PDA

View Full Version : So much for being proactive

1stTimeCaller
2/12/2007, 11:20 PM
The boss sent me paperwork saying that I needed to be in Coalgate for a well to start either Sun or Mon. I stopped by on my way from Tulsa to Ardmore on Sunday. The company man and toolpusher said that it would be Thursday at the earliest. I ask if I could drop my house off on location, do just that and head out.

I emailed the office letting them know about my findings. Around noon I get an email with paperwork sending me to Rhome, TX. Gotta be there by 10am tomorrow. I'm headed there now after leaving Ardmore to retreive my house in Coalgate.:mad:

I really wanted to be on that well in Coalgate. SE Oklahoma is a 25 day minimum job, N Texas is a 15 day max. I like those long jobs. Slow drilling is your friend. 30ft/hr max in SE OK vs. 190ft./hr in N TX.

I'd like to pat myself on the back for catching that they sent paperwork for a job in Lillian, TX at first when they should have sent paperwork for Rhome, TX. That would have been a huge mistake to have 4 MWDs at one job and zero at another.

See ya on down the road.

SoonerTerry
2/12/2007, 11:23 PM
What the hell is your job?

picasso
2/12/2007, 11:29 PM
I went to Coalgate a few years ago for a high school football playoff game.
they left the scoreboard on showing the previous week's score, long before kickoff. so naturally it went caput before the game started.

it was weak. and the place was a craphole.

have fun.

jacru
2/12/2007, 11:30 PM
Sometimes the SO is "Dear Diary". NTTAWWT.

RacerX
2/12/2007, 11:33 PM
and the place was a craphole.

That's being nice.

MamaMia
2/12/2007, 11:34 PM
There is a collector of many signs who lives right off the highway in Coalgate. How ironic that I was just discussing this with a SO buddy of mine. Well, safe trip 1stTC. :)

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2007, 12:31 AM
What the hell is your job?
I'm an MWD. Measurement While Drilling person. I help the directional driller steer the bit for horizontal gas wells and I make logs. It's very exciting and it takes me exotic locales like Cottonwood, OK, Briar, TX, Coalgate, OK, Rhome, TX and other tourist hotspots.

Apparently Cousin Eddie's lights are not working. Thank you Mr. Calera Police Officer. The brake lights and turn signals are working so he told me to just turn my hazard lights on and fix it later. I'm now in Gainsville at the Sack-n-Save parking lot and I jiggled the wire but they still don't work.

Has anyone used prophylactic in a copy cat thread yet?

picasso
2/13/2007, 12:37 AM
Has anyone used prophylactic in a copy cat thread yet?

no but I DID use one with Sally Jane Rottencrotch.

olevetonahill
2/13/2007, 12:43 AM
True story about coalgate
I was on a call had my #3 future ex with me , she had on sexy shorts and stuff . I was driving a conversion van . needless to say I get pulled over by a Trooper .
Dude asked me if I had a reason to be speeding ? I said Nosir , I wasnt paying attention . He asked me what i had been doing ? I said looking at my future#3 exs legs . He LOL and tells me to pull over up the road at a rest area !:D :D :D

picasso
2/13/2007, 12:47 AM
pullover!!!!!

no, they're daisy dukes but thanks ferr askin.

olevetonahill
2/13/2007, 12:50 AM
pullover!!!!!

no, they're daisy dukes but thanks ferr askin.
She was hot then
3 yrs later shes a stone cold skank !

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2007, 02:14 AM
anybody ever been to Rhome? It appears to be a Mobil, a Wells Fargo a Shell, a Subway and a Wise Liquor.

heckuva a town.

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2007, 07:00 AM
the owner of the Mobil gas station just had the Police wake me up. The officer was very nice and he gave me directions to where I needed to go.

OUinFLA
2/13/2007, 08:04 AM
anybody ever been to Rhome? It appears to be a Mobil, a Wells Fargo a Shell, a Subway and a Wise Liquor.

heckuva a town.

You have the Cousin Eddie II.
You have two choices for fuel, a place to get money, a fine dining establishment, and a store supplying medication to enhance your smooth talking pickup lines. Sounds to me like all you need is a woman or two.

Is there a high school nearby?

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2007, 08:16 AM
Errbody else - 2
1TC - 0

Someone's haing a good laugh right now. I show up, go introduce myself to the company man.
"Hi, I'm 1TC, MWD extrodinaire <extends hand for handshake>"
Company man, "WTF are you doing here? I told your office I didn't need you until tomorrow or possibly Thursday"
1TC: I was told to be here NLT 0800 today. I'm sorry my office never relayed the message to me. I'm going to leave Cousin Eddie II in your care, here's my number if you need me"
CM: I said that I don't need you until tomorrow or Thursday. Did you not hear me?
1TC: I was told to be here today, call the office bitch at them, I was told to be here today, I'll show you the email if you want. I'm not dragging Eddie back to Oklahoma. Where do you want me to put him? <retracts hand from pre handshake position>
CM: Next to the toolpusher's trailer, by your tools. <shakes head>

Since Sunday morining here is my travel log.
Tulsa to Coalgate to Ardmore to Coalgate to Rhome. I don't know if I will go to Ardmore or stay in the DFW area in a few minutes.

Petro-Sooner
2/13/2007, 08:57 AM
How far out does the bit go to get horizontal to the surface? Directional drilling has always amased me.

Petro-Sooner
2/13/2007, 09:05 AM
MWD is a fairly new technology right? Not done on all wells?

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2007, 09:13 AM
Be nice to the place.

Rhome was built in a day.

SoonerBorn68
2/13/2007, 09:21 AM
Heh. After 15 days of drilling down in Coalgate, they're cementing & starting over. I'll be sitting at the house until the call & say they're ready.

OUDoc
2/13/2007, 09:25 AM
the owner of the Mobil gas station just had the Police wake me up.
So they are back together again! What'd they sing to you?

SoonerBorn68
2/13/2007, 09:25 AM
How far out does the bit go to get horizontal to the surface? Directional drilling has always amased me.

The well I'm on the MD was 7700 ft., the TVD was 7400, & the bit was at 89 degrees. It depends on the build rate but it usually takes about 800 ft to build the curve.

The plan is to TD at about 12K with about 4K feet of lateral.

Petro-Sooner
2/13/2007, 09:32 AM
How do they get the bit to kick off at an angle?

SoonerBorn68
2/13/2007, 09:37 AM
The directional motor has an adjustable bend in it. They don't rotary drill--they line up the bend in the direction they want (that's where we come in) & put the weight to it. They call that "sliding".

Picture the bend in a flexible straw.

SoonerBorn68
2/13/2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.geo.wvu.edu/~jtoro/Petroleum/petroleum_figs/review3/drilling/deviation.jpg

Petro-Sooner
2/13/2007, 09:47 AM
I take it wire line logs cant be run once borehole kicks at an angle? Also when they go to set casing in the directional borehole is it difficult to get cement on the bottom side of the actual casing since its setting on the formation?

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2007, 10:25 AM
they can still do wireline when we are done. I have no idea about cementing.

MWD really got started in the 70s with a company called Teleco. It has become popular in the last decade. The technology is cheaper and better.

We can decode a pulse to about 20,000 feet anything deeper than that and our pulsers don't have enough oomph send the pulse to the surface.

JohnnyMack
2/13/2007, 10:27 AM
on my way from Tulsa

Thanks for callin'. Assface.

oilmud
2/13/2007, 12:28 PM
I take it wire line logs cant be run once borehole kicks at an angle? Also when they go to set casing in the directional borehole is it difficult to get cement on the bottom side of the actual casing since its setting on the formation?

They can run centralizers to keep the casing centered, no sweat.

BeetDigger
2/13/2007, 12:52 PM
So they are back together again! What'd they sing to you?

Nothing. They just handed him a message in a bottle.