PDA

View Full Version : JJ Abrams & The Dark Tower

crawfish
2/14/2007, 03:15 PM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/764/764210p1.html

Sweet! A Dark Tower TV series would (could) rock!

Cam
2/14/2007, 10:37 PM
That could be very interesting.

SoonerTerry
2/15/2007, 02:27 AM
I would love to see it done as 3 or 4 feature movies...

I DONT want to see it neutered on TV..

johnnyauburn
2/15/2007, 05:11 AM
agreed, this series contains some of my favorite books and stories. It deserves a big screen budget. Although, if it must be on TV, this is the guy to do it.

johnnyauburn
2/15/2007, 05:12 AM
... kind of an odd topic for my first post, but definately something im passionate about.

whatsername
2/15/2007, 07:43 AM
Ooh. Very cool news! I'm excited.

Joaquin Phoenix should be Roland. I'll have to think on the rest of them. I'm not really familiar with any young kids for Jakes role. Or, maybe JP could be Eddie and David Strathairn could be Roland.

OU4LIFE
2/15/2007, 10:06 AM
there is just SO much in those books that could never make tv. They would have to butcher it IMO to make it tv-able.

and they'd need 10 years of tv shows to cover it.

I'm torn, i'd really love eto see it done, but if it can't be done right, i'd rather not see it at all.

OU4LIFE
2/15/2007, 10:07 AM
Ooh. Very cool news! I'm excited.

Joaquin Phoenix should be Roland. I'll have to think on the rest of them. I'm not really familiar with any young kids for Jakes role. Or, maybe JP could be Eddie and David Strathairn could be Roland.

JP? not who I would pick, I think you'd need a newcomer that looks a lot like Clint Eastwood....THAT'S Roland.

OUstudent4life
2/15/2007, 12:11 PM
It'd be great on TV if you wanted to do the whole damn story, and did it on HBO or the like, so they could show everything.

It'll be good as an R-rated trilogy, and they'll cut out most everything.

crawfish
2/15/2007, 12:45 PM
It'd be great on TV if you wanted to do the whole damn story, and did it on HBO or the like, so they could show everything.

It'll be good as an R-rated trilogy, and they'll cut out most everything.

HBO would be great. They could definitely do it with an acceptable budget.

whatsername
2/15/2007, 12:47 PM
JP? not who I would pick, I think you'd need a newcomer that looks a lot like Clint Eastwood....THAT'S Roland.

I agree on the Eastwood-type, but I have Roland pictured as a much much better looking man than Clint. :)

OU4LIFE
2/15/2007, 01:07 PM
I agree on the Eastwood-type, but I have Roland pictured as a much much better looking man than Clint. :)

DAMMIT, Roland's not a pretty boy....he's a Gunslinger for God's sake. :D

Ruuuuuufus
2/15/2007, 01:29 PM
hope it doesn't go to the sci-fi channel