PDA

View Full Version : vacation suggestions

OUHOMER
2/17/2007, 10:39 PM
If you had a week to kill where would you go. South Mexico, NC or SC, FL, a cruise???

just FYI New Orleans and Jamica, Bagdad are OUT.

SoonerInKCMO
2/17/2007, 10:41 PM
The Hooter's in Mall of America, Bloomington, MN.

Chuck Bao
2/17/2007, 10:44 PM
Thailand. It has the best shopping malls in the world. Great beaches and unique culture and very cheap domestic flights.

SoonerStormchaser
2/17/2007, 10:46 PM
Alaska's great this time of the year!

OUHOMER
2/17/2007, 10:47 PM
Thailand. It has the best shopping malls in the world. Great beaches and unique culture and very cheap domestic flights.

You know I never thought about that, would a week be enough time? would I have to spend 4 days traveling?

OUHOMER
2/17/2007, 10:49 PM
Alaska's great this time of the year!

Dont know that the wife would be up for that. She talking about some train to San Antonio

VeeJay
2/17/2007, 11:01 PM
The Hooter's in Mall of America, Bloomington, MN.

I rode by there yesterday - but didn't actually go in MOA. What'd I miss?

SoonerInKCMO
2/17/2007, 11:07 PM
I rode by there yesterday - but didn't actually go in MOA. What'd I miss?

Same as every other mall. Just bigger.

Chuck Bao
2/17/2007, 11:13 PM
You know I never thought about that, would a week be enough time? would I have to spend 4 days traveling?

I make this trip at least twice each year and door to door is about 24 hours. So, yeah two full days are needed to travel.

Thailand is also great for medical tourism. I know lots of people who get dentristry or other health care here (no not only sex change and boobie jobs) and because it so much cheaper it actually pays for the flight over and they get to recover at a nice beach resort.

Okay, I'm not suggesting that you need densitry work or sex change or a boobie job or anything like that. But, people who don't have full insurance on these types of things should consider it as a free holiday out of the deal.

My sis and her daughter are visiting me this summer and they want to go on a jungle trek on a elephant. I'm taking them to see Angkor Wat in Cambodia and to a nice resort in Phuket. They be here only about 10 days.

GottaHavePride
2/17/2007, 11:14 PM
I'd go hit Barcelona or Madrid. You'd only be looking at a 15 hour flight or so.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/17/2007, 11:19 PM
Costa Rica is lots of fun. You can go to the Caribbean or the Pacific, San Jose has a fabulous climate, and the country is pretty much friendly to Americans. There are many places and things to see there. A week is about right.

Skysooner
2/17/2007, 11:20 PM
Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan would be good choices this time of year.

HoserSooner
2/17/2007, 11:27 PM
We just got back from the Mayan Rivera last month and would go back in an instant.

olevetonahill
2/17/2007, 11:30 PM
Dont know that the wife would be up for that. She talking about some train to San Antonio
Leave the wife at home
Go to A dam

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2007, 11:47 PM
has anyone mentioned Branson yet?

Chuck Bao
2/18/2007, 12:01 AM
has anyone mentioned Branson yet?

I've never been to Branson. Do they have like real fine lady men there? The type that you'd say I'd hit it before finding out exactly what you're hitting.

olevetonahill
2/18/2007, 12:03 AM
I've never been to Branson. Do they have like real fine lady men there? The type that you'd say I'd hit it before finding out exactly what you're hitting.
Naw Sicem never went .

soonerboomer93
2/18/2007, 07:14 AM
In July it's currently a toss up for the following

Australia (but it will be winter there)
Thailand
Phillipines (friend has a condo there and room would be free)

work covers my flight since it's a leave thing...

1stTimeCaller
2/18/2007, 07:17 AM
ever been to Nuevo Laredo?

BoogercountySooner
2/18/2007, 07:49 AM
Sante Fe New Mexico is nice you can go up to Taos for a day trip. The food is awesome and lots of Artsy stuff. Oh and the wemens that hang around there are the chit.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/18/2007, 03:36 PM
Sante Fe New Mexico is nice you can go up to Taos for a day trip. The food is awesome and lots of Artsy stuff. Oh and the wemens that hang around there are the chit.This would score major points with your wife, IMO, and enjoy nice July weather.

def_lazer_fc
2/18/2007, 06:51 PM
branson isn't a good place to visit unless either a) you're 80 or b) allergic to fun.