http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=axMDav3MFqDI&refer=news

Inflation fighting measure.

Xstnlsooner
2/16/2007, 12:53 PM
Ahhhhh! Venezuela, the land of the free and the home of
Big Brother! Wish Hugo were lookin out fer me! ha

Jerk
2/16/2007, 01:43 PM
What does that mean? (Knocking three zeros off the Bolivar)

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2007, 01:45 PM
Chavez also said that in ``coming hours'' he'll decree a law that allows the government to expropriate any business that sells food products higher than government-set prices. Those found guilty of ``hoarding'' and ``speculating'' may receive prison terms between two years and six years, Chavez said.

This isn't going to end well for Chavez or Venezuela.

royalfan5
2/16/2007, 01:45 PM
What does that mean? (Knocking three zeros off the Bolivar)
If you had a $1,000 Bolivar Note, it is now a $1 Bolivar note. Most countries with serious inflation have to take this step at some point. It's more a convience deal than anything else. This way you don't have wheelbarrow as much cash around.

Jerk
2/16/2007, 01:49 PM
If you had a $1,000 Bolivar Note, it is now a $1 Bolivar note. Most countries with serious inflation have to take this step at some point. It's more a convience deal than anything else. This way you don't have wheelbarrow as much cash around.

LOL okay thanks.

Jerk
2/16/2007, 01:50 PM
Chavez also said that in ``coming hours'' he'll decree a law that allows the government to expropriate any business that sells food products higher than government-set prices. Those found guilty of ``hoarding'' and ``speculating'' may receive prison terms between two years and six years, Chavez said.

No kidding. What's he going to do next? Threaten to shoot people who don't show up to run their business because they can't make a profit?

picasso
2/16/2007, 01:53 PM

isn't there some far left whackos who support this guy? Danny Glover anyone?

what a f'ing joke.

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 01:59 PM
I really pity those Venezuelans. They may never get rid of this guy without violence, and the longer they wait, the more violence they may need.
Of course, many of them brought this calamity on themselves by voting based on resentment and petulance.

What's the Venezuelan army doing these days?

picasso
2/16/2007, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I read on my homepage recently where Venezuala has the fastest growing military in the world. :confused:

Hamhock
2/16/2007, 02:10 PM
Why didn't we think of this? It is brilliant.

think how great life would be if we could by a new car for $20.

All. Problems. Would. Go away.

TUSooner
2/16/2007, 02:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I read on my homepage recently where Venezuala has the fastest growing military in the world. :confused:

So they are well fed and happy and a military coup is not likely?

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2007, 04:13 PM
No kidding. What's he going to do next? Threaten to shoot people who don't show up to run their business because they can't make a profit?

Communists never figure the overhead expenses into the equations. It's one of the great problems with their whole philosophy.

Jerk
2/16/2007, 11:07 PM
Communists never figure the overhead expenses into the equations. It's one of the great problems with their whole philosophy.

I always thought their big problem was with motivation. If you want the trash man (NTTAWWT) to have the same standard-of-living as a surgeon, then what's the freagin' point in going to medical school for 12 years?

I'm sure most doctors would say that they got into that business to help people, but if I could go to truck driving school, get a CDL in 1.5 months, and make just as much money as they do, I'm sure they'd be p***ed off...and rightfully so.

But evidently there are alot of people who think the gov't should be in the business of setting wages.

John Kochtoston
2/16/2007, 11:42 PM
Why didn't we think of this? It is brilliant.

think how great life would be if we could by a new car for $20.

All. Problems. Would. Go away.

Of course, the average household income would be about $45, so, that part would suck.:D