PDA

View Full Version : President Bush's press conf.

1stTimeCaller
2/14/2007, 11:05 AM
is painful to watch. he's just rambling and he looks uncomfortable.

Okla-homey
2/14/2007, 11:28 AM
I support the guy and am not ashamed to say it. He's the guy we picked to be in charge, and its counterproductive to be critical to no good purpose. This whole donkey revolt in Congress is a collosal waste of time, primarily because it is a non-binding resolution. IOW, it's merely a public way to say "we don't like Bush!" I fail to see how that helps anyone, especially our kids who are trying to do a tough job in a very nasty place.

NormanPride
2/14/2007, 11:33 AM
You know, as far as a representative to the world for all of America, he's not doing a very good job at all.

Okla-homey
2/14/2007, 11:42 AM
You know, as far as a representative to the world for all of America, he's not doing a very good job at all.

Yep, illegal immigration is way down, evidencing the notion that Jose and Juana don't want to come to this place anymore because our pres. is a moe-ron.;)

C&CDean
2/14/2007, 11:58 AM
is painful to watch. he's just rambling and he looks uncomfortable.

And this is something new?

I support GWB. In fact, I kinda like him. He's been crucified by the left since day 1. He looks like Curious George when he speaks. I know 5th graders who are more polished. He's had to deal with **** no other president has had to deal with. And now, even his own side is against him. But he continues to push ahead. He continues to do what's right. I gotta respect that, cause most folks would have waffled by now with all the media pressure.

I just wish the haters would do their hating a little less publically. Our boys and girls over there dying are pretty much sick of watching/listening to all the folks who think bashing GWB is = being a patriot. I fly with folks coming home from Afghanistan/Iraq all the time. Flew home with a platoon sergeant in the 45th Infantry division last Thursday. He said "morale really is good, but we get so sick of the crap on CNN. We get so sick of listening to the people who think they're doing good by bashing the president - when all they're doing is giving strength to the enemy, and making us feel like we're not supported. We wanna win this thing. Bigtime."

NormanPride
2/14/2007, 12:05 PM
Yep, illegal immigration is way down, evidencing the notion that Jose and Juana don't want to come to this place anymore because our pres. is a moe-ron.;)

Idiot-run Clean Place > Mafia-run Hellhole. ;)

I don't think he's done a great job, but I don't think he's been the disaster that a lot of people think he is. He's a good guy that's doing his best during a time where every move is the wrong one.

achiro
2/14/2007, 12:07 PM

I support GWB. In fact, I kinda like him. He's been crucified by the left since day 1. He looks like Curious George when he speaks. I know 5th graders who are more polished. He's had to deal with **** no other president has had to deal with. And now, even his own side is against him. But he continues to push ahead. He continues to do what's right. I gotta respect that, cause most folks would have waffled by now with all the media pressure.

I just wish the haters would do their hating a little less publically. Our boys and girls over there dying are pretty much sick of watching/listening to all the folks who think bashing GWB is = being a patriot. I fly with folks coming home from Afghanistan/Iraq all the time. Flew home with a platoon sergeant in the 45th Infantry division last Thursday. He said "morale really is good, but we get so sick of the crap on CNN. We get so sick of listening to the people who think they're doing good by bashing the president - when all they're doing is giving strength to the enemy, and making us feel like we're not supported. We wanna win this thing. Bigtime."

Seems like a good place to post Cal Thomas' editorial from yesterday.
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas021307.php3

IronSooner
2/14/2007, 12:14 PM
This whole donkey revolt in Congress is a collosal waste of time, primarily because it is a non-binding resolution. IOW, it's merely a public way to say "we don't like Bush!" I fail to see how that helps anyone, especially our kids who are trying to do a tough job in a very nasty place.

It doesn't. It's just a bunch of people who want to go on the record as being opposed to it. Otherwise it serves no purpose whatsoever. My sensibility tells me it's a gigantic waste of time, and congress should think about getting onto something wherein they can effect some actual positive change, but then I remember, Pro = Con as Progress = Congress

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 01:12 PM
I do not support the President. I think he's completely wrong on a whole range of issues, and I don't consider him to be a true conservative. I also think he has done a rather poor job of dealing with Congress over his term that has hampered his legislative agenda and contributed to at least a small portion of the hostility directed his way.

HOWEVER, he is the elected Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces and it his HIS responsibility to direct military actions and diplomacy not Congress. Furthermore, regardless of what you think of the war the fact is that these United States CAN NOT afford to lose another foreign war. It took two decades for us to recover from Vietnam. The world is simply too dangerous to lose face and appear weak to our enemies. If we have to mobilize the entire damned nation on the scale of WWII and send every man, woman, child, and infant over there to fight in order to win this thing then let's do it.

I think serious mistakes have been made in Iraq, but if the troop surge gets us to a final victory then his opponents need to put up an alternative strategy for victory or shut the hell up.

C&CDean
2/14/2007, 01:17 PM
I do not support the President. I think he's completely wrong on a whole range of issues, and I don't consider him to be a true conservative. I also think he has done a rather poor job of dealing with Congress over his term that has hampered his legislative agenda and contributed to at least a small portion of the hostility directed his way.

HOWEVER, he is the elected Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces and it his HIS responsibility to direct military actions and diplomacy not Congress. Furthermore, regardless of what you think of the war the fact is that these United States CAN NOT afford to lose another foreign war. It took two decades for us to recover from Vietnam. The world is simply too dangerous to lose face and appear weak to our enemies. If we have to mobilize the entire damned nation on the scale of WWII and send every man, woman, child, and infant over there to fight in order to win this thing then let's do it.

I think serious mistakes have been made in Iraq, but if the troop surge gets us to a final victory then his opponents need to put up an alternative strategy for victory or shut the hell up.

pffft. You're a poli-sci major. Nobody seriously gives a **** what you think. Just sayin'.

BeetDigger
2/14/2007, 01:18 PM
Speaking of congress, I hear that the sub-committee on Global Warming meeting was cancelled today on account of the cold weather and snow. How's THAT for irony!

landrun
2/14/2007, 01:25 PM
Bush's biggest problem is that he communicates like an infant. His father had a similar problem. But he knows what he believes and has the balls to stand up for it. Which is something you won't find a single democrat do.

This non-binding resolution is a ploy of yellow-bellied politicians.

The dems have all the power to cut off funding and force the troops to come home. If you believed you were sending young men into a war where they we're only going to be killed, you'd bring them home - not try pass some weak meaningless resolution where you complain about a war you have the power to immediately stop.

The dems need to either man-up and force the troops to come home, or they need to man-up and support a total war. But they don't want to be held accountable for any decision they make (unlike Bush whom they hate) - so they literally do nothing but whine.

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2007, 01:46 PM

friggin spek limits......