PDA

View Full Version : Official Valentines Day gift thread....

oumartin
2/14/2007, 10:08 AM
What did your significant other get you?

SoonerStormchaser
2/14/2007, 12:27 PM
I'm on my way to west side Albertsons to get Mrs. SoonerStormchaser a huge vase of roses and whatnot. I would get chocolates, but with her surgery tomorrow, I don't wanna make her sick.

mdklatt
2/14/2007, 12:28 PM
IBTGag

PhxSooner
2/14/2007, 12:43 PM
I got Mr.PhxSooner the season one of Justice League Unlimited on dvd and a card. He gets our kids a small gift and chocolate. We're pretty low-key on Valentine's.

frankensooner
2/14/2007, 12:44 PM
My wife gave me a brand new nano. I think I will keep her.

MamaMia
2/14/2007, 01:08 PM
So far I've gotten the cutest little cards from 2 of the grand babies, an ecard card from my secret admirer, Godiva chocolates from my oldest daughter, Arbonne body wash from the youngest girl and a pedicure gift certificate from the oldest. I received a lovely card with an Ethan Allen gift certificate from my hubby and flowers from my Daddy.

We're having my husbands mom over for dinner this evening for Valentines Day. Shes a widow now, and we don't want her to be lonely. I got her a cookbook she has been wanting and had it autographed by the chef. I sent cards with Body Works gift certificates to my bunch. I got my husband a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage and 1 hour reflexology treatment, and I'm also making his favorite dinner and dessert this evening.

IB4OU2
2/14/2007, 01:13 PM
So far I've gotten the cutest little cards from 2 of the grand babies, an ecard card from my secret admirer, Godiva chocolates from my oldest daughter, Arbonne body wash from the youngest girl and a pedicure gift certificate from the oldest. I received a lovely card with an Ethan Allen gift certificate from my hubby and flowers from my Daddy.

We're having my husbands mom over for dinner this evening for Valentines Day. Shes a widow now, and we don't want her to be lonely. I got her a cookbook she has been wanting and had it autographed by the chef. I sent cards with Body Works gift certificates to my bunch. I got my husband a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage and 1 hour reflexology treatment, and I'm also making his favorite dinner and dessert this evening.

I hope my wife gives me dessert too....:D

ultimatesooner1
2/14/2007, 01:15 PM
400GB external HD and a 1 GB USB flash drive

JohnnyMack
2/14/2007, 01:18 PM
I got the best Valentine's Day card ever! From my boy. Although his writing does look curiously like his Momma's.

Viking Kitten
2/14/2007, 01:18 PM
No Czar. You're not getting a three-way.

C&CDean
2/14/2007, 01:21 PM

Damn. I've always wanted to kink it up with the Czar.

JohnnyMack
2/14/2007, 01:21 PM

:les:You'll be cookin' if he tells you you're cookin'! Woman!

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/images/Cinncinati_Chili/Finale.jpg

MamaMia
2/14/2007, 01:43 PM
I hope my wife gives me dessert too....:DMcFly. :D

olevetonahill
2/14/2007, 01:43 PM
GF gave me wood .
so I regifted it to her.

TexasLidig8r
2/14/2007, 01:46 PM
Damn. I've always wanted to kink it up with the Czar.

and you call ME ghey! :rolleyes:

:D

olevetonahill
2/14/2007, 01:49 PM
and you call ME ghey! :rolleyes:

:D
But you ARE , Deans just ambidextrous :pop:

OU4LIFE
2/14/2007, 01:49 PM
the wife and I are down with the Deaner's. We don't gift, we put the money we would have wasted on flowers and chocolate and crap and put it in a special savings account, then we schedule a vacation together somewhere and enjoy ourselves.

more people should try that.

NormanPride
2/14/2007, 01:54 PM
But you ARE , Deans just ambidextrous :pop:

DAMN I need to stop reading your posts when I drink. :D

Badger and I are in different cities this Valentine's, and her birthday's on Saturday, so I just sent her a silly e-card. I feel bad, but that's about all I can do.

IB4OU2
2/14/2007, 01:56 PM
the wife and I are down with the Deaner's. We don't gift, we put the money we would have wasted on flowers and chocolate and crap and put it in a special savings account, then we schedule a vacation together somewhere and enjoy ourselves.

more people should try that.

So I guess you don't tell her about your poker winnings...interesting.

OU4LIFE
2/14/2007, 02:03 PM
damn right. that's MAN INFO. No need to be sharing what goes on at the poker game.

besides, I don't win.

EVER. and that better be YOUR story if we ever cross paths pal. :D

IB4OU2
2/14/2007, 02:09 PM
damn right. that's MAN INFO. No need to be sharing what goes on at the poker game.

besides, I don't win.

EVER. and that better be YOUR story if we ever cross paths pal. :D

:eek: agreed, just tell mine the same. :D

soonersweetie
2/14/2007, 03:31 PM
We usually don't do anything really big for Valentine's. Hubby and I sent each other an e-card. And tonight we will be at our son's basketball game (he's in the 5th grade).

KC//CRIMSON
2/14/2007, 03:39 PM
I just kissed her on the forehead and said "Happy VD!"

Tear Down This Wall
2/14/2007, 04:07 PM
Just as soon as I sat my arse down this morning to work, my wife called with Valentine's Day instructions. She's sharp, so she's figured out over the years that I call in the flower order on the day of the event (birthday, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc.). She told me not to spent $X on flowers, but to save it for some shoes she's been eyeing at Nordstrom's. She also said it was too cold to go out to dinner, so reschedule whatever reservation I had for next week and tonight we'll eat tacos or something. Then, she says, okay, go buy some cheap flowers, like at Kroger, but not more than 20.

I don't think I got a word in edge-wise, but what the hell. As long as doing it her way makes her happy, everything's fine...and such.

C&CDean
2/14/2007, 04:19 PM
DAMN I need to stop reading your posts when I drink. :D

Badger and I are in different cities this Valentine's, and her birthday's on Saturday, so I just sent her a silly e-card. I feel bad, but that's about all I can do.

That's funny. My wife's birthday is Saturday too.

Mjcpr
2/14/2007, 04:38 PM
Hmmm....did "Badger" have a car accident the other day?

TexasLidig8r
2/14/2007, 04:52 PM
Just as soon as I sat my arse down this morning to work, my wife called with Valentine's Day instructions. She's sharp, so she's figured out over the years that I call in the flower order on the day of the event (birthday, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc.). She told me not to spent $X on flowers, but to save it for some shoes she's been eyeing at Nordstrom's. She also said it was too cold to go out to dinner, so reschedule whatever reservation I had for next week and tonight we'll eat tacos or something. Then, she says, okay, go buy some cheap flowers, like at Kroger, but not more than 20.

I don't think I got a word in edge-wise, but what the hell. As long as doing it her way makes her happy, everything's fine...and such.

Now. do you call the flower order in...or, does your legal assistant????? :D

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 05:48 PM
Well, my parents sent me a valentine's day gift box.

I got a half dozen Romeo y Julieta rothchilde tubos.
Some DVDs.
......and my dad thought it would be funny to throw in a box of condoms.:rolleyes: He added a note that said, "Hopefully you'll be needing this. I know you have sensitive skin so I purchased accordingly!"

Kill me.

Mjcpr
2/14/2007, 05:50 PM
No they didn't.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 05:51 PM
No they didn't.
Oh yes they did.....

You want a pic?

Boomer.....
2/14/2007, 05:51 PM
......and my dad thought it would be funny to throw in a box of condoms.:rolleyes: He added a note that said, "Hopefully you'll be needing this. I know you have sensitive skin so I purchased accordingly!"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mjcpr
2/14/2007, 05:52 PM
Oh yes they did.....

You want a pic?

Yes. Including condoms and letter. And within 5 minutes.

Go! :D

Boomer.....
2/14/2007, 05:52 PM
Oh yes they did.....

You want a pic?
Of course we need a pic of those Trojan-minis for sensitive skin.

soonerbrat
2/14/2007, 05:53 PM
Oh yes they did.....

You want a pic?

No. Thanks.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 05:53 PM
Yes. Including condoms and letter. And within 5 minutes.

Go! :D

The letter I already threw out with the box, but hold on I'll get a pic of the rest of it.

Mjcpr
2/14/2007, 05:54 PM
The letter I already threw out with the box, but hold on I'll get a pic of the rest of it.

I think it will still be beleivable because we all know there would be no reason for you to have a box of condoms on hand so you're still legit as far as I'm concerned.

;)

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2007, 05:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020007-1.jpg

Mjcpr
2/14/2007, 05:58 PM
Well, there ya go.

JohnnyMack
2/14/2007, 06:03 PM
Roll one of the condoms over the cigar tube, shove it up your ***. Then beat yourself unconscious with the dvd box. It'll be just like you and that crazy yainch are back together again.

olevetonahill
2/14/2007, 06:15 PM
Oh yes they did.....

You want a pic?
Only way Ill believe it !

LilSooner
2/14/2007, 06:24 PM
Rhino just got an offer on his house! Let's all pray that this goes through, because three mortgages succ!

Melo
2/14/2007, 06:26 PM
My mom bought me a bag of those conversation hearts - I love those things.

And I got a text message from the bf that says - "Well, uh... Happy valentines day. Wish I was there."

*shrug* I kind of wish he had just forgot about valentines day altogether. I feel kind of let down. I didnt even get an exclamation mark after the 'Happy valentines day' part. :(

Okieflyer
2/14/2007, 06:30 PM
Gave the wife two nights at a "Bed and Breakfast".

Now before you say big deal, understand one thing. The value of this gift goes up by the number of kids you have. I have 4.

Oh and before anyone asks, she's already decided to take me....

....I thought that was nice of her.;)

PrideTrombone
2/14/2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.eblong.com/zarf/uncarrot/picfull/blank.jpeg

Okieflyer
2/14/2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.eblong.com/zarf/uncarrot/picfull/blank.jpeg

Dang Pride! That's an anniversary gift, not a valentines gift.;)

reevie
2/14/2007, 08:03 PM
I got nothing

soonerboomer93
2/14/2007, 08:48 PM
stress, a headache, grief

oh, and some chocolates...

PrideTrombone
2/14/2007, 09:25 PM
Dang Pride! That's an anniversary gift, not a valentines gift.;)

Sorry, that was the closest to a picture of nothing that I could get. :D

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2007, 09:27 PM
Lee Dungaree carpenter pants.

GrapevineSooner
2/14/2007, 09:29 PM
Wife's working on the inventory team at her job, which means three solid weeks of working graveyards.

So I haven't gotten anything from her, yet. ;)

She received a Pajamagram from me, though.

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2007, 09:31 PM
Got her a digital picture frame.

She got me The Departed and the 2 pack of Ghostbusters I and II.

It's Milla time!

GottaHavePride
2/14/2007, 09:46 PM
Got her a digital picture frame.

She got me The Departed and the 2 pack of Ghostbusters I and II.

It's Milla time!

Dude, Milla Jovovich isn't in ANY of those movies.

And the last thing I got from CAF was a whole truckload of crazy - I'm glad she didn't get me a damn thing today. ;)

sooneron
2/14/2007, 09:48 PM
A ticket to see The Police, well, sorta. I bought four and one is "on her".

SoonerBorn68
2/14/2007, 10:28 PM
I got the best Valentine's Day card ever! From my boy. Although his writing does look curiously like his Momma's.

I got to go home yesterday for a few hours & my 7 yo son made me a card at school. (He didn't know I was going to be home yesterday.)

"Hey hope you can come home sooner or later. Well have a happy Valentines day. Well I forgot to tell you I love you so much."

:)

Viking Kitten
2/14/2007, 10:59 PM
I got 12 purdy roses, a sweet card, and a gift certificate for a spa day.

He got nothing but a card. You know why he got nothing? Because we agreed to the Dean Plan and said we wouldn't get each other anything. Then he gets me all that stuff.

Suddenly, I'm the bad guy.

Fugue
2/14/2007, 11:03 PM

He got nothing but a card. You know why he got nothing? Because we agreed to the Dean Plan and said we wouldn't get each other anything. Then he gets me all that stuff.

http://talkwichita.com/thunder/style_emoticons/default/nonono.gif

soonerboomer93
2/14/2007, 11:06 PM
Dude, Milla Jovovich isn't in ANY of those movies.

And the last thing I got from CAF was a whole truckload of crazy - I'm glad she didn't get me a damn thing today. ;)

I can share some of my whole truckload of CAF with you if you want...

JohnnyMack
2/14/2007, 11:17 PM

Guess the 3 way ain't as out as you thought it was?

Viking Kitten
2/14/2007, 11:40 PM
Guess the 3 way ain't as out as you thought it was?

We ain't askin' Dean.

I'm liable to get jealous.

MamaMia
2/15/2007, 12:07 AM

Not if you thank him properly, or not so properly; if you know what I mean. ;)

GottaHavePride
2/15/2007, 12:18 AM
I can share some of my whole truckload of CAF with you if you want...

Heh. That's ok. I have local crazy, I don't need long-distance crazy, too. ;)

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 12:20 AM
a dozen roses (that I told him he didn't need to get me) a bunch of chocolates (that i told him he didn't need to get me, a card, dinner, and a big stuffed toy.

I made him shortbread cookies (he loves the ones from Panera, so i tinkered around with different recipes a bunch until i figured out how to make them pretty close to panera's)

sooneron
2/15/2007, 12:33 AM
Oh and she got 18 roses, vurry long stem and the John Mayer Continuum cd. Even Steven.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 12:05 PM
So.... it was...

A spa appointment at 6:00. She got a body scrub/polish and massage... I got an hour long hot stone massage.

Dinner at 9 at Ruggeris (average at best, although the Cioppino was pretty good).

She got a card and a box of 16 roses, the petals of which are actually scented bubble bath soap...

oh.. the secks thing as well.

olevetonahill
2/15/2007, 12:16 PM
So.... it was...

A spa appointment at 6:00. She got a body scrub/polish and massage... I got an hour long hot stone massage.

Dinner at 9 at Ruggeris (average at best, although the Cioppino was pretty good).

She got a card and a box of 16 roses, the petals of which are actually scented bubble bath soap...

oh.. the secks thing as well.

So your saying You an Sicem had a good time ?

Boomer.....
2/15/2007, 12:17 PM
So you broke down, Lid.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2007, 12:24 PM
So you broke down, Lid.

I folded faster than a Men's Warehouse suit! :O

IB4OU2
2/15/2007, 12:59 PM
a dozen roses (that I told him he didn't need to get me) a bunch of chocolates (that i told him he didn't need to get me, a card, dinner, and a big stuffed toy.

I made him shortbread cookies (he loves the ones from Panera, so i tinkered around with different recipes a bunch until i figured out how to make them pretty close to panera's)

Iggy's a lucky guy...my wife made me heart shaped shortbred cookies with pink icing....good stuff. :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/15/2007, 01:18 PM
I got the same thing I got last year.

proud gonzo
2/15/2007, 01:33 PM
Iggy's a lucky guy...my wife made me heart shaped shortbred cookies with pink icing....good stuff. :)tasty :D