PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give KSU some credit.......

Salt City Sooner
2/13/2007, 01:40 PM
They're scheduling some very good OOC's recently. They just added Auburn a couple of weeks ago, & now you can add Oregon (insert about a bazillion jokes here) & Virginia Tech to that list. They've also got home/homes with Miami & UCLA in addition to returning Louisville's trip to KSU last year, & ending the season w/ a game at Fresno St.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3065&SPID=212&DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=794328

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 01:44 PM
My coach always said if you want to be the best you have to play the best.

Of course those teams are not THE best, but they are certainly better than east popcorn state

MamaMia
2/13/2007, 01:46 PM

Of course those teams are not THE best, but they are certainly better than east popcorn state
Which reminds me; who does osu have on their schedule for next season? :pop:

tommieharris91
2/13/2007, 01:50 PM

Sam Houston State at home. Will be worth tuning in just to see if they boo or cheer SHS's QB.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 01:50 PM

Midwestern Popcorn State ?

TripleOption14
2/13/2007, 01:55 PM
Its about time!!!! They have been scheduling CRAP OOC's games for years!!! Its good to see the new coaching taking on some new challenges.

P.S. Getting sent home early by the bossman due to an ice storm..... FANTASTIC!!!!

Salt City Sooner
2/13/2007, 02:07 PM

At Georgia
Florida Atlantic (just about the only time you'll see me root for OSU)
At Troy
SHSU

I've seen worse.

Jello Biafra
2/13/2007, 06:47 PM
At Georgia
Florida Atlantic (just about the only time you'll see me root for OSU)
At Troy
SHSU

I've seen worse.

heh....there is potential for the conference to start with those guys being 1-3..... fanfriggintastic

KStatePike
2/13/2007, 07:39 PM

hey east popcorn state is tough

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 08:01 PM
hey east popcorn state is tough

Ask aggy...

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 09:04 PM
Sam Houston State at home. Will be worth tuning in just to see if they boo or cheer SHS's QB.

Tuning into what, Stoolwater coconut radio network?

snp
2/14/2007, 12:36 AM
heh....there is potential for the conference to start with those guys being 1-3..... fanfriggintastic

Not a chance.

Jello Biafra
2/14/2007, 05:04 PM
Not a chance.

how do you figure there is NO CHANCE of that?

a month and a half ago, I would have called you nuts if you told me we would lose to boise friggin state......

georgia AND troy will give them problems and will more than likely both will beat them. SHSU eh not so much but you never know..... stranger things have happened. we never thought TCU would come into our house and paddle our bare asss but.........

OSUAggie
2/14/2007, 05:29 PM
FAU isn't anywhere near TCU. SHSU isn't anywhere near FAU. At WORST, OSU will start 2-2, but that's pretty unlikely. 3-1 has the highest probability, with 4-0 being more realistic than 2-2.

K-State is doing the right thing; hopefully all other offenders (OSU included) will follow.

snp
2/14/2007, 05:39 PM
how do you figure there is NO CHANCE of that?

My brain functions.

georgia AND troy will give them problems and will more than likely both will beat them. SHSU eh not so much but you never know..... stranger things have happened. we never thought TCU would come into our house and paddle our bare asss but.........

Just because upsets do happen does not mean they happen every time. OSU will destroy Troy and FAU. Georgia should be more talented and beat up on OSU at home. 3-1 OOC record.

Jello Biafra
2/14/2007, 08:28 PM
FAU isn't anywhere near TCU. SHSU isn't anywhere near FAU. At WORST, OSU will start 2-2, but that's pretty unlikely. 3-1 has the highest probability, with 4-0 being more realistic than 2-2.

K-State is doing the right thing; hopefully all other offenders (OSU included) will follow.

so you're just assuming that you will beat georgia......

mmhmmm

shsu is MUUUUUCH better than fau. i didn't think you would lose to fau but then again...

you're saying 4-0 is more realistic than 2-2??? you're smokin. im just assuming your place of employment (wendy's) doesn't do **** tests?

Jello Biafra
2/14/2007, 08:32 PM
My brain functions.

from what i've read....

barely.

osu is not this big huge offensive ogre everyone thinks they are..... *deep slant to bowman on two......ready break ! *

* button hook left seam to bowman on 1 ready break ! *

* right qb rollout deep jump ball to bowman on 1 ready break! *

it hasn't changed much since woods was there.....jump ball offense is still alive and kicking in stillwater.

the offense isn't all that hard to decipher. I think the execution is what doesn most of their opponents in, including us.

defense? pffft. lol well, i don't have much to say about that. anyone that can run for 150(most of their opponents) will pretty much have a chance deeeeep into the 4th quarter.

OSUAggie
2/14/2007, 10:11 PM
so you're just assuming that you will beat georgia......

You appear to lack anything bordering competence..

Nowhere did I say that OSU will beat Georgia. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities, but if I had to pick today I'd say that UGA will take the game rather handily... hence the 3-1 is likely portion of my post.

shsu is MUUUUUCH better than fau. i didn't think you would lose to fau but then again...

SHSU is Div. 1-AA. Florida Atlantic is division 1-A. Although FAU is pretty f-ing terrible, they're better than 95% of 1-AA teams, including SHSU.

you're saying 4-0 is more realistic than 2-2??? you're smokin. im just assuming your place of employment (wendy's) doesn't do **** tests?

It's about as likely that OSU beats UGA as Troy beating OSU. However, if OSU loses to UGA they'll have a much higher sense of urgency going into Troy (i.e less likely to look past them) thus making it more difficult for Troy to win, since OSU is vastly superior talent-wise.

I hate to jump into your next round of ignorance, but I feel compelled...

from what i've read....

barely.

osu is not this big huge offensive ogre everyone thinks they are..... *deep slant to bowman on two......ready break ! *

* button hook left seam to bowman on 1 ready break ! *

* right qb rollout deep jump ball to bowman on 1 ready break! *

If you'd managed to watch any game that OSU has played in 2006, you'd realize that Bowman's ball skills aren't terribly great. In fact, they're pretty mediocre. He just happens to be 6-4 230 and can fly, so he's pretty decent after the catch. There are no magic jump balls that he was able to bring down in traffic, and he's definitely nothing like Rashaun. If you think differently, stop attempting to think.

it hasn't changed much since woods was there.....jump ball offense is still alive and kicking in stillwater.

Just plain dumb.

the offense isn't all that hard to decipher. I think the execution is what doesn most of their opponents in, including us.

It doesn't matter how complex an offense is; if there isn't execution then it doesn't work. OU's offense in 2006 wasn't terribly tricky, but it worked well due to the execution. That's not to say that your offense is easy to stop because it's "not complex," but that it maximized the strengths of the offensive personnel and when the players made plays, the offense succeeded. It's not terribly difficult to understand, for most.

defense? pffft. lol well, i don't have much to say about that. anyone that can run for 150(most of their opponents) will pretty much have a chance deeeeep into the 4th quarter.

I can't believe it took you this long to border intelligence. Yes, the D was terrible last year. The D was also pretty young last year, starting 4 or 5 freshmen for much of the year.

Jello Biafra
2/15/2007, 01:20 PM
You appear to lack anything bordering competence..

mmmhmmm....... thats what i hear. im not even going to comment any of that trash you just posted.

know this....you're an aggie, i think you're going to lose 8 next year. now don't go away mad, just go away.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2007, 01:43 PM
Insult.

Jab.

Intelligent point.

Taunt.