PDA

View Full Version : Why is Brent Musberger covering NASCAR?

royalfan5
2/17/2007, 12:10 PM
Couldn't ABC/ESPN just give us a little break from him. Is that too much ask? Also an 1:30 of prerace for a Busch race is unneccessary.

VeeJay
2/17/2007, 01:44 PM
Musberger???

Why not Dick Vitale? Hell, put Dierdorf in there.

Newbomb Turk
2/17/2007, 01:50 PM
have you seen ESPN's Daytona coverage this week. They have Brad Daugherty - the ex-basketball player - on the race team. WTF?

I guess he is from North Carolina.

royalfan5
2/17/2007, 01:52 PM
have you seen ESPN's Daytona coverage this week. They have Brad Daugherty - the ex-basketball player - on the race team. WTF?

I guess he is from North Carolina.
And drove in the truck series and owned a truck team. The guy wore 43 for Richard Petty while playing ball. He is actually pretty qualified.

Newbomb Turk
2/17/2007, 01:55 PM
And drove in the truck series and owned a truck team. The guy wore 43 for Richard Petty while playing ball. He is actually pretty qualified.

I didn't know about his past, but figured he had to have some kind of connection to NASCAR. Listening to him, he seems OK - I just thought it was kind of wierd.

Okieflyer
2/17/2007, 02:05 PM
Because they want to irritate the hell out of me that's why!!!:mad:

VeeJay
2/17/2007, 02:14 PM
I will be watching for Paris, Britney, and if we're lucky Howard K. Stern - with the baby - at the Five Hunnert.

Maybe even Kanye West and Nancy Pelosi. Those good ol' boy crowds ain't what they used to be.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/17/2007, 04:10 PM
Couldn't ABC/ESPN just give us a little break from him. Is that too much ask? Also an 1:30 of prerace for a Busch race is unneccessary.
Didn't they stick Brent hosting the World Cup soccer coverage last year when ABC/ESPN had it? Does that also mean we'll see Brent when the Disney folks begin airing the Arena Football package later on in the year? ABC could pick up horseshoes and they'll send Brent Musburger out there to lead off the coverage.