PDA

View Full Version : valentines day fight....

OUAndy1807
2/14/2007, 11:41 PM
nice. it went down like this:

wife: you don't do anything
me: I do a lot
wife: I'm the only one who talks to the mortgage company
me: they needed a point of contact and you volunteered. I work for a living and you work for the government
wife: you don't work, you don't do anything
me: I make way more than you do, it's amazing how I can cash these checks seeing how I don't do anything at work
wife: I do everything, you don't do anything
me: I pay the majority of your school debt and I supported you for a year in grad school without asking you to work.
wife: why don't you sleep on the couch?
me: why don't you go sleep in the car that I bought you.

the funny thing is that she doesn't make that much less than me, I just know how to push her buttons.

man, I can't wait until we close and get moved into this house.

tulsaoilerfan
2/14/2007, 11:45 PM
You might be the first dude kicked out of your house before you even move in.

SoonerGirl06
2/14/2007, 11:52 PM
You might be the first dude kicked out of your house before you even move in.

You're not kidding. You need to apologize. Seriously.

OUAndy1807
2/14/2007, 11:54 PM
no I don't

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 11:54 PM
If you had an absolute inability to get mad or stand up to women then you wouldn't have had this fight in the first place!

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2007, 11:55 PM

No, he doesn't.

yermom
2/14/2007, 11:55 PM
you were supposed to have done this yesterday

don't you know the rules of avoiding Chick Christmas?

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:01 AM
the funny thing is that she doesn't make that much less than me, I just know how to push her buttons.

Yes, you should. You were pushing her buttons and you intentionally ****ed her off.

She was asking for some help and instead of listening and offering your help or support you antagonized her.

Ike
2/15/2007, 12:03 AM
Yes, you should. You were pushing her buttons and you intentionally ****ed her off.

She was asking for some help and instead of listening and offering your help or support you antagonized her.
wait a minute. "you don't do anything" is asking for help?

see, in my house, that's every bit as antagonistic as what followed.

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:09 AM
wait a minute. "you don't do anything" is asking for help?

see, in my house, that's every bit as antagonistic as what followed.

Yes... it's a woman's way of asking for help in our own sweet little way... :P

I don't think she was intentionally pushing his buttons like he was hers.

I figure that I'm going to be clearly outnumbered on this being that I am a woman and most of ya'll are guys... so is it too early to beg for mercy and ask that ya'll go easy on me? :D

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:12 AM
i agree with the guys. she ought to apologize.

soonerboomer93
2/15/2007, 12:13 AM
heck, that beats my fight...

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 12:14 AM
no I don'tYes you do. You just didn't understand what she really meant. She was simply overwhelmed with having to deal with the mortgage company and instead of simply offering to help her, you decided to be mean.

nmsoonergirl
2/15/2007, 12:15 AM
Yup. She started it, although andy DID chose not to end it.

Hopefully they're having make up secks already

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 12:16 AM
I wrote ^that^ before I read SoonerGirl06s post.

Oh, and Andy should apologize first and then she should apologize as well.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:18 AM
They both could stand to offer an apology, because they both instigated ****.

... and yes, she did start it by starting out the conversation that way. It doesn't matter what she meant. What she said was belittling and antagonistic.

sooneron
2/15/2007, 12:19 AM
If you had an absolute inability to get mad or stand up to women then you wouldn't have had this fight in the first place!
Run along now, man-talk here!

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/007/dn-1-0823-james-bond.jpg

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:20 AM
Yes you do. You just didn't understand what she really meant. She was simply overwhelmed with having to deal with the mortgage company and instead of simply offering to help her, you decided to be mean.

Once again, Mama's right.

Really guys.... she was not trying to pick a fight. She was asking for help and what she needs is a hug, a kiss and for Andy to listen and offer his help... and apology.

GottaHavePride
2/15/2007, 12:21 AM
Yes... it's a woman's way of asking for help in our own sweet little way... :P
No, saying "dealing with the mortgage people is ****ing me off, can you help out?" is asking for help. Saying "you never do anything around here" is trying to start a fight.

soonerboomer93
2/15/2007, 12:22 AM
bah, **** that

if you want help, just ask for help

quit screwing around with all the hidden words making me have to read between the lines

nmsoonergirl
2/15/2007, 12:23 AM
No, saying "dealing with the mortgage people is ****ing me off, can you help out?" is asking for help. Saying "you never do anything around here" is trying to start a fight.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with actually saying what you mean. Saves a lot of trouble in the long run.

sooneron
2/15/2007, 12:24 AM
These threads are greatness, not the fighting part, but the split evenly among the sexes and their ability to reason or read what one person is saying.

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:25 AM

That may be a guy's way of asking for help... but not a girls. It may not be the right way... but that's just how we do it. Women have a hard time being direct and expect guys to read our minds... when you don't we get ****ed and stomp around.

sooneron
2/15/2007, 12:26 AM
That may be a guy's way of asking for help... but not a girls. It may not be the right way... but that's just how we do it. Women have a hard time being direct and expect guys to read our minds... when you don't we get ****ed and stomp around.
THIS is what I am talking about. I lub the SO, sometimes.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:27 AM
So basically what you're saying is that the entire sex is bat**** crazy.

"I know I keep saying it the same way every time, and I KNOW the way I say it would **** off any reasonable person, but I just can't understand why you get ****ed off every time!"

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:27 AM
if you're frustrated and need help, you should not attack and blame the person you want help and sympathy from.

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:28 AM
That may be a guy's way of asking for help... but not a girls. It may not be the right way... but that's just how we do it. Women have a hard time being direct and expect guys to read our minds... when you don't we get ****ed and stomp around.speak for yourself! not all girls are crazy.

Ike
2/15/2007, 12:28 AM
Once again, Mama's right.

Really guys.... she was not trying to pick a fight. She was asking for help and what she needs is a hug, a kiss and for Andy to listen and offer his help... and apology.

See, I know this from the fights I've had with my own wife...still, when the conversation starts with a "you don't do anything", It's usually because she wants a fight. she may be overwhelmed, but she wants to take it out on me...and that usually means that I push her buttons back, and a phone goes whizzing over my head and through a wall (my wife has a seriously good arm...we're talkin 70+ mph). Then she locks herself in the bedroom, crys for a while, and about 20 minutes later, I pick the lock, apologize, she apologizes, and we have a frank discussion about whats really going on, and then proceed with the makeup secks.

My point is that all of this could be avoided by simply asking me to do whatever it was that she wanted me to do in the first place. 90% of the time, I'll do it, generally because it's trivial and not worth fighting over.

yeah, Andy should apologize, but not because he has to. IMO, it's not his fault they had a fight. but he should because thats the way women work. Once you accept it, you find that apologies just come out without even thinking about it. She loves em, and you never realize you gave em, and everybody wins.

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:30 AM
if you're frustrated and need help, you should not attack and blame the person you want help and sympathy from.

Women are emotional and tend to express themselves that way.

Guys are direct and to the point and tend to express themselves that way.

GottaHavePride
2/15/2007, 12:31 AM
THIS is what I am talking about. I lub the SO, sometimes.

except that PG and nmsoonergirl are on the guys' side of this one. ;)

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 12:32 AM
No, saying "dealing with the mortgage people is ****ing me off, can you help out?" is asking for help. Saying "you never do anything around here" is trying to start a fight.My womens intuition is telling me that her statement was not what started this whole altercation. I know alot of ladies. I gave birth to, and raised 3, and I don't know of any woman in her right mind who would provoke a fight on Valentines Day unless the man was asking for it.

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:32 AM
speak for yourself! not all girls are crazy.

Oh good grief! What I am merely trying to state is that both sexes express themselves in different ways.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:33 AM
My womens intuition is telling me that her statement was not what started this whole altercation. I know alot of ladies. I gave birth to, and raised 3, and I don't know of any woman in her right mind who would provoke a fight on Valentines Day unless the man was asking for it.

Well, if you go by what SoonerGirl06 said, assuming any woman is in her right mind is a bit of a stretch. :D

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:34 AM
See, I know this from the fights I've had with my own wife...still, when the conversation starts with a "you don't do anything", It's usually because she wants a fight. she may be overwhelmed, but she wants to take it out on me...and that usually means that I push her buttons back, and a phone goes whizzing over my head and through a wall (my wife has a seriously good arm...we're talkin 70+ mph). Then she locks herself in the bedroom, crys for a while, and about 20 minutes later, I pick the lock, apologize, she apologizes, and we have a frank discussion about whats really going on, and then proceed with the makeup secks.

My point is that all of this could be avoided by simply asking me to do whatever it was that she wanted me to do in the first place. 90% of the time, I'll do it, generally because it's trivial and not worth fighting over.

yeah, Andy should apologize, but not because he has to. IMO, it's not his fault they had a fight. but he should because thats the way women work. Once you accept it, you find that apologies just come out without even thinking about it. She loves em, and you never realize you gave em, and everybody wins.

BINGO! Ike's got it!

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:34 AM
Women are emotional and tend to express themselves that way.

Guys are direct and to the point and tend to express themselves that way.I am a woman. Stop making me look like a tard by lumping me into the bat**** crazy category. how's that for direct?

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:35 AM
I am a woman. Stop making me look like a tard by lumping me into the bat**** crazy category. how's that for direct?

*checks for Adam's Apple* :texan:

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:36 AM
*checks for Adam's Apple* :texan:FYI, I don't have an Adam's Apple, a Y chromosome, or a penis.

Ike
2/15/2007, 12:36 AM
BINGO! Ike's got it!

See the other side to that is that now she knows my apologies are usually half-assed, and now knows that I can't read her mind.

So now she asks for help by actually asking for help....or if she wants a fight, she leads with the real reason for the fight instead of beating around the bush by trying to make me read her mind.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:37 AM
FYI, I don't have an Adam's Apple, a Y chromosome, or a penis.

Severe Estrogen Deficiency? :D

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:38 AM
I am a woman. Stop making me look like a tard by lumping me into the bat**** crazy category. how's that for direct?

Honey... I don't have to do anything to make you look that way. How's that for direct?

PS: Have a nice day... :D

Ike
2/15/2007, 12:39 AM
Severe Estrogen Deficiency? :D

gunpowder induced sanity.

gunpowder has been shown to have a dampening effect on hormonal rampages.

:D

this is the sound of me ducking

SoonerGirl06
See the other side to that is that now she knows my apologies are usually half-assed, and now knows that I can't read her mind.

So now she asks for help by actually asking for help....or if she wants a fight, she leads with the real reason for the fight instead of beating around the bush by trying to make me read her mind.

Women... we're just so hard to figure out. :D

Frozen Sooner
I'm with Mom on this one.

Something I've learned over the course of several relationships of varying degrees of success: A woman almost never asks for help. A woman asks for empathy. When they find themselves in the situation of actually needing help, they don't know HOW to ask for it, and they blame you for not just knowing that they need help.

When they say "I've been doing all the X" the answer they're hoping for is "I'm more than happy to do some of X" not "Maybe X would be easier if you dropped a few pounds."

Andy, I see where you're coming from. Your wife needs to realize that when she wants help it's more productive to just ask straight out.

One of the many pitfalls of male/female communication.

edit: I'm speaking in generalities, here. Obviously there's women who don't fit these behavioral patterns. That's just what I've noticed from 32 years of observing the fairer sex. Usually with a high-powered telescope.

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:40 AM
Honey... I don't have to do anything to make you look that way. How's that for direct?

PS: Have a nice day... :Di guess that's your emotional way of trying to ask for help, right?

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 12:43 AM
Oh for heavens sake, its really both their faults. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but most women have hormones that can get all uneven and sometimes that tends to make them moody too.

Lets please not fight among ourselves. Okay? :)

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:45 AM
i guess that's your emotional way of trying to ask for help, right?

Nope. I wasn't being emotional... you were. I was merely stating that women go about expressing themselves differently than men and vice versa.

I am perfectly content with being a woman and the many idiosynchracies that go along with being one... instead of getting ****ed I usually giggle about it and say, "Yeah, you're right."

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:46 AM
Oh for heavens sake, its really both their faults. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but most women have hormones that can get all uneven and sometimes that tends to make them moody too.

Lets please not fight among ourselves. Okay? :)

Yes Mama. :)

soonerboomer93
2/15/2007, 12:48 AM
My womens intuition is telling me that her statement was not what started this whole altercation. I know alot of ladies. I gave birth to, and raised 3, and I don't know of any woman in her right mind who would provoke a fight on Valentines Day unless the man was asking for it.

They do when they aren't familiar with "chick christmas" in the same way american females are

Ike
2/15/2007, 12:49 AM

Because there's nothing better than having a spare bedroom.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 12:56 AM
My two favorite things (other than the one mentioned by the original poster): wrong questions and thresholds.

Her: Did anyone call?
Me: Nope.
(... five hours later...)
Her: Why didn't you tell me that so-and-so stopped by when I asked if anyone called?
Me: Because you asked if anyone called, not if anyone stopped by.

Her: Why don't you ever clean up such-and-such?
Me: Because my threshold is higher.
Her: What?
Me: My threshold is higher. I have a higher tolerance for filth. Let it slide for about a day or two more, and I'll get fed up with it and take care of it.
Her: That's crap, I don't believe you. You're just trying to make me do it.

(in the second case, she experimented with it, and it turns out I was right. :D I did clean it up somewhere between 24-48 hours later than she would have.)

SoonerGirl06
2/15/2007, 12:56 AM
I'm with Mom on this one.

Something I've learned over the course of several relationships of varying degrees of success: A woman almost never asks for help. A woman asks for empathy. When they find themselves in the situation of actually needing help, they don't know HOW to ask for it, and they blame you for not just knowing that they need help.

When they say "I've been doing all the X" the answer they're hoping for is "I'm more than happy to do some of X" not "Maybe X would be easier if you dropped a few pounds."

Andy, I see where you're coming from. Your wife needs to realize that when she wants help it's more productive to just ask straight out.

One of the many pitfalls of male/female communication.

edit: I'm speaking in generalities, here. Obviously there's women who don't fit these behavioral patterns. That's just what I've noticed from 32 years of observing the fairer sex. Usually with a high-powered telescope.

As a woman who is speaking on her own behalf... I agree with what you're saying and believe that you're right.

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:00 AM
My two favorite things (other than the one mentioned by the original poster): wrong questions and thresholds.

Her: Did anyone call?
Me: Nope.
(... five hours later...)
Her: Why didn't you tell me that so-and-so stopped by when I asked if anyone called?
Me: Because you asked if anyone called, not if anyone stopped by.

Me: My threshold is higher. I have a higher tolerance for filth. Let it slide for about a day or two more, and I'll get fed up with it and take care of it.

(in the second case, she experimented with it, and it turns out I was right. :D I did clean it up somewhere between 24-48 hours later than she would have.)I would have asked my husband how high was his tolerance for cooking his own dinner. :D

Mongo
2/15/2007, 01:00 AM

What about chest hair? This could be the sway vote.:D

Ike
2/15/2007, 01:01 AM

(in the second case, she experimented with it, and it turns out I was right. :D I did clean it up somewhere between 24-48 hours later than she would have.)

I do the same thing....It turns out that women have adjustable thresholds....or at least mine does.

Ike
2/15/2007, 01:02 AM
I would have asked my husband how high was his tolerance for cooking his own dinner. :D

That would be like giving me license to eat greasy burgers every day, since really thats all I cook...well, along with grilled cheese sammiches.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 01:05 AM
I would have asked my husband how high was his tolerance for cooking his own dinner. :D

That would be totally ineffectual on me. I've been cooking my own meals since I was three, and I've never felt comfortable having other people cook for me on anything but an irregular basis. Pretty much 29 days out of 30, I make my own meals. :D

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:07 AM
That would be like giving me license to eat greasy burgers every day, since really thats all I cook...well, along with grilled cheese sammiches.
I promise that you wouldn't want a license to eat greasy burgers after feasting on my fare. One way to a mans heart is through his stomach. :D

Mongo
2/15/2007, 01:08 AM
I promise that you wouldn't want a license to eat greasy burgers after feasting on my fare. One way to a mans heart is through his stomach. :D

Tell my wife this. She thinks it is in my convulsing colon.

yermom
2/15/2007, 01:10 AM
i'm going to hope you are referring to her inability to cook

*crosses fingers*

OCUDad
2/15/2007, 01:11 AM
Andy, you should apologize to your wife - whether or not anything was your fault -- on general principle. Then you should apologize to the SO for bringing this **** up in the first place. Then apologize to yourself for believing you could get a useful response out of any of us.

Then go sleep in the back yard.

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:12 AM
That would be totally ineffectual on me. I've been cooking my own meals since I was three, and I've never felt comfortable having other people cook for me on anything but an irregular basis. Pretty much 29 days out of 30, I make my own meals. :DAre you fairly tidy as well?

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 01:13 AM
What about chest hair? This could be the sway vote.:Dno chest hair. :P

OCUDad
2/15/2007, 01:17 AM
no chest hair. :PThis assertion is worthless without pics.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 01:19 AM
Are you fairly tidy as well?

No. Unless it's rotting or getting in my way, it doesn't even register.

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:20 AM
You know, its been almost an hour and a half since Andy posted. Are y'all thinkin' what I'm thinkin"?

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2007, 01:21 AM

Exactly. Just like Mom used to say.

Of course, she'd follow up by saying "Straight through the ribcage is too tough."

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 01:22 AM
You know, its been almost an hour and a half since Andy posted. Are y'all thinkin' what I'm thinkin"?

I seriously would rather not.

GottaHavePride
2/15/2007, 01:23 AM

Of course, she'd follow up by saying "Straight through the ribcage is too tough."
Heh.

It's just like Gramma used to say: "Stab first". I never found out what comes next, because I stabbed her.

soonerboomer93
2/15/2007, 01:23 AM

what, that he's sleeping in the car he bought her tonight?

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:24 AM

Your mom sounds really great. :D

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:25 AM
I seriously would rather not.I think you know. :P

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 01:25 AM

No need to bother with the heart if you're stabbing them in the stomach. Just cut down and then across. If disembowelment doesn't do you in, then you deserve to live.

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 01:26 AM
I think you know. :P

:les: STOP IT NOW!

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2007, 01:29 AM
Your mom sounds really great. :D

She put up with me living in her home for 17 years, not to mention shoving my gigantic melon out.

She's a saint. :D

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:32 AM
:les: STOP IT NOW!Ah ha! You DO know! We may not hear from him for quite a while, if shes lucky. :P

Oops I hear my hubby is walking in the front door. He had an emergency. Now I do.

Good night y'all. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2007, 04:24 AM
I blame Eve. She ate the damn apple! :D

OUAndy1807
2/15/2007, 07:46 AM
wow, this thread took off.

basically, I went into the bedroom. she was trying to sleep and I told her "the people on soonerfans think you're being ridiculous and that you should apologize to me."

then I went to sleep.

Tiptonsooner
2/15/2007, 07:48 AM
Regarding women, "You can be right or you can be happy, just not at the same time"

AlbqSooner
2/15/2007, 07:49 AM
Another nice thing about being divorced. That and I own a house that I actually get to keep.

Sooner in Tampa
2/15/2007, 08:35 AM
That would be totally ineffectual on me. I've been cooking my own meals since I was three, and I've never felt comfortable having other people cook for me on anything but an irregular basis. Pretty much 29 days out of 30, I make my own meals. :D:eek:
How the hell does this happen? :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2007, 08:46 AM

So does that make you Sicem's troll handle or is Sicem your troll handle?

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 08:48 AM
Tell my wife this. She thinks it is in my convulsing colon.
buy her a smaller strap-on

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 08:52 AM
Andy, you should apologize to your wife - whether or not anything was your fault -- on general principle. Then you should apologize to the SO for bringing this **** up in the first place. Then apologize to yourself for believing you could get a useful response out of any of us.

Then go sleep in the back yard.
Are you kidding me?

The man rips all but 3 eateries in the state, and disses the Beatles.

This thread is right up his alley.:D

Good stuff Andy.

And I'll side with:

There's more to the story than we know...
Apologies from both sides...

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 08:56 AM
wow, this thread took off.

basically, I went into the bedroom. she was trying to sleep and I told her "the people on soonerfans think you're being ridiculous and that you should apologize to me."

then I went to sleep.
Dang, people took off and forgot about Andy. And I jumped in late.

You know, having SF.com backing you up is admissible in court.:D

OUDoc
2/15/2007, 09:16 AM
I side with Andy.
However, whether Andy was right or not isn't the point. Your wife will get mad at you for something eventually. Pi**ing her off on purpose at least allows you to know why she's mad at you, and it helps relieve pressure that's building inside her. If you don't do that every once in a while, she's going to blow up on you. Any you'll never see that one coming. :D

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 09:26 AM
After close to 30 years of marriage just say "Honey what can I do to help". Listen to her, and agree to help while smiling and nodding and then move on to the next topic. She may be wrong or right but it really helps when you want a good nights sleep.

yermom
2/15/2007, 09:28 AM
you see, just accepting that i'm wrong because i have a Y chromosome isn't the way i want to go through life

where is Dean when we need him? :dean:

OUAndy1807
2/15/2007, 09:29 AM
yeah, there's more to the story than I'm letting on. we started dating when she was 14 and I was 15, so I know her pretty well by now. we usually have a blowout about once every six months and the way it usually works out is:
1) we can have a huge blowup on the first signs of us getting tired of being around each other, get it out of our systems and then laugh about it the next day

or

2) we can start getting tired of being around each other, not say anything about it, let it fester for like 3 weeks of little snarky jabs back and forth and then have a huge blwout.

nowadays, I just go for the nuclear option right up front, get the yelling over with and then move on. it seems to work for us.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2007, 09:47 AM
but can you have secks on it?

Hamhock
2/15/2007, 09:50 AM
can you have but secks on it?

:eek:

Oldnslo
2/15/2007, 09:57 AM
The Wife Unit and I have a Krakatoa about once every 5 or 6 years. For the past 17 years or so, they've all been my fault.

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 09:58 AM
you see, just accepting that i'm wrong because i have a Y chromosome isn't the way i want to go through life

where is Dean when we need him? :dean:

I don't accept being wrong but I do avoid fights and arguments by trying to listen to what's really bothering her and getting to the root of the problem. Communication is the key and getting to the bottom of whatever brought on her comment without furthering the argument with hurtful comebacks helps in my everyday married life. Just some advice, but I'm old so what do I know... ;)

C&CDean
2/15/2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry, but everyone here is completely missing reality. Completely.

If you plan on being HAPPILY married, let me give you some advice.

1. NEVER intentionally insult your partner. ****ing NEVAR. It's bush league.

2. NEVER make a statement anywhere close to "I make more $$ than you." Talk about reeking of insecurity.

3. Never dis your partner's occupation. They've worked very hard getting to where they're at, and dissing them is juvenile, petty, and mean.

4. If I were in Andy's shoes right now the last thing I'd be doing is going out on a limb buying a house. Why? Cause if these types of arguments are regular occurences, the marriage will never last. All a new house is gonna do is create baggage that has to be dealt with later.

5. If your partner is not your best friend, your marriage is doomed. Sure, you may stay married 50 years, but it's gonna be major suckage.

6. Never accept the "it's hormonal and we're just different" line of BS. I don't give a **** how hormonal you are, it never gives you the right to be ugly to your partner. Unless, of course, you're ugly to her first. Then, all bets are off. You'll never win a ****in' contest with a skunk, and a hormone-laden female who's ****ed off is skuuuuuuuunky.

7. Always take the high road. Never be the one to throw a discussion into the mud and turn it into an argument. You can disagree and still be respectful. You can disagree and not have to belittle the other person. Once you've tossed out an insult, the discussion is over. FOREVER.

ultimatesooner1
2/15/2007, 10:42 AM
great thread

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 10:45 AM

2. NEVER make a statement anywhere close to "I make more $$ than you." Talk about reeking of insecurity.

3. Never dis your partner's occupation. They've worked very hard getting to where they're at, and dissing them is juvenile, petty, and mean.

4. If I were in Andy's shoes right now the last thing I'd be doing is going out on a limb buying a house. Why? Cause if these types of arguments are regular occurences, the marriage will never last. All a new house is gonna do is create baggage that has to be dealt with later.

5. If your partner is not your best friend, your marriage is doomed. Sure, you may stay married 50 years, but it's gonna be major suckage.

6. Never accept the "it's hormonal and we're just different" line of BS. I don't give a **** how hormonal you are, it never gives you the right to be ugly to your partner. Unless, of course, you're ugly to her first. Then, all bets are off. You'll never win a ****in' contest with a skunk, and a hormone-laden female who's ****ed off is skuuuuuuuunky.

7. Always take the high road. Never be the one to throw a discussion into the mud and turn it into an argument. You can disagree and still be respectful. You can disagree and not have to belittle the other person. Once you've tossed out an insult, the discussion is over. FOREVER.

Absolutely buddy and that's close to what i said and I totally agree.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 10:59 AM
Absolutely buddy and that's close to what i said and I totally agree.
but he said everyone here was completely missing reality.

Therefore he disagreed with you OR he is missing reality also.

Of course, my comment is a direct contradiction of what he said also.

C&CDean
2/15/2007, 11:02 AM

What'd you say? I wasn't paying attention.

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 11:02 AM

He just wants to be the only one thats right even though I was right first. :D

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 11:05 AM
He just wants to be the only one thats right even though I was right first. :D
Your degree of correctness grows close to, but never touches, the actual correctness of Dean.

It's a mathematical thing.:D

OUDoc
2/15/2007, 11:09 AM
Dean may be right, but "why don't you go sleep in the car that I bought you" is a classic that Andy will never live down. :D

Vaevictis
2/15/2007, 11:32 AM
:eek:
How the hell does this happen? :D

I'd get up before my parents did as a kid. I'd be hungry. I wouldn't want to wake them up. So apparently, I watched them making my meals and learned how to do it. It didn't hurt that I could also read quite a bit before I was four, so I could read the dials on the oven/stove/etc. If something was too high, I'd drag something over and climb.

They tried child locks at one point, but apparently, by the time my dad woke up the next day, I had gone around the entire apartment and un-child-locked everything.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2007, 11:45 AM
Dean may be right, but "why don't you go sleep in the car that I bought you" is a classic that Andy will never live down. :D

she had to laugh when he said that.

Sooner in Tampa
2/15/2007, 12:06 PM
:dean: dishes out good advice from time to time, but there are no absolutes when it comes to marriage/relationships. Each couple has their own threshold of tolerance for certain situations.

Sounds to me like Andy knows his dealio and has found an way to deal with.

"why don't you go sleep in the car that I bought you"

But you can rest assured...there will be longstanding fallout from this funny as hell retort. :D

RacerX
2/15/2007, 12:11 PM
It's her fault.

She said "I do".

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:13 PM
you see, just accepting that i'm wrong because i have a Y chromosome isn't the way i want to go through lifesame with accepting that someone's bitchy/hormonal/emotional/irrational because she's a woman and that's just the way it is.

C&CDean
2/15/2007, 12:18 PM
:dean: dishes out good advice from time to time, but there are no absolutes when it comes to marriage/relationships. Each couple has their own threshold of tolerance for certain situations.

Sounds to me like Andy knows his dealio and has found an way to deal with.

But you can rest assured...there will be longstanding fallout from this funny as hell retort. :D

So, what you're saying is that you and the old lady pretty much hate each other's guts huh?

What I'm saying is this. Lots and lots of people stay married. If you wanna call it a "thresholf of tolerance for certain situations" you go ahead on. Whatever gets you through the night.

Me? No thanks. If I can't get along pretty much ALL THE TIME with momma, we ain't stayin' married. I really don't understand people (and I know a bunch of them) that hate the guts of their wife/husband but stay married "for the kids" or "security" or some other ridiculous reason. Eventually, it's just gonna be you and her. If you've spent your marriage arguing, insulting, hating, etc. your golden years are gonna be tin.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 12:25 PM
With the sound advice Dean is giving out.. I think I'm developing a man crush on Dean. :D

TexasSooner01
2/15/2007, 12:27 PM

me: I do a lot
me: they needed a point of contact and you volunteered. I work for a living and you work for the government
me: I make way more than you do, it's amazing how I can cash these checks seeing how I don't do anything at work
me: I pay the majority of your school debt and I supported you for a year in grad school without asking you to work.
me: why don't you go sleep in the car that I bought you.

Had this been my husband...I would of smiled sweetly and made him dinner w/some extra pepper or something mixed in.....

Passive aggressive works everytime.....:D ;)

crawfish
2/15/2007, 12:41 PM
Wow...I actually agree with Dean. :D

After 12 years of fighting for my "rights", and getting into huge blowups, I finally learned that the best thing to do is to calmly take it, no blaming, accusing or antagonizing on my part. It's not that she's trying to target my failures to bring me down, she's just hurt for some reason. After she blows up, if I don't make it worse we're finally able to get down to the real reasons she's upset and resolve them. Instead of having multi-day spats, we usually just have multi-hour spats and everything is better by the time we go to sleep.

Oh, and the spats are DEFINITELY worth it for the make-up secks.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 12:44 PM

me: You have a very legitimate point and I am endeavoring to increase my productivity to be of greater assistance.
me: I appreciate all you do with them. I am sure you handled the situation professionally and effectively.
me: I understand and appreciate your concern and can certainly see how you may have that point of view. Please be assured that my profession and various side interests which generate income are designed to help us financially, as a couple, in the greates way possible.
me: Your contributions have been so incredble and if you have ever harbored the notion that you are not appreciated, let me assure you, that I truly honor, respect and admire all that you do.. to maintain our house as you do while holding down your job is incredible.
me: Actually, I was about to put some candles in the bathroom and I though we could take a bubble bath together, drink some champagne and I really wanted to be close to you tonite, a back massage and just hold you in that special way you love.

of course, those responses are said in the most apparent sincere, calm manner. It completely disarms her, she doesn't know where to go.

I don't fight fair. :D

Czar Soonerov
2/15/2007, 12:58 PM
I think I'm developing a man crush on Dean. :D

Looks like we're back in business on that three-way Dean...:dean:

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 01:01 PM
Everybody has good and bad days for whatever reason and its never okay to allow those reasons, however present, to cause disruption. Thats why there needs to be a certain degree of tolerance, patience and understanding on the part of both the husband and the wife. My husband and are going on our third decade of marriage and we have a few do's and dont's that we established early on.

If we have an issue, we speak to one another about it with the goal of wanting to solve the problem. We have an agreement to concentrate on consulting each other, instead of arguing about it, no matter how upset we may feel.

Don't forget that it takes two to tango. If only one of us makes the choice not to argue, there wont be an argument. It has been our experience in life that the person who does most of the talking, is usually the one who is at fault. This is where being tolerant, patient and understanding can come in handy.

Both the hubby and the wife, shouldn't be angry at the same time. If one person does become upset, for whatever reason, its important for the other to stand back, take a deep breath and remain calm. Sometimes this may take a walk around the block. :D

Never, ever raise your voices to one another. Yelling does not make anyone more right and it only causes tension.

Never go to bed with hurt feelings and disagreements unresolved. It only makes things worse because it allows the negative feelings to linger and grow stronger like a snow ball rolling down the hill.

If one person just has to win, then let it be your sweetheart. The need to win is what turns an issue that needs to be addressed into a heated argument in the first place.

Always take some time to do something together every week outside the home, to help keep your friendship fun and fresh, even if its just a long walk in the park. :)

Sooner in Tampa
2/15/2007, 01:09 PM
So, what you're saying is that you and the old lady pretty much hate each other's guts huh?

What I'm saying is this. Lots and lots of people stay married. If you wanna call it a "thresholf of tolerance for certain situations" you go ahead on. Whatever gets you through the night.

Me? No thanks. If I can't get along pretty much ALL THE TIME with momma, we ain't stayin' married. I really don't understand people (and I know a bunch of them) that hate the guts of their wife/husband but stay married "for the kids" or "security" or some other ridiculous reason. Eventually, it's just gonna be you and her. If you've spent your marriage arguing, insulting, hating, etc. your golden years are gonna be tin.Not even remotely close dude...my wife is my best buddy, we can do just anything together and we have fun at it...we can take the kiddos camping...put then down for night and sit and drink brews and shoot the $h!t for 3 or 4 hrs. She rocks.
Do we have our moments...hell yeah...after almost 17 yrs of being married all couple do.
I am just saying that every couple is different and there are different strokes for different folks. The entire world is not black and white...there are some greay areas.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 01:16 PM
sign me up for the "every couple is unique" camp. I agree with what Dean said, but I think each couple has it's own dynamics and interact in their own way.

Very good advice, but I do see a lot of people that generalize marriage relationships to be exactly like their own.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/15/2007, 01:38 PM
With the sound advice Dean is giving out.. I think I'm developing a man crush on Dean. :D

S*** Lid, we know your modus operandi... You develop a man crush on anything with a hairy a**... :D

soonerboy_odanorth
2/15/2007, 01:43 PM
Oh... and Andy... the best advice that I can give you is to make your credo these three phrases:

"You're right."
"I'm wrong."
"I'm sorry."

That is right up until the point that she gives you that bat**** crazy stare-down when you've recited it one too many times...

One of the biggest fights I had with my ex (Hence, the "ex" part...)

"YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT TO SHUT ME UP!!!"

.... and I just smiled.

Scott D
2/15/2007, 01:44 PM

see there's the problem, there is no such thing as a woman in her 'right mind' she's always in her 'I'm always right' mind.

sitzpinkler
2/15/2007, 01:51 PM

no offense to you personally, but **** that ****

Boarder
2/15/2007, 01:57 PM
What's the big deal about talking to a mortgage company? What does it take out of your time? 1 hour per month?

Tell her she shouldn't be wasting her mortgage talking time by griping at you. And go make a glass of tea.

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2007, 02:12 PM
I think she might have just wanted some Valentine's Day secks.

That was her way of instigating a more 'heated' session. :confused:

...oh, and I hope she was in the kitchen when you were talking to her. :texan:

Boomer.....
2/15/2007, 02:19 PM
At least you wont have to wine and dine Dean on V-Day.

BTW, great advice Dean.

LilSooner
2/15/2007, 02:24 PM
I call bull**** on the whole story. No way a woman who has been with a man since she was 14 is gonna start some **** that way. I gaurantee this is the "filtered" version of the story. God knows men only hear half of what we say most of the time and usually its only the half that's going to benefit them.

Pulling the whole I make more money than you=I run this house is a total bush league, coward, **** ant way to try to win an argument. I gurantee that she won't forget those comments. If you don't believe me ask my momma she has been through 6 husbands and made more money than all 6 combine. It never won her any arguments and all it got here were 6 divorces.

Scott D
2/15/2007, 02:26 PM
I call bull**** on the whole story. No way a woman who has been with a man since she was 14 is gonna start some **** that way. I gaurantee this is the "filtered" version of the story. God knows men only hear half of what we say most of the time and usually its only the half that's going to benefit them.

Pulling the whole I make more money than you=I run this house is a total bush league, coward, **** ant way to try to win an argument. I gurantee that she won't forget those comments. If you don't believe me ask my momma she has been through 6 husbands and made more money than all 6 combine. It never won her any arguments and all it got here were 6 divorces.

psst..this is Andy we're talking about.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2007, 02:29 PM
God knows men only hear half of what we say most of the time and usually its only the half that's going to benefit them.

We only hear half cause we're too busy trying to decipher the "code" you're talking in.

Oh, and, AW :D

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 02:32 PM

Repeat please....I could only read half of that. :D

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 02:44 PM
. . . If you don't believe me ask my momma she has been through 6 husbands and made more money than all 6 combine. It never won her any arguments and all it got here were 6 divorces.

You know... this statement is just begging.. pleading... requiring ... an insensitive, pithy response.. :D

But... I shan't!

LilSooner
2/15/2007, 03:13 PM
You know... this statement is just begging.. pleading... requiring ... an insensitive, pithy response.. :D

But... I shan't!

Heh.

C&CDean
2/15/2007, 03:33 PM
Looks like we're back in business on that three-way Dean...:dean:

Allsome. A Lid sammich between you and me = 1 dead lawyer.

But he'll die with a smile on his face. The last thing he'll see is me wiping gus off with his bowtie...

Boarder
2/15/2007, 03:34 PM

Bush League, is that where lesbian softball players play? Wait, is lesbian softball player redundant? Wait...I mean....how else could I anger lil?

NEWCASTLE RULES!

Ummm......

C&CDean
2/15/2007, 03:38 PM
And just so everybody is clear here, I ain't saying there's only one way to skin the marriage cat. I'm just saying that insults, digs, snarkles, jabs, zingers, and any other negative things tossed out during a discussion will ruin it for you.

The minute you go "you dumb bitch" or "STFU, I could buy and sell your poor *** 3 times over" whatever it is you were "discussing" is gone. Out the window and down the crapper. Now, you're just fighting. And Iv'e been in enough of those in my time to learn that even if she's laying on the floor with her eyes rolled back in her head, you've still lost.

And one other thing. Makeup sekks is a bull**** concept. My first wife was all about that crap. Even if there wasn't anything to argue about she'd find something - just so we could have passion in our love making. How ****ing sick is that?

BeetDigger
2/15/2007, 03:41 PM
I'd comment to Andy but I'm still floored by the above six husband statement. I only thought the Gabor sisters married that many times. :D

BeetDigger
2/15/2007, 03:42 PM
And one other thing. Makeup sekks is a bull**** concept. My first wife was all about that crap. Even if there wasn't anything to argue about she'd find something - just so we could have passion in our love making. How ****ing sick is that?

Good think Lid isn't into passion.

LilSooner
2/15/2007, 04:26 PM
I'd comment to Andy but I'm still floored by the above six husband statement. I only thought the Gabor sisters married that many times. :D

Hey at least they are all still alive, ok. I had a great aunt who was married EIGHT times all 8 mysteriously kicked the bucket.

Boarder the only way you could make me mad if you would have said that DIBBLE RULES.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2007, 04:33 PM
Boarder the only way you could make me mad if you would have said that DIBBLE RULES.

Really? What if he would've posted this:

http://209.200.246.50/hinder/main/splash/1.jpg
http://209.200.246.50/hinder/main/splash/2.jpg

LilSooner
2/15/2007, 04:38 PM
I FUGGIN HATE YOU AW!

What a bunch of gays.

Boarder
2/15/2007, 04:46 PM
Eh, even I don't like Dribble.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2007, 05:02 PM
I FUGGIN HATE YOU AW!

What a bunch of gays.

Yeah, the guy on the right looks like he's about to realize "Wait a second. Man, we ARE gay looking!

:D

OUAndy1807
2/15/2007, 05:03 PM
I readily admitted that I only told half the story. Here's the other half for the people who are getting so fired up:
1) the thing about income: it's funny because she's a hospital administrator and I work construction. currently, I barely make more than her because she's a GS 11. In May, she's stepping up to a GS 13 and she'll be making more than me. I know it drives her crazy that I barely graduated high school and she has a masters and I still make more than her, so I throw it out there fishing for a response and she knows it.
2) We bought her car about a week before she started working full time, so I throw the "go sleep in the car I bought you" to drive her crazy because while I was the one who had to sign the note on the car, I never technically made a payment while we were living on just my income.
3) Why would a construction worker ever seriously "dis" a hospital administrator?
4) You're telling me that I shouldn't buy a house if we have a fight every 6 months? If you don't have a disagreement with your spouse at least every six months then you're either not a human with human emotions or one of you is completely dominated by the other.
5) My wife is my best friend.

DustySooner
2/15/2007, 05:08 PM
I'm still pretty young and not married yet, so I wouldn't have alot of input of these kind of situations.

My thing has always been to not let my loved ones stay mad. I'm always pretty good about apologizing and "making up" shortly after an arguement. You don't want something happen to where they were killed and the last thing you said to them was "I hate you" or something of the sort.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 05:08 PM

But he'll die with a smile on his face. The last thing he'll see is me wiping gus off with his bowtie...

I'm sure Gus, because of his/its/her.. uh... size.. would only require...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/280899/2/istockphoto_280899_toilet_paper_3.jpg

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 05:09 PM
And one other thing. Makeup sekks is a bull**** concept.
right on.

MojoRisen
2/15/2007, 05:12 PM
I must admit actual fighting sekks is interesting-

Czar Soonerov
2/15/2007, 05:14 PM

Never had a dead lawyer, only dead hookers. But I'm willing to experiment.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2007, 05:42 PM

Holy crap! Dean shoots and damn near scores! He only missed on a couple of points:

4. Only an egotistical jackass would presume to know whether someone else's marriage will or will not last. Granted, Dean apparently has some experience with failed marriages, but I hardly think that makes him an expert. Hell, even if he were an expert, doling out advice like the BS in #4 is - how was that put? - "bush league".

7. Dean is nothing if not consistent. Consistently self-contradictory, that is. In #6 he claims that if one is "ugly" to one's partner first then "all bets are off". He then comes back with "Always take the high road". The correct advice is "always take the high road" - even if your partner is ugly to you first. The notion that "all bets" are ever "off" in a marriage is ridiculous.

However, part of taking the high road may including calling out our partner for their blatant "ugliness". This relates back to #6, with which I totally agree - DON'T BLAME ANYONE OR ANYTHING FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. You are in control of your actions. I don't care if you are "hormonal", your boss yelled at you at work, or you lost your legs in an auto-accident. It's still no excuse to be "ugly" to your partner. JUST DON'T DO IT. And if you're on the receiving end, call them on it. Let them know that those types of comments are not acceptable.

Other than that, nice post Dean.

Hamhock
2/15/2007, 05:47 PM
:pop:

just wanted to be the first to use this smilie...

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2007, 05:56 PM
I second

Hamhock
2/15/2007, 05:58 PM

i think it's cool how the popcorn guys do their thing in unison

now back to the action...

picasso
2/15/2007, 07:07 PM
this is funny. both genders read those lines and think they actually know what Andy and his old lady meant/were saying.

please.:)

royalfan5
2/15/2007, 07:28 PM
This thread so makes me look forward to being married, mostly cause I know I will have fights like this because I like to run my mouth, and am almost completely indifferent to being yelled at, and I would probably just end up laughing at her and making it worse. Plus, I'm often abrasive. Man, married life should be awesome for me.

Ike
2/15/2007, 07:32 PM
this is funny. both genders read those lines and think they actually know what Andy and his old lady meant/were saying.

please.:)

we can only go off of what was given.

Now, if he or she want to take our advice knowing that this was all of the story that we got, then thats their bad. :D

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2007, 07:35 PM
Now, if he or she want to take our advice under any circumstances then thats their bad.

Fixed.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2007, 07:40 PM
marriage is something that is unique to every couple, but the few common threads to any "good marriage" is that it takes WORK, and it takes two people who love each other above all else, and dont ever feel like they have to have the upper hand...and two people who are never afraid to "take the high road" even if it means they lost the battle

picasso
2/15/2007, 09:06 PM
we can only go off of what was given.

Now, if he or she want to take our advice knowing that this was all of the story that we got, then thats their bad. :D
I agree totally.:D
I'm just sayin both sides chimed in like they were inside the couples heads.

heh.

;)

BeetDigger
2/15/2007, 10:35 PM
marriage is something that is unique to every couple, but the few common threads to any "good marriage" is that it takes WORK, and it takes two people who love each other above all else, and dont ever feel like they have to have the upper hand...and two people who are never afraid to "take the high road" even if it means they lost the battle

Uh oh, looks like Dr. Phil stole jk's password. :texan:

olevetonahill
2/15/2007, 10:41 PM
Im 56 , 3 deevorces and a few ex shack ups .
I still aint got them women figured out ! But .
I do know how to make the little man do Motor boat Motor boat :D :D
Keeps Me in the game :cool:

OUinFLA
2/15/2007, 11:18 PM
After thirty years my mantra is:

Do I want to be right?

or do I want to be happy?

I can hardly wait until this summer when Andy's wife is getting a bit tired of mowing the 1.25 acre lawn and thinking about the "No, we don't need a riding mower, I'll mow it" statment she made. :D

Ah, good luck Andy, most of us are wondering where you spent the night?

olevetonahill
2/15/2007, 11:20 PM
After thirty years my mantra is:

Do I want to be right?

or do I want to be happy And get laid tonight ?

I can hardly wait until this summer when Andy's wife is getting a bit tired of mowing the 1.25 acre lawn and thinking about the "No, we don't need a riding mower, I'll mow it" statment she made. :D

Ah, good luck Andy, most of us are wondering where you spent the night?

OUinFLA
2/15/2007, 11:25 PM
well, yeah, there's that.

olevetonahill
2/15/2007, 11:29 PM
Confucius say
He who fight with wife all day
Get no piece at night !

Mongo
2/15/2007, 11:32 PM
And one other thing. Makeup sekks is a bull**** concept.

right on.

Yall just dont argue hard enough to get the blood a-flowin'

olevetonahill
2/15/2007, 11:34 PM
Yall just dont argue hard enough to get the blood a-flowin'
If thats happening I dont want none !:eek: :eek: :eek:

C&CDean
2/16/2007, 09:08 AM
Holy crap! Dean shoots and damn near scores! He only missed on a couple of points:

4. Only an egotistical jackass would presume to know whether someone else's marriage will or will not last. Granted, Dean apparently has some experience with failed marriages, but I hardly think that makes him an expert. Hell, even if he were an expert, doling out advice like the BS in #4 is - how was that put? - "bush league".

7. Dean is nothing if not consistent. Consistently self-contradictory, that is. In #6 he claims that if one is "ugly" to one's partner first then "all bets are off". He then comes back with "Always take the high road". The correct advice is "always take the high road" - even if your partner is ugly to you first. The notion that "all bets" are ever "off" in a marriage is ridiculous.

However, part of taking the high road may including calling out our partner for their blatant "ugliness". This relates back to #6, with which I totally agree - DON'T BLAME ANYONE OR ANYTHING FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. You are in control of your actions. I don't care if you are "hormonal", your boss yelled at you at work, or you lost your legs in an auto-accident. It's still no excuse to be "ugly" to your partner. JUST DON'T DO IT. And if you're on the receiving end, call them on it. Let them know that those types of comments are not acceptable.

Other than that, nice post Dean.

Meh. You don't read very well. By "all bets are off" I'm simply saying she's gonna rip your ****ing heart out and stab it with a shrimp fork. It doesn't imply that it's somehow OK for you to be a prick. Nice try though.

And explain to me, oh genius, how predicting a failed marriage makes one an egotistical jackass? When one shares that him and the old lady fight all the time, call each other names, cut each other down, etc. then it's a safe assumption that their deal is gonna fail. That makes one egotistical how? That's right, it doesn't. It may make one "negative" but I don't catch the whole egotistical thing.

I think you're just baiting me so I'll give you some makeup anal plunging.

OUAndy1807
2/16/2007, 10:24 AM
When one shares that him and the old lady fight all the time...
twice a year.

C&CDean
2/16/2007, 10:33 AM
twice a year.

Dude, you're just now buying your first house. You're fighting over silly stuff. Wait till you have kids, insurance goes way up, etc.

My advice is to simply not insult her. And ask her not to insult you. What may be funny/kidding now will turn into the real thing. Pushing her buttons ain't gonna get you the results you're wanting. That's all.

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2007, 10:51 AM
Meh. You don't read very well. By "all bets are off" I'm simply saying she's gonna rip your ****ing heart out and stab it with a shrimp fork.

You know what a shrimp fork is??? :confused:

Stoop Dawg
2/16/2007, 10:58 AM
And explain to me, oh genius, how predicting a failed marriage makes one an egotistical jackass?

It doesn't. I didn't say that made you a egotistical jackass. What I said was: Only an egotistical jackass would say such a thing.

Meh. You don't read very well.

Looks like that knife cuts both ways.

And you think I was baiting you? I practically swallowed that solitary drop of man juice that dribbles out of "Gus" after you make such a post.

C&CDean
2/16/2007, 11:09 AM
It doesn't. I didn't say that made you a egotistical jackass. What I said was: Only an egotistical jackass would say such a thing.

Looks like that knife cuts both ways.

And you think I was baiting you? I practically swallowed that solitary drop of man juice that dribbles out of "Gus" after you make such a post.

Like I said, meh. I think you get egotistical mixed up with judgemental. Two massively different things. No problem on the jackass part though.