PDA

View Full Version : GM to buy Chrysler?

royalfan5
2/14/2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/17151529 I think no comment in this situation means they are probably talking about it.

Chrysler also slashed 13,000 jobs today, and are exploring all options.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/17144993

I can't imagine that this would be great move for GM but since when has GM been know for great moves.

Widescreen
2/14/2007, 01:22 PM
I hope not. We don't need 1 fewer US car manufacturer.

Competition good.
Monopoly bad.

yermom
2/14/2007, 01:25 PM
so the Germans are selling them?

royalfan5
2/14/2007, 01:26 PM
That's the jist. I think they are starting to figure out that buying 3rd place out of 3 don't get you too far.

NormanPride
2/14/2007, 01:39 PM
Maybe they should spend less on their ****ty advertising and more on making cars that don't suck ***. Just my humble opinion, though,

yermom
2/14/2007, 01:41 PM
that thing got a Hemi?!?!?

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 01:41 PM
The quality of Chrysler has gone up since the Germans bought it. I love the Crossfire. I'd hate to see GM buy them out and see the quality plummet.

I'm curious as to how the hell GM is going to pay for it. I'm not a business guy, but I know they've had plenty of financial problems for awhile now.

NormanPride
2/14/2007, 01:42 PM
The exit interview for those 13k employees should include a showing of that terrible superbowl ad with the suicidal robot. I know it's not the same company, but it still applies.

royalfan5
2/14/2007, 01:50 PM
The quality of Chrysler has gone up since the Germans bought it. I love the Crossfire. I'd hate to see GM buy them out and see the quality plummet.

I'm curious as to how the hell GM is going to pay for it. I'm not a business guy, but I know they've had plenty of financial problems for awhile now.
they can pay with stock and not have to borrow money. And then Daimler has a large chunk of GM stock that has been on the upswing.

soonerjoker
2/15/2007, 10:26 AM
who thinks chrysler quality is above that of GM ???

sooneron
2/15/2007, 10:55 AM
Who thinks they're both horses with broken legs?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/15/2007, 11:52 AM

Yeah, the Dr. Z adverts didn't do so well... What did they think a bunch of midwest Americans were looking for in a car company..."Yeah, Dr. Z, you are a wellspoken man with that sexy European/German accent, that'll go over big with the target audience of people who buy Chryslers and Dodges, yeah, go over big..."

Mrs. THA said that those ads would be pulled quickly, that program ended quickly enough. Funny, Dr. Z is still a spokesman in Canada. I guess they are more open...