PDA

View Full Version : The Echo is dead

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 10:43 AM
Mrs. Dean killed it.

She's driving up 12th St. in Norman approaching Lindsey when she notices a dude walking down the street with his pants damn near falling off. She is amazed that they're staying on his legs. His pants are yellow too, and she said the crotch was between his ankles, and his shirt tail was down to his knees, and the waist of the pants was just above the knee.

She is so amazed and disgusted by this scrawny white boy gangsta wannabe she double-takes, and then looks in her rearview mirror to look again. At this point, there's some cars in front of her and she notices them start moving, so she accelerates - and looks in the rearview one more time. Big mistake. The cars in front of her swerve around a car that was abandoned in the middle of 12th street. She plows into that car going about 40. In an Echo.

Both airbags deploy, and she crawls outta the car to look at the damage. She calls me on the cell (I was in Baltimore last week) and tells me she had a wreck, and it was her fault. I said "oh goody, are you alright?" She said "yeah, I think so, but there's nobody in the other car." I said "well call somebody and we'll get the car out of there."

About this time another car pulls up and some chick gets out with a can of gas. That's right, this chick ran out of gas and just leaves her car in the middle of the ****ing road. Doesn't try to push it out of the way or get help pushing it out of the way, she just leaves it and starts walking for gas.

So, I get home last Friday and go look at the car. TOTALED. Big time. I got a check yesterday from the Toyota salavage folks for $650 (we only carried liability on the car). I go home and my wife has a black/blue nose, a couple of mini-shiners, her neck was sore and her wrist was hurting. Yes, she had the injuries before I got home.

Moral of the story? Pull your ****ing pants up and do NOT abandon your car in the middle of the ****ing road.

The End.

tbl
2/13/2007, 10:46 AM
Also, don't leave your car in an active lane to go get gas.

Mjcpr
2/13/2007, 10:50 AM
Also, watch where you're going.

Boomer.....
2/13/2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, that sucks. Any plans for a new car for her?

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 10:55 AM
Wow, that sucks. Any plans for a new car for her?

Yeah, she's driving a 1991 Chevy S-10 with a flatbed. It's got 254,000 miles on it. No power steering, 5-speed transmission, and the rearview mirrors are all broken.

Boomer.....
2/13/2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, she's driving a 1991 Chevy S-10 with a flatbed. It's got 254,000 miles on it. No power steering, 5-speed transmission, and the rearview mirrors are all broken.
Nice! At least now she will look in front of her when she is driving.

yermom
2/13/2007, 11:32 AM
has doleo apologized yet?

jk the sooner fan
2/13/2007, 11:33 AM
glad Mrs Dean is ok!!!

NormanPride
2/13/2007, 11:37 AM
Yikes... I try to remember that every second I'm on the road is a second that something can go wrong at random. Glad to hear she's okay!

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/13/2007, 11:40 AM
It's a wretched feeling doing something like that and knowing it was your fault. Gah.

And I'm glad she's okay, too.

FaninAma
2/13/2007, 11:55 AM
I don't think Mrs. C&CD liked Little Blue. This is the second time she has tired to off the car...and this time she was successful. :D

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 12:04 PM
I don't think Mrs. C&CD liked Little Blue. This is the second time she has tired to off the car...and this time she was successful. :D

Except last time she got hit. This time she did the hitting. And her sense of humor ain't up to snuff either. She just glares at me when I call her "Crash."

FaninAma
2/13/2007, 12:17 PM
Except last time she got hit. This time she did the hitting. And her sense of humor ain't up to snuff either. She just glares at me when I call her "Crash."

It's Freudian. Freud had women figured out.

sooner n houston
2/13/2007, 12:31 PM
I had a similar accident once when I lived in Dallas. Some dude stopped in the right lane of Harry Hines because his mirror fell off in the road and he wanted to pick it up. I was in the left lane behind a semi, saw an opening in the right lane, accelerated out from behind the truck only to see and hit said dude!

BeetDigger
2/13/2007, 12:58 PM
Yes, she should have pushed the car to the side of the road, but the first question is "Who runs out of gas?" They've even tried to idiot proof the whole thing by putting lights in the gauge to warn you that you are low, in case you are too stupid to look at the guage and determine that by yourself.

:les: There's a freakin gas station on every corner - put some gas in.

OU4LIFE
2/13/2007, 12:59 PM
I don't get it

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2007, 01:20 PM
Glad to hear she is OK.

sooneron
2/13/2007, 01:47 PM
I had a similar accident once when I lived in Dallas. Some dude stopped in the right lane of Harry Hines because his mirror fell off in the road and he wanted to pick it up. I was in the left lane behind a semi, saw an opening in the right lane, accelerated out from behind the truck only to see and hit said dude!
So you were passing a semi on the right?

Just checking

Jerk nip

IB4OU2
2/13/2007, 01:47 PM
A new car for Valentines Day would probably make her feel alot better Dean.

sooneron
2/13/2007, 01:49 PM
Get her a bmw

[ducks]

Dio
2/13/2007, 01:51 PM
The only good Ford Echo is a dead Ford Echo. That's just one less car driving 50 in the damn passing lane.

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 01:54 PM
A new car for Valentines Day would probably make her feel alot better Dean.

We normally don't do gifts for birthdays, anniverary, valentines, etc. However, this year I broke down. A couple weeks ago she was washing the car with my pressure washer and she managed to get the pressure hose across the exhaust and burned a hole in it. Water was going everywhere.

So, I just stopped at Lowe's at lunch today and bought her a new hose for the pressure washer. I even wrapped it up. Tell me I ain't gonna get me some on Valentines...

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 01:55 PM
The only good Ford Echo is a dead Ford Echo. That's just one less car driving 50 in the damn passing lane.

It's a ****ing Toyota, and the only thing you'll see is tail lights fading into the distance if you're behind momma driving it. She sets the cruise at about 85.

Dio
2/13/2007, 01:55 PM
Seriously, Echos and Neons have no business in the left lane. EVAR.

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2007, 01:57 PM
Can you tell where a fart originated in an Echo?

Pricetag
2/13/2007, 01:57 PM
So, I just stopped at Lowe's at lunch today and bought her a new hose for the pressure washer. I even wrapped it up. Tell me I ain't gonna get me some high-pressure water up the arse on Valentines...
At least, that's what I'd get.

Dio
2/13/2007, 01:59 PM
It's a ****ing Toyota, and the only thing you'll see is tail lights fading into the distance if you're behind momma driving it. She sets the cruise at about 85.

Dean, I'm saying your wife did the world a favor taking that Echo out.

royalfan5
2/13/2007, 02:00 PM
I'd get her a Buick or a Bonneville. My mom loves to drive those old land yatch's cause they are indestructable and heavy. Had she been driving a 78 Bonneville like my Mom has, she probably could have drove it home.

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 02:02 PM
I ain't getting her ****. She wrecked the damn thing, not me.

sooneron
2/13/2007, 02:02 PM
RIP....

http://www.eurofusion.net/admin/data/upimages/mr_ecko.jpg

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 02:04 PM
Dean, I'm saying your wife did the world a favor taking that Echo out.

No, she didn't. That thing got 40+ mpg. It's a 2002 model and had over 110,000 miles on it. All I did to it was put front brake pads on it and one set of tires.

You're trying to equate a car with stupid people. Stupid people drive little cars, and stupid people drive big cars. Just because you've seen stupid people in little cars doesn't mean the cars are bad. It just means the people are stupid.

royalfan5
2/13/2007, 02:04 PM
I ain't getting her ****. She wrecked the damn thing, not me.
Tell her to buy one then. You can't beat old Detriot steel, plus they are easy to work on.

IB4OU2
2/13/2007, 02:05 PM
We normally don't do gifts for birthdays, anniverary, valentines, etc. However, this year I broke down. A couple weeks ago she was washing the car with my pressure washer and she managed to get the pressure hose across the exhaust and burned a hole in it. Water was going everywhere.

So, I just stopped at Lowe's at lunch today and bought her a new hose for the pressure washer. I even wrapped it up. Tell me I ain't gonna get me some on Valentines...

Yeah, I bet you get some....:eek: btw, I don't normally get my wife much on VD but this will be our 30th year together so I'm going to make it a special year for her since she's put up with my sorry a** this long.

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I bet you get some....:eek: btw, I don't normally get my wife much on VD but this will be our 30th year together so I'm going to make it a special year for her since she's put up with my sorry a** this long.

You gave your wife VD? Bastage.

Dio
2/13/2007, 02:10 PM
My bad- I thought she hit the Echo- carry on.

IB4OU2
2/13/2007, 02:10 PM
You gave your wife VD? Bastage.

Well, after 30 years it's the gift that keeps on giving...

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2007, 02:14 PM
Well, after 30 years it's the gift that keeps on giving...
tell me about it..........

I kid.....I kid

BeetDigger
2/13/2007, 03:47 PM
Dean posts that he got his wife a new hose and none of you losers hit that hanging curve ball out of the park. Sheesh.

Mrs. Dean: "I'm not the one in this house who needs a new hose."

:D

Czar Soonerov
2/13/2007, 03:52 PM
So she was looking at some dude's *** and she hit a parked car? :hot:

I guess VK's horse hitting drama wasn't so bad.

Viking Kitten
2/13/2007, 03:53 PM
She'll probably get a new car out of the deal. :mad:

BigRedJed
2/13/2007, 03:58 PM
Mommy hit abandoned car!!

Nope. Just doesn't have the same ring.

Viking Kitten
2/13/2007, 04:01 PM
Heh.

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah. Echo Slayer just sounds so weak when compared to Equine Slayer.

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 05:07 PM
And for all of you worried about what she's driving I've put her back in the Toyota 4-Runner. Hell, the front yard looks like a used truck lot anyhow, so one less vehicle out there won't really matter.

jk the sooner fan
2/13/2007, 05:08 PM
i thought for sure you'd have her pulling the fifth wheel around.... :)

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 05:10 PM
i thought for sure you'd have her pulling the fifth wheel around.... :)

with a harness...

jk the sooner fan
2/13/2007, 05:13 PM
heh

KC//CRIMSON
2/13/2007, 05:29 PM

So, I just stopped at Lowe's at lunch today and bought her a new hose for the pressure washer. I even wrapped it up. Tell me I ain't gonna get me a high-powered enema on Valentines Day......

solid.

AlbqSooner
2/13/2007, 09:34 PM
No one has asked and given the facts of the accident, I gotta know. Were the rearview mirrors all busted on that vehicle BEFORE you decided to give it to her?

Glad she is ok.