSU goes into norman and beats uo."

that made me laugh. addmiting it is the first step towards recovery.

goingoneight
2/27/2007, 10:56 PM
Since when is Oregon and Tulsa a rivalry game? :confused: I'm seein' a lotta uo/TU references in there.