PDA

View Full Version : osu looks B-A-D!!

jdsooner
2/12/2007, 11:01 PM
Down 83-54 and they lose by 29. We are still ahead of them in the Big 12 standings. If we finish ahead of them, do they go NIT?

Mixer!
2/12/2007, 11:36 PM
I'm tired of hearing about their RPI, and their neutral court wins over Big East teams. Fact is, they SUCK away from their barn.
They play sloppy, undisciplined ball, and Sutton's not cracking their asses back into line just so he can say he's not his old man. How many more Big Monday games do they get anyway?
:eddie:

runner1182
2/12/2007, 11:39 PM
yeah we will probably get screwed and osu will get the invite to the big dance! we deserve a invite way more than stoolwaters boys right now!:D

tommieharris91
2/13/2007, 12:02 AM
You should see the meltdown at orangepower.com

jdsooner
2/13/2007, 12:31 AM
They are asking if Sean Sutton is osu's Joey Meyer.

GottaHavePride
2/13/2007, 12:41 AM
nm

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 12:43 AM
i have to say, I am really into Capel's defensive philosophy. I was in Norman/OKC during the ****** game and I can only imagine what OUr team is gonna look like when Capel starts landing his own talent to do that stuff. We really have a good team out there right now, and they're not just good because of high-scoring shootouts ala Sampson's teams. Not trying to take anything away from KS, but the only real weakness I'm seeing is just skill. I mean, you can run Capel's system all day long, but you need guys who can drain 3's, and hit big shots. We're kind of hot-and-cold on the big shots, but we still end up in games that we "technically" shouldn't still be in at times.

Anyone else understand kinda what I'm talking about? I also enjoy the fact that Cpael controls himself and doesn't charge the court like SS does down in the Stool.

birddog
2/13/2007, 12:45 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=33062

thanks for nothin'.

:D

Collier11
2/13/2007, 01:37 AM
what is funny is they are so dillusional...they lose by 29 and they are ripping their own fans for saying that the team is bad??

SleestakSooner
2/13/2007, 01:52 AM
It is hard to read, all that orange gives me a splitting headache and reminds me of my high school days. :eek:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/13/2007, 09:36 AM
OSU is really in a free-fall. They are going from a top 10 team to a bubble team in 3 weeks. This might be an example of how there isn't necessarily a magic # of overall wins to make the tourney. They are sitting on 19 wins right now but at 5-5 they probably need at least 3 more wins to make the tourney.

Plus they looked like they flat out quit last night. It is starting to get warm in the hamster wheel.

lubbocksooner
2/13/2007, 09:48 AM
I imagine that only having what 7-8 people who can play and playing them a lot is starting to take its toll. They have some talent but what they need right now is rest. I don't think they have anything left in their tank for the post season.

OSUAggie
2/13/2007, 10:00 AM
OSU is not going to miss the tourney, even after posting another ugly loss on the road. Orangepower is full of morons and students, which is typically one in the same. This team is not in meltdown mode. They do, however, suck balls away from home. They're tired. If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/13/2007, 10:36 AM
OSU is not going to miss the tourney, even after posting another ugly loss on the road. Orangepower is full of morons and students, which is typically one in the same. This team is not in meltdown mode. They do, however, suck balls away from home. They're tired. If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely.

If you add "probably" in front of not, I'd at least agree with you that you should but I have to disagree on the team not being in meltdown mode. They were mailing it in the end of the game yesterday. It was pretty apparent. You are not a "lock" at this point.

Plus I know in the end it doesn't matter in the standings if you win at home by 1 or by 20 but even at home you are fortunate to have beaten Tex, OU,TT and Bay. ISU gave you a test for a while too. Those 5 wins are by an average of 5 points. Not exactly dominant on the home court. Meanwhile you are losing by an average of 17 points a game on the road.

I think you beat MU who other than 1-2 games has been terrible since conference play started and I can see you beating KSU at home. I think A&M at home, @Bay,@TT and @Neb are all probably losses though and 7-9 in the league is going to make it tough to make the tourney. Even 8-8 could make it tough.

OSUAggie
2/13/2007, 10:44 AM
We mail in games all the time. This is nothing new. We mailed in games in 2004 (BYU @TT). It doesn't mean the team is quitting.

Chalking up all of these future losses is a bit unfair. Although we're "barely winning" our home games, we're still undfefeated at home. The law of averages will give us a win or two in the remaining road games. They'll be fine. Round of 32, possibly Sweet 16 team. Nothing more than that.

NormanPride
2/13/2007, 11:17 AM
The fact that you consider osu a sweet 16 team right now means you need to put down the orange cool-aid. Seriously.

Mixer!
2/13/2007, 11:18 AM
Hmmm...this looks like a question for the Sports Book.
''Does oSu get into the big dance?'' 200 says no...
:pop:

OSUAggie
2/13/2007, 11:19 AM
Just trying to sober up.

Rhino
2/13/2007, 11:23 AM
If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely. In terms of another body, maybe. After he comes back, it's going to take him 3-5 games just to get back to feeling sorta-comfortable out there.

OSUAggie
2/13/2007, 11:27 AM
Anybody else think Boggan sucks?

Flagstaffsooner
2/13/2007, 11:44 AM
Well, son of a sot!

NormanPride
2/13/2007, 01:29 PM
Boggan doesn't suck, he just suffers from everyone staring at him and expecting him to do all the work. Curry was defended well last night, and Boggan isn't a world-beater, so the team couldn't score well enough. Dove really needs to learn how to drive the basket and finish. He's got all the physical tools to be another Wade or Ginobili, he just needs to DO it. That, and you really need another big man that can do something more than sit there and foul.

MikeInNorman
2/13/2007, 01:41 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder if Aggy can compete for a spot in the Big 12 upper division....

fwsooner22
2/13/2007, 01:44 PM
The thing that should scare "aggy" is they have a new coach and their team is not improving......... it is falling off........I know what would happen around here if things were not improving with a first year coach.............

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/13/2007, 02:10 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder if Aggy can compete for a spot in the Big 12 upper division....

That's my line....:D :D :D

birddog
2/13/2007, 04:33 PM
The thing that should scare "aggy" is they have a new coach and their team is not improving......... it is falling off........I know what would happen around here if things were not improving with a first year coach.............

expectations around here were very low to start, considering we have a first year coach and alot of young players. we were never ranked in the top 10 this year, like aggy.

i mean, our record isn't great and some of us are ectatic because of where we are. if we were 8-14 we'd be talking about the future under capel and what he'd do when he as a roster full of talent.

OU4LIFE
2/14/2007, 08:12 AM
Anybody else think Boggan sucks?

Is this a trick question? Does he wear orange?

the answers the same either way.

MichiganSooner
2/14/2007, 10:34 PM
If the NCAA selection committee does their homework rather than simply look at won-loss records, OSU will be lucky to get in at all. OSU's home schedule before the Conference games was absolutely pathetic. Lots of Div 2 teams and/or the lowest of the D1's. There is no reason to schedule that way. OU played a couple "In Exhibition". A game with TN which is considered a "quality win" by OSU fans becase they are from the SEC. Big deal; FL beat TN by about 40 points. A true quality win against Auburn and Pitt. With the blow-outs at Kansas, A&M, TX, and the rest of the Big 12, tells me and should tell the selection committee that the Cowboys do not belong this year.
Maybe Obi will be able to come back and help out. But IMO far, the Pokes are truly overrated and that last statement is the truth to me; not just a chant for a rivalry game.

OSUAggie
2/15/2007, 10:05 AM
Just..... wow..

If the NCAA selection committee does their homework rather than simply look at won-loss records, OSU will be lucky to get in at all.

k..... 19-6, top-25 RPI.

OSU's home schedule before the Conference games was absolutely pathetic. Lots of Div 2 teams and/or the lowest of the D1's. There is no reason to schedule that way.

The only non-division 1-A team OSU played was SWOSU, and that game was scheduled to fill the void left by ESPN after they assured us they would get a marquee name into GIA this year. Sean made 85 calls to programs across the country attempting to get a home-and-home series and/or a marquee game in GIA and it didn't happen. It's not easy to find teams that are willing to come in and play.

OU played a couple "In Exhibition". A game with TN which is considered a "quality win" by OSU fans becase they are from the SEC. Big deal; FL beat TN by about 40 points. A true quality win against Auburn and Pitt. With the blow-outs at Kansas, A&M, TX, and the rest of the Big 12, tells me and should tell the selection committee that the Cowboys do not belong this year.

First off, OSU lost @ Tennessee by 2 (the only non-conference loss).

Secondly, wins against Pitt, Syracuse (in the Garden) and Missouri State (top-30 RPI) in non-conference play coupled with the lone loss to Tennessee constitute an extremely productive non-conference slate. If you think otherwise you're delusional. The Auburn win isn't really worth mentioning. OSU also won a tournament against a field that included Wisconsin (25-2, #3 in the country).

Maybe Obi will be able to come back and help out. But IMO far, the Pokes are truly overrated and that last statement is the truth to me; not just a chant for a rivalry game.

How eloquent.. :tear:

Overrated is a dumb chant. It completely belittles your W.

Crimsontothecore
2/15/2007, 10:40 AM
Sean made 85 calls to programs across the country attempting to get a home-and-home series and/or a marquee game in GIA and it didn't happen. It's not easy to find teams that are willing to come in and play.

Probably not a lot of teams with all their players current on tetanus shots.:D

MichiganSooner
2/15/2007, 01:54 PM
Regarding SW OK State being the only D2 team on OSU's schedule, I apologize if I have the facts wrong. But isn't Pittsburg State of Kansas Div 2? It was when I lived in SE KS in the 1990's. How about Oklahoma Baptist, Northwestern Ok State of Alva? I do not know the classification of TX A&M at Corpus Christi, TX Southern, Sam Houston State, or Southern?

More importantly, are devastating losses against Big 12 teams. 57-87 to KU;49-67 to A&M; 54-83 to TX. Those teams are NCAA tournament quality teams. If a team can't play well against the quality of teams they will face in the NCAA, during the regular season, then why should the team be selected to participate? They were on the road. So what, where are NCAA games played?

tommieharris91
2/15/2007, 02:06 PM
Regarding SW OK State being the only D2 team on OSU's schedule, I apologize if I have the facts wrong. But isn't Pittsburg State of Kansas Div 2? It was when I lived in SE KS in the 1990's. How about Oklahoma Baptist, Northwestern Ok State of Alva? I do not know the classification of TX A&M at Corpus Christi, TX Southern, Sam Houston State, or Southern?

More importantly, are devastating losses against Big 12 teams. 57-87 to KU;49-67 to A&M; 54-83 to TX. Those teams are NCAA tournament quality teams. If a team can't play well against the quality of teams they will face in the NCAA, during the regular season, then why should the team be selected to participate? They were on the road. So what, where are NCAA games played?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jello Biafra
2/15/2007, 02:55 PM
. The law of averages will give us a win or two in the remaining road games. .

so doesn't it stand to reason that the law of averages will give you a loss or two at your home raquetball court ?

OSUAggie
2/15/2007, 03:32 PM

Pitt State and OBU were exhibition games.... Most college teams are playing NAIA or lower division opponents for their exhibition games now instead of the traveling "pro" squads. Since they are exhibition games, they have no bearing on the W-L record during the season.

TAMUCC, TSU, SHSU and SU are all Div 1-A teams.

NCAA games are played at neutral sites. For the record, OSU has fared faily well @ neutral site games (all of their marquee non-con wins were neutral site games, as well as their only loss).

A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if you lose by 50 or 1, it counts the same. The losses aren't quite as damning as many suggest.

GoState
2/15/2007, 03:37 PM

SWOSU is the only non Div1 team that counts towards our record. I hate that we scheduled them.

Both Pittsburg State and OBU were played as exhibitions, so they don't count towards our record. I miss being able to play those exhibition teams made up of former college players.

Southern (6-19) is a Div 1 team in the SWAC conference. While they have a horrible record this year, they were an NCAA tournament team last year (played Duke in the first round).

TAMU CC (18-5) is a Div 1 team in the Southland conference (Northwestern (LA) State is in the conference and had that nice run in the NCAA this past season).

Sam Houston State (18-7) is also in the Southland conference.

Texas Southern (12-11) is in the SWAC conference.

I agree that our losses are incredibly bad. I saw a stat that showed that our average margin of victory over Big 12 teams in GIA is around 5 and the average margin of defeat on the road to Big 12 teams is nearing 20. Ouch. In any case, we've done better on "neutral" courts than on true road games. And all NCAA games are at neutral sites (some more neutral than others...). Yes, having Pitt in OKC doesn't truly mean "neutral", but neither does playing Syracuse in MSG or Tennessee in Nashville. We have some solid wins and some bad losses. Our overall schedule is pretty good.

Unless we get back to actually playing some good ball, it won't matter (if) where we're seeded though...

GoState
2/15/2007, 03:39 PM
Ooops. I didn't know OSUAggie was working on a similar post at the same time.

Jello Biafra
2/15/2007, 04:55 PM
Ooops. I didn't know OSUAggie was working on a similar corner at the same time.

fixed.

MichiganSooner
2/15/2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks GoState. I stand corrected. I am knew to Oklahoma but know that basketball is their big sport (besides wrestling and golf). I consider them a national contender like KU every year. Would like to see them take on the likes of Duke, Wake, NC, KY, UCLA, Zona in preconference. Step up to the plate with the big dogs. Don't mean to be overly critical of your team but getting blown out by 50 versus 1 point is a major difference whether or not it only counts as one loss either way.

There is no doubt the Cowboys have had a difficult season. And as far as my earlier comment about the potential impact on Obi, I hope he does come back and play as he did early in the season. I saw Obi play against our high school's team in the high school Final Four twice; he is a PTPlayer.

stoopified
2/15/2007, 07:18 PM
They are asking if Sean Sutton is osu's Joey Meyer.I can answer that.YES.

jdsooner
2/17/2007, 06:18 PM
As I was saying. . . .goodbye top 20!

tommieharris91
2/18/2007, 03:29 AM
Looks like y'all will be joining us in the NIT.

Soonerus
2/18/2007, 09:37 AM
Thank goodness Sean is not our coach...

Jello Biafra
2/18/2007, 09:57 AM
so doesn't it stand to reason that the law of averages will give you a loss or two at your home raquetball court ?

:eek:

stoopified
2/18/2007, 11:20 AM
After that great start oSu had(15-1 they have managed to go 4-6 to arrive at their current 19-7(5-6 conf.)Even IF the pokes can finish 3-2,they will only finish 8-8 in conference.Their overall record of22-9 will be deceptively good.Assuming the selection comitte looks at their poor performance in their last 10(its supposed to be criteria) and the conference finish(middle of the pack in a sub-par Big 12)oSu is doomed to NIT.Sure with a 4-1 or 5-0 finsh to the season they could make THE DANCE,but the same could be saidof OU IF we win OUr last4(at Mu,UT,KU,at KSU plus a win in Big 12 tourneywould mean a 5-1 finish and 20-11 mark with 2 big time wins late vs.UT,KU and possibly KSU could be a quality win..I don't expect either scenario to play out BUT we expected,even hoped to finish the year NIT worthy with a new coach and loss of 80% of a stellar recruiting class,the TRAMPOLINE TRIO(they bounced outta here in a hurry)defecting AND Clark being injured.Capel is accomplishing ALL he can under the circumstances,can the same be said of Mr. Floppy(Sutton).Why is it that man can't stand up:D?He is always flopping around.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2007, 09:43 AM
That game with MU was strange. It just looked like OSU lost solely based on conditioning. OSU already has depth issues and add to that there are 2-3 guys that could stand to mix in a salad. MU didn't really play all that great to win the game as much as OSU simply ran out of gas. At least 2-3 times I watched MU's guards dribble right through 3-4 defenders for lay-ups.

Maybe they have a shot at home against a team like A&M that plays a slower tempo but I've never seen a basketball team as out of shape this late in the year.

wishbonesooner
2/19/2007, 10:35 AM
Sean is not the boy genius the Pokes thought he was. Being down to 7 players is tough, but he should have thought of that. If his last name was not Sutton, he'd be gone by the end of next season.
I heard T-Bone didn't like him. Kiss of death.

Mixer!
2/19/2007, 10:50 AM
Poor Super Mario: stuck on a team full of Goombas and Koopas, and coached by Bowser Jr. (with Bowser attending every practice & game). :D

StanberryWasIn
2/20/2007, 12:54 PM
Way I see it, State loses to A&M tomorrow and at Texas Tech Saturday. If they win their next 3 (no guarantee, but they should) and are one and done or win only one in the Big XII tournament, they're in the NIT. That's pretty stunning for a team with their great start to the season.

We're also likely in the NIT, although I'd feel better about that if we won a couple down the stretch. Either way, even being in the discussion is not bad for a season that was predicted by quite a few people was going to be disastrous.

In all, I like what I've seen from Capel so far and I'd take our chances to be good a few years down the road with him rather than Payne County J.C.'s with S. Sutton at the helm.

MichiganSooner
2/21/2007, 10:54 PM
New name for Gallagher Iba Arena: "The Morgue-America's Quietest Fans".

tommieharris91
2/21/2007, 11:27 PM
New name for Gallagher Iba Arena: "The Morgue-America's Quietest Fans".

OU fans have no right to call another fanbase quiet.

SoonerDood
2/22/2007, 12:08 AM
true, but we aren't the "Self-Proclaimed Greatest Fans in America."

Jello Biafra
2/22/2007, 12:21 AM
true, but we aren't the "Self-Proclaimed Greatest Fans in America."

i know thassss right.....

noone respects them for their 192 national championships in wrastlin..
" " " " ummmm zero national championships in football.
they hang their hat on the basketball team and now i see them threatening to not watch the team play until sean sutton goes rofl..... they call US fair weather fans???

Mixer!
2/22/2007, 12:41 AM
What's Gillispie smoking?

"The margin of victory means absolutely nothing. You either win or you lose," Gillispie said. "To win means a lot because you're playing against a really good team, an NCAA tournament team."

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/22/2007, 09:11 AM

Point taken but I disagree in this case. OSU had a bunch of empty seats and the crowd wasn't just quiet most of the time, they spent as much time booing as cheering.

OSU has pretty much quit. They may not win another game this year.

The_Red_Patriot
2/22/2007, 10:13 AM
atleast they show up for games.

OU fans suck at supporting basketball.

We showed up to like three games this year.

Boomer.....
2/22/2007, 10:35 AM
atleast they show up for games.

OU fans suck at supporting basketball.

We showed up to like three games this year.
Yes, but they are a basketball school. Can you imagine an OU football game now-a-days not selling out and fans booing?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/22/2007, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=The_Red_Patriot]atleast they show up for games.

QUOTE]

At MOST they show up for games. I totally agree our fan support could be much better but they were booing their team last night. I don't think OU has claimed that LNC is a "Hallowed ground" of basketball or that we have the best fans. It it just interesting to see OSU exposed. I'd probably rather play in front of no crowd than a booing home crowd though.

NormanPride
2/22/2007, 10:52 AM
I'd boo that performance as well. A&M cruise controlled the whole game.

poke4christ
2/22/2007, 10:53 AM
I wasn't part of it, but I guarantee LNC would be booing too. Right now, I'd much rather have OU's team then this one. They aren't as talented, but they got a much better shot a going deep in the NIT. I've finally come to the conclusion that it's the players (most of them). I just don't think they care. I think they are full of themselves and only playing for themselves.

fwsooner22
2/22/2007, 11:05 AM
How would you like to be an Aggie "early signee"????? Whew......

Sean is not gonna make it........I love it when he is trying to complain to his assistants and they have that "shut the #$%^ up" look on their faces. What a mess.

fwsooner22
2/22/2007, 11:11 AM
I wasn't part of it, but I guarantee LNC would be booing too. Right now, I'd much rather have OU's team then this one. They aren't as talented, but they got a much better shot a going deep in the NIT. I've finally come to the conclusion that it's the players (most of them). I just don't think they care. I think they are full of themselves and only playing for themselves.

What does LNC have to do with it....You are THE basketball school in Oklahoma, right?.....Biggest bunch of blowhards in the Big XII.......You are not Kansas, You are not Duke, You are Not Indiana, You are Aggie and Aggie will always find a way to stink it up.....This time you are setting records for how to collapse....This coach has no clue how to stop the bleeding.....You have not died yet.....you are just dying........Lastly, don't try to make yourself feel better by saying you'd rather be a sooner.....that doesn't fly........:D :D :D

wishbonesooner
2/22/2007, 12:02 PM
I'll go you one more poke4, they are also poorly coached. Sean is no Eddie. You all thought that being around his old man would make him a great coach, the truth is, he isn't close. If a team isblowing by you for uncontested layups, you at least make them pay with a tough block or something. Sean is clueless on how to stop anything. OSU is having problems getting the ball inbounds! If he was a new coach coming into a program and had to clean house, that would be one thing. HE recruited these players, OSU's problems are Sean's fault. TBoone will have him out of Stillwater by this time next year.

stoopified
2/22/2007, 12:06 PM
I'll go you one more poke4, they are also poorly coached. Sean is no Eddie. You all thought that being around his old man would make him a great coach, the truth is, he isn't close. If he was a new coach coming into a program and had to clean house, that would be one thing. HE recruited these players, OSU's problems are Sean's fault. TBoone will have him out of Stillwater by this time next year.I hope not.:) I bet he gets at least 2 more years after this to turn it around.After all Daddy has a lot of suck,I mean pull in Stillwater.

MikeInNorman
2/22/2007, 01:54 PM
I imagine it going down this way:

EDDIE: Harry, you guys owe me for rescuing this crappy basketball program, even though this was the only job I could get. Now then, here's the payback: Sean is going to take over when I'm done. If it doesn't happen, I'll split faster than those polyester pants of yours and leave you in a giant puddle of probation, just like Kentucky!

BIRDWELL: Ratb...errr...SEAN!?!?!?...oh yes, of course, Coach! No, no reason to leave or anything, we'll be uh...HAPPY, yes, happy, that's it, to take Ra..errr, Sean. But wouldn't you like to sign this new contract and promise you'll stay for 5 more years or so?

SIX MONTHS LATER......

BIRDWELL, cell phone call: Eddie, come over to my office quick! What do you mean you're at a middle school...doing WHAT??...never mind! Just get here quickly. Pickens is taking over everything and they are running me out of here asap! If we're going to get Ra...errr...Sean's deal signed, sealed, and delivered it's got to be NOW. Hurry!!

fwsooner22
2/22/2007, 02:02 PM
I imagine it going down this way:

EDDIE: Harry, you guys owe me for rescuing this crappy basketball program, even though this was the only job I could get. Now then, here's the payback: Sean is going to take over when I'm done. If it doesn't happen, I'll split faster than those polyester pants of yours and leave you in a giant puddle of probation, just like Kentucky!

BIRDWELL: Ratb...errr...SEAN!?!?!?...oh yes, of course, Coach! No, no reason to leave or anything, we'll be uh...HAPPY, yes, happy, that's it, to take Ra..errr, Sean. But wouldn't you like to sign this new contract and promise you'll stay for 5 more years or so?

SIX MONTHS LATER......

BIRDWELL, cell phone call: Eddie, come over to my office quick! What do you mean you're at a middle school...doing WHAT??...never mind! Just get here quickly. Pickens is taking over everything and they are running me out of here asap! If we're going to get Ra...errr...Sean's deal signed, sealed, and delivered it's got to be NOW. Hurry!!

That is hiliarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tommieharris91
2/22/2007, 02:38 PM

OU fans simply wouldn't go to the games. I think your fanbase has every right to quit on your basketball team, because it's clear the team has quit. Also, OU has to qualify for the NIT first. I can see OU losing out and finishing with a 14-15 record. It's not that OU is quitting on the season, it's just that every team on the schedule will be better than us, except for maybe whoever we play first in the Big 12 tournament.

poke4christ
2/22/2007, 04:37 PM
OU fans simply wouldn't go to the games. I think your fanbase has every right to quit on your basketball team, because it's clear the team has quit. Also, OU has to qualify for the NIT first. I can see OU losing out and finishing with a 14-15 record. It's not that OU is quitting on the season, it's just that every team on the schedule will be better than us, except for maybe whoever we play first in the Big 12 tournament.

Exactly, the difference between OU and OSU (interms of winning product) right now isn't that much. The major difference is that OU is playing their butts off to do it. OSU is acting like the teams should fall over and let them win. That's why I would much rather have OU's team right now. I think OU's future might look better than OSU's right now. I hope that the new players coming in can change the attitude and light a fire under the current guy's butts.

MichiganSooner
2/22/2007, 06:35 PM
OU fans don't go around saying, we have the loudest fans in all basketball... think about it...13,000 at GIA are really louder than 24,000 at Rupp or Dean Smith Center? I know, Dick Vitale said GIA is the loudest arena...big deal, DV says a lot of stuff in this enthusiastic broadcasts around the country. And the 24,000 at KY and NC aren't diehard basketball fans?

Anyway, my comment stating GIA is "The Morgue", was posted near the end of the A&M game, the worst point spread for a loss in a couple/few decades. Even Doug Gotlieb commented on the lack of support and asked what comes first--support from the fans or do fans react to effort and results of the players of the team. Personally, I have never booed my team or for that matter the opposing team. (I have booed the refs).

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2007, 09:33 AM
OU fans don't go around saying, we have the loudest fans in all basketball... think about it...13,000 at GIA are really louder than 24,000 at Rupp or Dean Smith Center? I know, Dick Vitale said GIA is the loudest arena...big deal, DV says a lot of stuff in this enthusiastic broadcasts around the country. And the 24,000 at KY and NC aren't diehard basketball fans?

Anyway, my comment stating GIA is "The Morgue", was posted near the end of the A&M game, the worst point spread for a loss in a couple/few decades. Even Doug Gotlieb commented on the lack of support and asked what comes first--support from the fans or do fans react to effort and results of the players of the team. Personally, I have never booed my team or for that matter the opposing team. (I have booed the refs).

Yeah you can always count on Dick Vitale to suck up to the home team at some point, that is when he isn't down between Coach K's knees.

Somewhat related to this if when my inlaws lived in Wisconsin my father-in-law liked to joke how the Green Bay Packer fans, often referred to as footballs best fans are largely the same people that seldom if ever showed up to a Milwaukee Brewers or Milwaukee Bucks game.

If OSU winds up hosting an NIT game lets see the attendace at GIA.

THE Roy Williams
2/23/2007, 10:38 PM
They will be a 1st round upset, probably one the yearly 12 defeats 5 upsets

MichiganSooner
3/15/2007, 09:02 PM
THE Roy Williams got it right. First round and out .....of the NIT, no less.

OU4LIFE
3/16/2007, 07:15 AM
after hearing Shaun itch about being left out of the NCAA's and all the talk about winning the NIT, I have to say that was sweet.

been damn quiet around the office the last couple a days.