PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Ready To Wave White Flag In Iraq

FaninAma
2/16/2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252382,00.html

Are the comments by Waxman really helpful? Personally I think he needs the **** slapped out of him.

The Senate is a train wreck and rightfully so after the way the Democrats stalled any meaningful legislation with filibusters while the GOP held sway. I'll be shocked if any resolution gets through the Senate.

yermom
2/16/2007, 02:01 PM
the nightmare that we have unleashed

huh?

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2007, 02:02 PM
i sent Rep Murtha a letter today......wont do any good but he knows how i feel

its disgusting that we've got our troops over there trying to do their job, and they have to listen to words from the left such as we're hearing

NormanPride
2/16/2007, 02:37 PM
I've gotten the feeling that the past few weeks we've actually gotten some stuff done over there, and now the democrats are complaining even more... What am I missing?

mikeelikee
2/16/2007, 02:40 PM
NormanPride, you're not missing anything. If we start having success in "Bush's War", that makes all the Dims sound ridiculous with all their carping, and they don't like that.

SoonerGirl06
2/16/2007, 02:46 PM
Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., called Iraq a "defeat."

"What we now have in Iraq is a defeat. We cannot achieve the illusions of the Bush administration that we will be able to create a stable unified liberal democracy in Iraq that is pro-American," Waxman said on the House floor. "Instead, we have sectarian fighting, death squads and a disabled Middle East that threatens to be engulfed by the nightmare that we have unleashed."

What about the United States that will be engulfed by the jihadist plans of the terrorists to destroy us if we don't stay over there and fight them?

It absolutely ****es me off that there are people like Waxman in Washington that deningrate the United States and enbolded the enemies of our country by making comments like this.

FaninAma
2/16/2007, 05:03 PM
I think it's shameful that Waxman has gone to this length to undermine the troops and give support to the insurgents.

Disagreement on how the war has been conducted is fine. Making statements about Iraq being a lost cause and that the US and it's Iraqi allies have lost is reminiscent of what Tokyo Rose did in WWII.

Baghdad Henry has a nice ring to it.

jacru
2/16/2007, 05:05 PM
Ready? The dems have been waving the white flag since Vietnam.

usmc-sooner
2/16/2007, 05:16 PM
the dems sure did their best to tank this war. I don't know if I can ever vote for one again.

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2007, 05:19 PM
the republicans are really soft right now, if they had a strong leader outside the white house, they could exploit this

usmc-sooner
2/16/2007, 05:20 PM
the republicans are really soft right now, if they had a strong leader outside the white house, they could exploit this

yep

LittleWingSooner
2/16/2007, 05:36 PM
The democrats need to shut up about moving us out of there. We need to stay in Iraq till the job is done. It'll take years to get the job done there. I don't know if anyone likes that we are there but we can't leave there within a year or two.

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2007, 05:37 PM
i said over a year ago on this very board that the country didnt have the stomach for this war....they wanted another "desert storm", in and out, small number of casualties

thank god the resolve that we as a nation show today wasnt around in the 40's.....

LittleWingSooner
2/16/2007, 05:40 PM
I agree, if we had America like it was today in the 40's Hitler would have taken over Europe.

MojoRisen
2/16/2007, 05:45 PM
Spreaken zie Deutsch - YA YA

Ich gehe nach hause Zoe Fuss.... Nor Zue Automobile...

SoonerStormchaser
2/16/2007, 05:47 PM
The Dems' time on top is gonna be shorter than they think...wait til November 2008.

IronSooner
2/16/2007, 06:54 PM
The democrats need to shut up about moving us out of there. We need to stay in Iraq till the job is done. It'll take years to get the job done there. I don't know if anyone likes that we are there but we can't leave there within a year or two.

Yep. I wasn't exactly on board with the war idea in '03, and I still think we could have done more beforehand, if even that only meant being more thorough before starting this. But now that we're in it, we're in it. Quit bitching and fight. I think everyone in this country and the next several are aware how the dems feel, I don't see any need for them to waste time drafting a meaningless resolution to clarify any doubt the guy in Greenland has about it all. .

Let the army do what it does best and shut up.

SoonerGirl06
2/17/2007, 02:05 AM
The Dems' time on top is gonna be shorter than they think...wait til November 2008.

I hope you're correct. I also hope that the Republicans will come out stronger on their stances regarding various domestic issues and issues involving the Middle East. If they fail to do so, then the Democrats will have the White House and quite possibly congress.

FaninAma
2/18/2007, 07:28 PM
Looks like HRC has run her white flag up the pole.

def_lazer_fc
2/18/2007, 07:53 PM
I hope you're correct. I also hope that the Republicans will come out stronger on their stances regarding various domestic issues and issues involving the Middle East. If they fail to do so, then the Democrats will have the White House and quite possibly congress.

oh we already have congress. now its just a matter of whether rudy's liberal stances on social issues will be too much for the large number of evangelicals it will take to win. but then again, he might be moderate enough to win some dems too. especially if HRC, as polarizing as she is, is nominated. that could swing some votes for rudy im sure. but, i guess we'll find out soon enough.

OklahomaTuba
2/18/2007, 09:34 PM
I've gotten the feeling that the past few weeks we've actually gotten some stuff done over there, and now the democrats are complaining even more... What am I missing?

Not a thing.

The donks are in panic mode cause the strategy change has turned things around at an alarming rate.

Victory in Iraq is just not acceptable for them. Defeat is their only option.