PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Bubble Watch

GottaHavePride
2/14/2007, 05:22 PM
Keep in mind, this one won't pay out until Selection Sunday.

ouflak
2/15/2007, 06:48 AM
Just to be clear, we're betting straight up that these teams make the tournament? It doesn't matter how they do it. So if OU wins all the rest of its conference season games (thus removing us firmly off the bubble) or if Tech loses the rest of the way (thus popping its bubble) but wins the Big XII tournament, we win our bet since in either case that team made the NCAA tourney despite not being a bubble team come Selection Sunday. Correct?

Mixer!
2/15/2007, 08:22 AM
Correct - if the team you bet on gets into the tournament, you win.

Mixer!
2/15/2007, 08:33 AM
I'm surprised that Tech has been given better odds at getting in than K-State.
I'm also surprised that the betting line closes this weekend. Can't it stay open until the Big 12 tournament starts?

GottaHavePride
2/15/2007, 12:07 PM
I could leave it open longer, I just though I'd leave it open until the games on Saturday end. Makes it more of a gamble if you have to choose now, doesn't it? ;) I mean, by conference tourney time it's already pretty much locked up unless someone like Missouri comes from nowhere to get the automatic bid by winning the tourney.

I based my "bubble team" odds on a few articles at various sites. The general consensus was that although KSU has a better record than Tech, they also are 20 spots lower on the RPI and nearly 100 spots lower on strength-of-schedule than Tech. According to the numbers I looked at, Tech is playing one of the top ten toughest schedules around.

OSU isn't a "lock" yet because they're only batting .500 in-conference and are pretty terrible on the road.

Beef
2/16/2007, 11:49 AM
Fiesta!

ouflak
3/11/2007, 05:40 PM
Wow. Kansas State left out. Texas Tech in. Hmmm...

Mixer!
3/11/2007, 06:16 PM
Wish I'd bet it all on Tech now, that was a sucker bet. ;)

K-State got screwed - fire Weiberg.

GottaHavePride
3/11/2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, OSU's late-season meltdown was almost better than ours!