PDA

View Full Version : Here It Comes.......The Milli Vanilli Movie

CShine
2/15/2007, 04:59 AM
Disgraced pop duo Milli Vanilli will soon get a movie made about their less-than-spectacular career, following in the cinematic steps of such icons as Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety reported today that Universal Pictures is developing a film about the lip-synching combo, who lost their coveted Grammy for best new artist in 1990 when it emerged that they had never sung on their records.

The project will be written and directed for the General Electric Co.-controlled studio by Jeff Nathanson, who previously wrote the Leonardo DiCaprio crime caper Catch Me If You Can. He has secured the cooperation of Milli Vanilli alumnus Fabrice Morvan, who has been pursuing a comeback for years, as well as the estate of his colleague, Rob Pilatus, who died of a drug overdose in 1998.

"I've always been fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you had guys who pulled off the ultimate con, selling 30 million singles and 11 million albums and then becoming the biggest laughing-stocks of pop entertainment," the paper quoted Nathanson as saying.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21232466-38198,00.html

SoonerTerry
2/15/2007, 05:14 AM
for 30 million dollars you can call me a laughing stock.... just sayin

Widescreen
2/15/2007, 07:33 AM
This is a made-for-TV movie topic, not a big-screen topic. I predict a huge loss for Universal on this one.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 08:34 AM
I hear they have some top talent lined up to do the voices of the actors.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/15/2007, 09:10 AM
It is about time they did a Milli Vanilli movie!!!

SoonerAcesUp
2/15/2007, 11:51 AM
Weird! Just two nights ago I was listening to some Milli Vanilli that I had downloaded a while back. What years were they around? I couldn't remember.

Pricetag
2/15/2007, 02:42 PM
About 1988 through 1990, I think. Things unraveled quickly after the Grammy. It was the worst thing that could have happened to them.

Hatfield
2/15/2007, 03:00 PM
I hear they have some top talent lined up to do the voices of the actors.

if they had all the actors noticeably lip syncing that would be the awesomest of the awesome

AllAboutThe'O'
2/15/2007, 04:37 PM
About 1988 through 1990, I think. Things unraveled quickly after the Grammy. It was the worst thing that could have happened to them.
Remember the VH1 "Behind the Music" that they did on them? (I think it was the first show in the BTM series). Anyway, Rob (I think) essentially said that winning the Grammy sealed their fate. They also showed the infamous clip of the MTV show they were on while singing "Girl, You Know It's True" when the record player backstage started skipping. Hilarious moment.

Pricetag
2/15/2007, 05:44 PM
Remember the VH1 "Behind the Music" that they did on them? (I think it was the first show in the BTM series). Anyway, Rob (I think) essentially said that winning the Grammy sealed their fate. They also showed the infamous clip of the MTV show they were on while singing "Girl, You Know It's True" when the record player backstage started skipping. Hilarious moment.
Yeah, I saw that show.

The record company was the villain in that whole deal. It was their idea to have Rob and Fab (this was the name they used when they attempted a comeback with them actually singing) as the image of the group and then the vocals provided by back ups, with the promise that they could sing on later albums. Morvan and Pilatus sold their souls to the devil when they agreed to do it, and they deserve the consequences, but I can hardly blame them for jumping at what they thought might be their only chance at stardom. When they won the Grammy and the hard questions started coming, the record company outed them and left them twisting in the wind.

When they sang on Arsenio, they actaully sounded fairly close to the recorded version of the song. Rob needed some work, but Fabrice was pretty good.

DustySooner
2/15/2007, 05:52 PM
You have..got..to be..f*cking sh*ting me.

Viking Kitten
2/15/2007, 09:47 PM
You have..got..to be..f*cking sh*ting me.

Girl, you know it's true.

Widescreen
2/15/2007, 09:57 PM
When they won the Grammy and the hard questions started coming, the record company outed them and left them twisting in the wind.

Rob needed some work, but Fabrice was pretty good.
Any dude named Fabrice deserves to be outed.

Pricetag
2/16/2007, 10:37 AM
Any dude named Fabrice deserves to be outed.
Give him a break, he's German. I was in German class in high school, and we had a little German magazine that we read, and that thing was all about Milli Vanilli back then.