PDA

View Full Version : Attention dog behavior aficionadoes

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 08:12 PM
And I don't mean y'all who act like a dog: If you can't eat it or ***k it, then ***s on it. :rolleyes:

When I walk my ferocious shih-tzu (formerly know as Dean, until we nipped his jewels off to stop him from humping his bed 50 time a day), he pees on everything. THAT I understand - marking territory.
BUT long after the he has wrung the very last drop of amber waste from his tiny bladder, he still hikes his leg up on stuff. Nothing is coming out, of that I am sure. Is this wishful thining on his part? Stupidity? Does he think other dogs might be watching? I eagerly await your collective wisdom.

OUHOMER
2/16/2007, 08:21 PM
he's mocking you.

AlbqSooner
2/16/2007, 08:30 PM
Not sure how old he is, but you might mention it to the vet. He may have some sort of blockage that doesn't allow him to fully empty his bladder. Possibly prostrate or adhesions (scar tissue) from the snip job.

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 08:33 PM
Not sure how old he is, but you might mention it to the vet. He may have some sort of blockage that doesn't allow him to fully empty his bladder. Possibly prostrate or adhesions (scar tissue) from the snip job.
I prefer to think he's mocking me.
When we got the snip job done, the vet asserted that it would help prevent prostate problems & such. He seems to have a prety good stream for the most partm and he's only 4. But I will mention it next time we're at the vet's.

usmc-sooner
2/16/2007, 08:42 PM
that Mexican guy on T.V. that messes with the dogs is awesome. I had a brain fart and can't think of the name of his show. But that guy is amazing with dogs.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2007, 08:43 PM
how long has it been since the snipping?

olevetonahill
2/16/2007, 08:48 PM
Hes saying in Dog languge that " mother****er " you had My balls snipped , Now go to the doc and let him stick a finger up your asz !

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 08:50 PM
how long has it been since the snipping?
It's been 2 or 3 years.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2007, 09:13 PM
no blood in the urine and been doing this for 2 or 3 years. ask the vet but you probably would have already seen complications if it was a serious issue..my toy poodle would do that after his fixing also but it wasnt anything serious

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2007, 09:14 PM
that Mexican guy on T.V. that messes with the dogs is awesome. I had a brain fart and can't think of the name of his show. But that guy is amazing with dogs.

dog whisperer - national geographic channel

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 09:34 PM
no blood in the urine and been doing this for 2 or 3 years. ask the vet but you probably would have already seen complications if it was a serious issue..my toy poodle would do that after his fixing also but it wasnt anything serious
If I recall, he's always done it, but I'm not sure. He seems real healthy, active, and playful.
Except he might be part cat. He's kind of aloof at times, and he sits on the back of the couch.

OzarkSooner
2/16/2007, 11:51 PM
Harrrruummmph! You'd be somewhat "aloof" too if someone did that to your family jewels!!

;)

WILBURJIM
2/17/2007, 12:09 AM
I've got a shiba inu bitch, that insists on marking lots of territory. She is 2 years old, and on our walks, after p***ing a few times nothing is really happening but, she too, still has to mark her spot. When she gets to this point she stands on her front paws to force out maybe one last drop of p***. I think it is natural dog behavior and nothing to worry about.

SoonerTerry
2/17/2007, 01:56 AM
I had a dog that did that.... I solved it by shooting him in the face.

MamaMia
2/17/2007, 11:48 AM
My 5 year old Shih Tzu does this as well, but only during walks, and he hasn't been neutered yet. Hes a tough little guy; all 18 pounds of him, therefore I have always felt that he is so 'in the zone' when he is off our property, that he just doesn't realize there is no wee wee left to tinkle.