PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better example of poor sportsmanship than Bobby Knight?

Stoop Dawg
2/17/2007, 01:29 PM
I think not.

After Saturday's 93-91 defeat, Knight said a call on a charge was "horrendous" and "maybe as bad a call as I've ever seen."

Knight's statement violated the Big 12's principle and standards of sportsmanship, which prohibit coaches from commenting critically in public about officials, the conference said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bkc_knight_reprimand;_ylt=AskBr9gw.i2o2YC0zJWonOkk ybQF

I think what the writer really meant to say was this:

Knight's very presence violates all principles and standards of sportsmanship.

usmc-sooner
2/17/2007, 01:45 PM
he better look out, I bet Weiberg's going to nail him. :rolleyes:

cheezyq
2/17/2007, 02:21 PM
Nope. Bill Belijerk is a close 2nd, though.

King Crimson
2/17/2007, 03:04 PM
he acts like a petulant child.

SleestakSooner
2/17/2007, 03:08 PM
You know when I heard him say that I thought the same thing. If any other coach in the league had said anything remotely similar they would have been fined or suspended or something. I tire of the double standard in dealing with Knight's transgressions.

stoopified
2/18/2007, 11:35 AM
Not only is he a poor sport but the man has no respect for anything or anybody.He is without a doubt the biggest loudmouth bullly in the history of sports AND the worst possible example Of true leadership I have ever witnessed.How ANYBODY can continue to defend this sorry excuse of a man is beyond me.I hope his parents have passed on because otherwise they would be embarrased and humiliated by his public conduct.

Katherine
2/18/2007, 10:18 PM
Not only is he a poor sport but the man has no respect for anything or anybody.He is without a doubt the biggest loudmouth bullly in the history of sports AND the worst possible example Of true leadership I have ever witnessed.How ANYBODY can continue to defend this sorry excuse of a man is beyond me.I hope his parents have passed on because otherwise they would be embarrased and humiliated by his public conduct.

I don't know how Texas Tech fans still love him. Most Tech fans I know worship him and say he's the best thing ever. I'd be damn embarassed if he was my university's coach.