PDA

View Full Version : frozen pipes

OUHOMER
2/16/2007, 03:11 PM
are the suc. i got up this morning at 0430 am. used the john, flush it, bowl fills up, make a pot of coffee. No problem.. 15 minutes later No water.:mad: I get dressed go to the well house and make sure the heater is working. its not for some reason, but all i had to do was turn it up a little. Take off for work, call the son about 0930, he advises still no water.:mad: I tell him to turn on the dryer because the vent exits thru the floor of the house. I leave work at 01:22 pm about 2 hours early for me. I get home. AND the water is working :D . I dont see any leaking pipes, dont hear any running water.. I think I dodged a bullet. I hope

fadada1
2/16/2007, 03:43 PM
flowmax - works wonders.

SoonerBorn68
2/16/2007, 03:46 PM
My water's been frozen here on location for the last 3 days. :mad:

I was hoping they'd thaw out today but so far no such luck.

walkoffsooner
2/16/2007, 04:40 PM

try methanol:D

jacru
2/16/2007, 04:47 PM
insulate your pipes.

LilSooner
2/16/2007, 06:05 PM
I got up this morning and turned on the hot water in my bathroom no water. The cold side is working just fine, toliet working just fine as well as the other bathrooms. The only thing not working is the hot side in my bathroom and my tub. Got dressed went to my appointment and came back home to find it all working again.

Weirdest thing I've seen in a while.

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2007, 06:17 PM
cold showers are THE SUC

i think i'd head down to the gym for my morning shower before i stood under cold water

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2007, 06:21 PM

I just hook up my hose when I need to shower and when I get done I unhook the hose from the trailer and the pump and drain it until I need another trailer.

It's not fun but it beats being froze up.

SoonerBorn68
2/16/2007, 06:28 PM
Well, I'm kind of at the mercy of God & gravity. Our water tank is about 300 ft. from my trailer. It winds around the edge of the pad & down (but sometimes up) to the trailer. I just found out in the course of thawing we ran out of water. I'd fill up my galley tank but it's got a hole in it. :mad:

jacru
2/16/2007, 07:38 PM
dern trailer trash! ;):D

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2007, 07:44 PM
heat tape works well too if you dont have any

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2007, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry, I saw the thread title and thought this was about SicEmEx.

Carry on.

jacru
2/16/2007, 08:05 PM
let it go, SicEm.

jacru
2/16/2007, 09:30 PM
... makes it hard to smoke.

MiccoMacey
2/16/2007, 11:37 PM
Made a run here in Tulsa tonight on a house flooding from busted piped on the second floor.

Nobody home, neighbors say they come by weekly (they've moved out).

Turned off the water, but the yard is soooo soggy from all the runoff. I'd hate to see the inside.

SoonerTerry
2/17/2007, 07:20 AM
I got up this morning and turned on the hot water in my bathroom no water. The cold side is working just fine, toliet working just fine as well as the other bathrooms. The only thing not working is the hot side in my bathroom and my tub. Got dressed went to my appointment and came back home to find it all working again.

Weirdest thing I've seen in a while.

Hot water freezes faster than cold...

leave your hot water dripping