PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Analysis of Coaches' Pay/NCAA

MI Sooner
2/15/2007, 12:40 PM
Here (http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2007/02/why_they_make_s.html#comments)

Note: Link takes you to comments. Scroll up to see author's post.

I'm a romantic about college football but not a fan of cartels, so I'm conflicted. I think that if college sports become nothing more than a professional minor leagues, I'd lose interest in them. This might make my wife happy, but fall Saturdays are one of life's great pleasures.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2007, 01:12 PM
Russ is right on, except about Bob Stoops. So long as Pete Carroll is at USC, Stoops will never win a National Championship.

I think he meant to say Bob will not win another National Championship so long as Pete Carroll is at USC.

How many National Championships does Pete Carroll have again?

milesl
2/15/2007, 01:27 PM
It will be zero, once the NCAA takes away the only one Pete has for playing a professional player.

CrimsonChampion
2/15/2007, 04:02 PM
That comment about Stoops not winning as long as Carrol is at usc is retarded!

What does that have to do with the topic? The whole discussion was about the NCAA and it's morals. That guy just wanted to pop in his biased opinion which is a slap in the face. I bet that guy saw the statement that said Oklahoma expects to beat Texas and win a title every now and then, so the dude decides to be a smartass about it. I wish people would stick to the topics and not use certain discussions to spread their B.S. opinions.

BTW, next time we goto the national championship, I hope it's against usc. We reaaaaaaaaaally need to shut that garbage up. I remember about a decade ago people were calling them Southern California Junior College, had to bring in cheatin' pete and see to it that their star players recieved ASSLOADS of money under the table just to win.

Doged
2/15/2007, 04:29 PM
While I too would love to see OUr Sooners ransack Troy in a national championship game I also have to say I respect what they've accomplished since Petey took over their program. I think there are probably some rules violations going on or there wouldn't be as much talk as there is, but lest we forget we have our own rule breakers to get past as well.

That said, USC still sucks almost as much as saxet.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2007, 04:44 PM
I think there are probably some rules violations going on or there wouldn't be as much talk as there is, but lest we forget we have our own rule breakers to get past as well.

Our "rules breakers" were expelled from the team. Their "rules breaker" has a Heisman trophy and NC ring. A bit of a difference, if you ask me.