PDA

View Full Version : Stoops rah rah???

Collier11
2/12/2007, 06:33 PM
Most of us only get to see the annoyed Stoops as pressers but we all hear about how players love playing for him and the such. Does anyone with access to the program or just a story in general have any accounts of interesting Stoops interactions. Stuff along the lines of Switzers "they dont know what champions are, we invented it" or Stoops saying at a meeting with the texas press where they were pumping up texas's recruiting class against OU's, that he would take his best 22 and play texas or anyone else in the country's best 22 any day, then walking out!

TheUnnamedSooner
2/12/2007, 06:38 PM
When Dio and I worked at the Albertson's on Robinson, he used to come in there a lot. He was always cordial and appreciated the "good game, coach" thing...

MichiganSooner
2/12/2007, 08:30 PM
My little story about Bob Stoops: Last fall, my wife and I wandered up Jenkins and ran into the Heisman Park ceremony for Steve Owens and so we hung out in the back by a rope surrounding the chairs that were set up for spectators. Anyway, the crowd parted during someone's speech for a cop walking rather quickly toward me. He held the rope up so the next guy could duck under it. When this guy stood up I realized I was face to face with Coach Stoops. Without even thinking, I extended my hand and said, "Hi Bob". Didn't even call him Coach or Mr. Stoops--"Hi Bob" just came out of my mouth. Anyway, he shook my hand and said "thanks for coming-it means so much to Steve (Owens)". And as quickly as it happened other people were speaking to him but he and the cop were rushing off to meet the team at the locker room.

Looking back on it, with a big game to be played, I think it was really cordial and polite on his part. Most coaches would have shoved a fan out of the way.

Also, I think it was tremendous on his part that he was even there for the ceremony as it was held on a gameday. I bet most coaches around the country would blow off attending something like this being held before a game.

birddog
2/12/2007, 08:59 PM
My little story about Bob Stoops: Last fall, my wife and I wandered up Jenkins and ran into the Heisman Park ceremony for Steve Owens and so we hung out in the back by a rope surrounding the chairs that were set up for spectators. Anyway, the crowd parted during someone's speech for a cop walking rather quickly toward me. He held the rope up so the next guy could duck under it. When this guy stood up I realized I was face to face with Coach Stoops. Without even thinking, I extended my hand and said, "Hi Bob". Didn't even call him Coach or Mr. Stoops--"Hi Bob" just came out of my mouth. Anyway, he shook my hand and said "thanks for coming-it means so much to Steve (Owens)". And as quickly as it happened other people were speaking to him but he and the cop were rushing off to meet the team at the locker room.

Looking back on it, with a big game to be played, I think it was really cordial and polite on his part. bill callahan and bob knight would have shoved a fan out of the way.

Also, I think it was tremendous on his part that he was even there for the ceremony as it was held on a gameday. I bet most coaches around the country would blow off attending something like this being held before a game.

fixed.

Oldnslo
2/12/2007, 09:38 PM
I was at the press conference where Bob talked about the new kids coming in. He was on-point at all times, almost lazer-like, even when he was being asked incredibly idiotic questions by the press. (my favorite was the one about converting our new bevvy of offensive linemen to defense. Bob said, "Who does that?" and let the guy mumble a second).

He was a hell of a lot nicer about it than I would have been. I wish he or Venables or Wilson had taken time for questions from the donors, but that's the way it goes. But the cool thing was that he met with the donors first, and made the press wait until he was done with us, instead of the other way around.

Oh, and he patted my buddy on the shoulder as he thanked the group of us for showing up.

MichiganSooner
2/12/2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for fixing it birddogbbq.

I always like watching the press conferences on TV to her how nice and diplomatically he handles all their dumb questions. Stoops is better than any politician at it.

I don't have the link anymore but several fans posted to Liberty Coach of the Year web site about Stoops taking players with him to see kids in the hospitals.

47straight
2/12/2007, 10:10 PM
Coach Stoops signed a ball for my brother-in-law who was dying through the hospice chaplain. Said to pass along that he was rooting for him.

goingoneight
2/12/2007, 11:19 PM

Looking back on it, with a big game to be played, I think it was really cordial and polite on his part. Bill Calahan and Bobby Knight would have shoved a fan out of the way. Mack Brown would have answered the questions for them.

fixed-ed again :D.

goingoneight
2/12/2007, 11:22 PM
My Bob Stoops moment...

OU/Texass 2000, I saw them (him and another assistant I didn't recognize) heading out of the stadium, I said "great job, coach!" and he replied... "we're not done yet!"

I've yet to see or speak with him since then, but I hear he's still around. :D Unless he's at Bama or Dallas by now.

Collier11
2/12/2007, 11:36 PM
All the personal stories are great guys and please keep adding them, but I would also like to hear some locker room stories or game day stories if anyone knows of any??

TheUnnamedSooner
2/13/2007, 11:08 AM
In 1999, at the beginning of the season, my buddy (whose name I will leave annonymous) was driving his jeep down Lindsey and was turning on to Jenkins. He wasn't paying attention, looked up, and had to slam on his brakes to almost hit someone crossing the street. That someone was Stoops, who just looked at him, then smiled and waived. Yep, my friend almost ended the Stoops era before it began....

setem
2/13/2007, 11:48 AM
In 1999, at the beginning of the season, my buddy (whose name I will leave annonymous) was driving his jeep down Lindsey and was turning on to Jenkins. He wasn't paying attention, looked up, and had to slam on his brakes to almost hit someone crossing the street. That someone was Stoops, who just looked at him, then smiled and waived. Yep, my friend almost ended the Stoops era before it began....

My story is almost like that. I was driving down Flood heading toward Lindsey and I was not paying attention. I ended up slaming head on into someone...that someone was Bob Stoops. He was just standing there in the middle of the street with my car wrapped around him. He stepped back gave a nod, smile and a wave, then went on his way. My car was destroyed and I was pretty messed up, but through my blood covered eyes I saw Bob and all his glory!

:pop:

Collier11
2/13/2007, 12:09 PM
you didnt get his OU gear dirty did you??? ;)

MamaMia
2/13/2007, 12:15 PM
A month before we won the Rose Bowl, my husband and I were introduced to Coach Stoops by a friend. As we were exchanging pleasantries, Mr.Stoops asked if we were going to be attending the Rose Bowl. My husband said yes, that we would be arriving in California on the 27th. He then suggested that we drop by the team hotel and explained that he and a few players would be in the lobby on certain days to meet and greet the folks. My husband told him that he went to school with one of the team doctors and that we planned to join him and his wife at the team hotel for brunch a couple of days before the game. Coach Stoops was so gracious and said "I hope to see you there."

You just knew that you were standing in the presence of greatness. I could feel a positive type of energy about him. I felt truly honored to have spoken with Coach Stoops.

A month later, we walk into the team hotel as Coach Stoops is leaving with Andre Woolfolk. He sees us, says that hes on his way to a press conference and asks if we have time to meet some of the players. I said that we have plenty of time and would love to meet some members of the team. So he motions for Renaldo Works to come over and introduces us to him, which really impressed me because the pronunciation of our last name is very difficult to remember. Before he walks out the door he tells Renaldo to show us around and introduce us to the folks. I had such a nice time that day and will never forget the hospitality that was shown to us by Coach Stoops and Renaldo, both of whom I greatly admire.

The rest of the story has nothing to do with Coach Stoops, so I will tell you all about that afternoon on another day. :)

blackbeauty02
2/13/2007, 01:00 PM
that is what really burns me when people talk smack on Stoops. He is by far the classiest coach I have ever seen. I had an argument with one poke fan b/c he said Stoops is the worst and most unclassy coach b/c of how he takes off his headset and yells in the refs face. W-T-F? seriously?

On the title of this forum though...my girlfriends parents were visiting relatives in Iowa and went to the Iowa State game a few years back. they were standing outside the stadium when noneother than Big Bob himself walks by. He was gracious enough to stop and take a picture with the group of them which in my eyes is amazing and shows what a great guy he is. He is walking out of the stadium after a win to get on the bus and has enough time to stop and take a picture with some fans.

setem
2/13/2007, 01:10 PM
you didnt get his OU gear dirty did you??? ;)

No way! He came out clean...my insurance company thought I was drunk when I did it and wanted to know what high way divider I ran into.:D

Dio
2/13/2007, 01:24 PM
When Dio and I worked at the Albertson's on Robinson, he used to come in there a lot. He was always cordial and appreciated the "good game, coach" thing...

Yeah, Stoops doesn't seem to thrive on the attention like Switzer does, but I've never got any kind of "Go away" vibe from him- he's always been very pleasant and personable every time I've run into him.

chbrew09
2/13/2007, 01:40 PM
Don't know if this was posted earlier, but on junior day (about two weeks ago), he was said to have gotten up in front of all the recruits and told them he was "in it for the long haul". Whether that's recruiting speak or not, it's a pretty bold thing to say and with the Dallas job and others passing by, I think he's starting to realize that he could retire at Oklahoma and become an even greater legend than he is already.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 01:46 PM
Don't know if this was posted earlier, but on junior day (about two weeks ago), he was said to have gotten up in front of all the recruits and told them he was "in it for the long haul". Whether that's recruiting speak or not, it's a pretty bold thing to say and with the Dallas job and others passing by, I think he's starting to realize that he could retire at Oklahoma and become an even greater legend than he is already.

Just look at Switzer, the man is royalty and hasn't coached at OU in a long time

MichiganSooner
2/13/2007, 02:33 PM
So 2 of you almost ran Bob over? That's funny because my son called us a few years ago saying his brakes suddenly stopped working and he almost ran over Bob Stoops over by the Union. He was pumping and pumping the brakes because traffic would not allow him to steer out of harms way.

Bob, we love ya...use the crosswalks, I guess.

Jdog
2/13/2007, 02:36 PM
He seems to be a normal guy.
In 2000, my son who was 10 at the time, let Stoops use his sharpie to sign a bunch of autographs after the A&M game. Waiting on Stoop caused my son to miss out on getting "Rocky's" signature. Stoop's heard my son say something about it so he made Calmus come down out of the bus to sign my son's program.

My son thought that was pretty classy.

Rogue
2/13/2007, 08:05 PM
Bob Stoops once gave me a kidney.

ruf/nekdad
2/13/2007, 08:14 PM
gave me one too.

recemp
2/13/2007, 08:25 PM
We had Bob sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Wrigley a couple of years ago. We're season ticket holders for the Cubs and the Sooners. Of course, the one game I miss is the one Stoops sings at.
My wife was there with her friend and bullied her way to the press box. I'm sure that security thought that she had mayhem on her mind because she was not going to be stopped.
Bob did stop on his way to the elevator and gave her an autograph and some kind words. She was thrilled.
The only time I came close was when he was on his way somewhere in a hurry. I'm not put off. Just give me those W's.
A question that my wife has been asking and no one seems to have an answer. How come he doesn't ride the bus with the team to home games anymore?
I tell my wife that he is in his office drawing up plays with Toby Keith, but she's not buying it.

CrimsonChampion
2/13/2007, 10:52 PM
Most of us only get to see the annoyed Stoops as pressers but we all hear about how players love playing for him and the such. Does anyone with access to the program or just a story in general have any accounts of interesting Stoops interactions. Stuff along the lines of Switzers "they dont know what champions are, we invented it" or Stoops saying at a meeting with the texas press where they were pumping up texas's recruiting class against OU's, that he would take his best 22 and play texas or anyone else in the country's best 22 any day, then walking out!
Last time I dropped a name I got negged so I'm gonna keep the name to myself.

Anyway, back in '99 Coach Stoops came to Ardmore to visit a friend of mine, I ofcourse stayed back in his bedroom because I didn't want to "interrupt" the meeting. I still get a good ole saucy chuckle on this one, but Coach Stoops came right in, asked for directions to the john, came out and said not to go in there for a few minutes....classic

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 10:55 PM
Last time I dropped a name I got negged so I'm gonna keep the name to myself.

Anyway, back in '99 Coach Stoops came to Ardmore to visit a friend of mine, I ofcourse stayed back in his bedroom because I didn't want to "interrupt" the meeting. I still get a good ole saucy chuckle on this one, but Coach Stoops came right in, asked for directions to the john, came out and said not to go in there for a few minutes....classic

Had to flush the Stoolwater, eh? :D

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 10:56 PM
My story is almost like that. I was driving down Flood heading toward Lindsey and I was not paying attention. I ended up slaming head on into someone...that someone was Bob Stoops. He was just standing there in the middle of the street with my car wrapped around him. He stepped back gave a nod, smile and a wave, then went on his way. My car was destroyed and I was pretty messed up, but through my blood covered eyes I saw Bob and all his glory!

:pop:

Oh, I would soooo spek you right about now. :D

CrimsonChampion
2/13/2007, 10:57 PM
Had to flush the Stoolwater, eh? :D

:eek:

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 11:01 PM
So 2 of you almost ran Bob over? That's funny because my son called us a few years ago saying his brakes suddenly stopped working and he almost ran over Bob Stoops over by the Union. He was pumping and pumping the brakes because traffic would not allow him to steer out of harms way.

Bob, we love ya...use the crosswalks, I guess.

Did you ask him to explain the totaled car from setems accident? ;)

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 11:01 PM
:eek:

Oh, yeah... believe it. :D

Rooster
2/14/2007, 04:14 AM
My kid went to the OU youth football camp and when they got the team picture Stoops had his arm around my kids shoulders...Im going get it enlarged and framed..I asked him about the coaches and he said gundy was the meanest of all.

Crimsontothecore
2/14/2007, 09:53 AM
Last August 30th I was having lunch at Subway in Norman and coach Stoops came in with one of his assistant coaches. After they went through the line they sat down to eat right behind me. After I finished eating and stood up, I turned around and told coach Stoops, "good luck this season." He looked up smiling and replied "hopefully we won't need luck."
I mentioned how difficult it must be getting ready to start a season without the QB you planned to have. He acknowledged that it was somewhat stressful. I asked if I could make some suggestions and he told me to have a seat, that he would love to hear my ideas.
For the next hour, we sat there and talked like old friends. He liked some of my ideas and actually asked if he could call me throughout the season for input. We talk on the phone at least three times a week and he's had me over for dinner a few times. Bob is really a great guy!

Ok, the only true part of this story is that I was having lunch at Subway last Aug. 30th........but wouldn't this be the best story on this thread if it were true?:D

SteelClip49
2/14/2007, 10:39 AM
In the summer of 1999 he came to my high school to give a speech about school and football. This was at Mt. St. Mary in OKC just after he was named the head coach. He is catholic of course and it was a big reason why he came to my school. There was only 1 police officer and some other guy, I am guessing Matt McMillan or whatever his right hand man's name is. He signed a sweater and hat of mine and loved being asked questions about whatever, especially family and football. Nowadays, he is protected by a lot more than that. My 2 years at OU were awesome considering I had several run-ins with the football players in classes and in the athletic dorms. Some of the players were just obnoxious as hell. Others are very classy: Reggie Smith, Branndon Braxton, Lendy Holmes (one of the funniest), Cory Bennett, Lewis Baker, Quentin Chaney, Joe Don Finley, Jacob Gutierrez, Hays McEachern, Allen Patrick, Lamont Robinson (liked by many because of how outspoken he is and how courteous he is around others), Marcus Walker, John Williams, DJ Wolfe and Dane Zaslaw (he always looked stoned when people saw him but when ya got to talk with him it was all good and everything). I left OU after summer 2006 but I still talk with Braxton from time to time. They sure were loud as well playing NCAA on xbox and ps2. They were also very competitive and fun to play in pool and ping pong.
As far as the Stoops story is concerned though, he would come to the dorms to show new recruits what the living quarters would be like and he would always say hi and smile. When I was working in the cafeteria he would come over from time time during two-a-days to check on his players and take head counts; always courteous. He doesn't like the constant badgering from fans wanting to get autographs and I can understand that. He will in a heartbeat sign autographs for any military personnel visiting and just looking around. I told him my cousin was serving in Afghanland and I was only able to get to his secretary because of spring practice. I explained everything to her so she could then talk to coach about it. I was surprised in how short of time I was able to get the footballs back; 2 weeks. He is a great guy and fans just need to realize that he isn't being rude by not signing memorabilia. It's just because people at times get too obsessed and badger him for his John Hancock. IMO, a hand shake is more valuable than an autograph. I said that to Adrian Peterson one time and he agreed, but he game me a few sigs anyways.

crawfish
2/14/2007, 10:41 AM
Bob Stoops once gave me a kidney.

Of all of Stoops' talents, his ability to regrow kidneys is his least known.

He gave me three.

setem
2/14/2007, 11:27 AM
Last August 30th I was having lunch at Subway in Norman and coach Stoops came in with one of his assistant coaches. After they went through the line they sat down to eat right behind me. After I finished eating and stood up, I turned around and told coach Stoops, "good luck this season." He looked up smiling and replied "hopefully we won't need luck."
I mentioned how difficult it must be getting ready to start a season without the QB you planned to have. He acknowledged that it was somewhat stressful. I asked if I could make some suggestions and he told me to have a seat, that he would love to hear my ideas.
For the next hour, we sat there and talked like old friends. He liked some of my ideas and actually asked if he could call me throughout the season for input. We talk on the phone at least three times a week and he's had me over for dinner a few times. Bob is really a great guy!

Ok, the only true part of this story is that I was having lunch at Subway last Aug. 30th........but wouldn't this be the best story on this thread if it were true?:D

I have another story almost like this...I was at the Jimmy Johns on Campus Corner; Coach and one if his recruits walks in. They both order 15 foot long sub sandwiches with everthing. The sat down with three tables pushed together and talked before their meal was delivered. The sammiches came and Bob began to count down. 3...2...1...GO they tore into that food like homeless people! Bob finished his before the kid could even get into the 1st 2 feet of that giant sub. He wiped his mouth as he stood up, tossed his napkin in the kids face and said "I don't think this is gonna happen bud. Maybe you should explore some other options. We don't need kids like you in our program....get **** out of my face!" Then he walked out, leaving the kid in tears.

That kid ended up being Chad Roark of OU/Neb transfer fame.

I also once saw Coach eat a school bus filled with anti-war protesters. Wait...that was Mangino who ate the protesters.

ashley
2/14/2007, 11:45 AM
One of my best friends coaches with him. I have many stories from him and some of his other coaches. They all say he is an incredible guy to work for and very understanding about family situations. Everyone is treated with respect.

Collier11
2/14/2007, 01:02 PM
can we not leave the stupid stuff out of ONE thread

Echoes
2/14/2007, 06:35 PM
One of my good friends just headed to OU to begin his football career. I won't name drop, its really unnecessary. I know that often times me and him would be at a get together something late at night and Stoops would call his cell phone and ask how things are going and everything like that, just to chit chat for a couple minutes. I always thought that was really nice, because often times it would be pretty late and I would assume most coaches were in bed. As for more stories, like I said hes just been there for awhile, but soon I'm sure I will have plenty for you guys.

stoopified
2/14/2007, 07:53 PM
Bob Stoops once gave me a kidney.I got a tiny portion of his brain in a transplant.Unfortunately doctors determined that it was the National Championsip Lobe and Bob wants it back.I wondered why I was suddenly unbeatable on X-Box College football.:)

Soonerus
2/14/2007, 08:05 PM
About a year ago Bob gave bone marrow to a friend of mine, totally relaxed and poised during the entire process...impressive...

Rogue
2/14/2007, 08:25 PM
can we not leave the stupid stuff out of ONE thread

You realize you're feeding the monster, right?

I did get to see Coach speak in Midland, TX at an OU alum luncheon dealio. Summer of '99 I think (man he got around that summer). Joe C. was with him if memory serves. I was hoping that he'd be as good as he seemed and also in awe of some of the octagenarian alums (some former players) that were in attendance.

illinisooner
2/14/2007, 08:26 PM
I was passing Bob in the terminal at the airport (Westheimer) and he struck up a conversation with me, for pretty much no reason...just being friendly. He could have passed by and given me the nod or something, but it was pretty nice of him to talk to a student like that. Came across as a real easy going guy; easy to talk to, not hard to see why recruits like him.

Soonerus
2/14/2007, 09:47 PM
I was passing Bob in the terminal at the airport (Westheimer) and he struck up a conversation with me, for pretty much no reason...just being friendly. He could have passed by and given me the pez or something, but it was pretty nice of him to talk to a student like that. Came across as a real easy going guy; easy to talk to, not hard to see why recruits like him.

fixed...

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/14/2007, 09:56 PM
I once saw Bob from about 125 yards away at a football game at Owen field. Or as some people say a pitching wedge away...

SoonerJLB
2/15/2007, 02:16 PM
but I have heard that what you see is what you get and what I see is a good guy, excellent coach and family man. Last year I met a young guy and his lovely wife who were both OU grads and played golf for OU at a grocery store near my house. I had my OU gear on and they asked if I was an OU fan. They just moved out to Southern Cal from Norman and I invited them over to watch a game.

Both of them had worked part time at the golf course in Norman and said Kelvin Sampson was a total ***, impolite, always complained about waiting or not getting to play right away when he showed up. They made Kelvin sound like a Bobby Knight type guy.

On the other hand, they said Bob Stoops was the very polite and cordial and would joke around with everyone when he made a bad shot or whatever. They said Bob Stoops would often show up and want to play but was almost appoligetic that he forgot to make prior arrangements. He was always polite to everyone and remembered their names. We all know Bob Stoops is King in Oklahoma and could be a total *** and people would still worship him.

Fraggle145
2/15/2007, 02:42 PM
My buddies and I used to play a lot of twilight golf at Jimmy Austin because it was cheap for students and you can bring beer around in the cart with you... anyway we saw stoops there a lot during the summer and we would always let him play through. He would always wave say "Thanks fellas" and be on his way. Twilight golf in the summer though is a good time for Stoops sightings

My other almost Stoops encounter was when my gf's parents were visiting us from Georgia. They are huge college football (UGA) fans so I took them over to the Switzer Center. We were going back downstairs and the elevator opens up and there is Schmitty. He was really nice and said "hows it goin folks" then let us in the elevator as the elevator doors clos the doorupstairs opens and out comes Bob... I said to them "well there was the man... just missed him"

Collier11
2/15/2007, 03:30 PM
I think the media would love Stoops so much more if he would just be a smart *ss like spurrier rather than being so comabative with them, plus we would have alot more funny stories to tell. Unfortunately Stoops just dislikes answering the stupid questions and so he answers them that way

CrimsonChampion
2/15/2007, 03:41 PM
I think the media would love Stoops so much more if he would just be a smart *ss like spurrier rather than being so comabative with them, plus we would have alot more funny stories to tell. Unfortunately Stoops just dislikes answering the stupid questions and so he answers them that way

Gotta love him for that though, he's a straight forward guy and is all about business. He has a sense of humor, but not a sense of stupid.

I've come to the conclusion that the media in Oklahoma is gonna do anything they can to put him on the spot. Put it this way, he's Oklahoma's President Bush.

tigepilot
2/15/2007, 03:45 PM
Appearently I sat next to Stoops's wife during the Kansas State game in 2000 and didn't know it. I chatted with her most of the game as anyone would with the person sitting next to you. She seemed nice but I don't remember anything in particular. The guy I was with told me later who she was... I asked why he didn't tell me... he said he thought I knew. I'm just glad I didn't say anything about that halfback pass... I was sure thinking it! The rest of the game was all fun though.

Collier11
2/15/2007, 04:03 PM
I like that he answers stupid questions with *ss hole remarks, I just wish when the media wasnt being idiots he would have a little more fun with it ya know. Not that this has anything to do with this discussion, but regardless!

CrimsonChampion
2/15/2007, 04:08 PM
I like that he answers stupid questions with *ss hole remarks, I just wish when the media wasnt being idiots he would have a little more fun with it ya know. Not that this has anything to do with this discussion, but regardless!

Yea I agree, he does pop in with something funny every once and awhile. It's just such a serious and demanding job, so he deals with the stress in different ways I guess.

OU is the best coaching job in the nation, but the demands of the Sooner nation are the toughest in the nation. Just like Coach Switzer said, "It's the Oklahoma football monster."

Soonerfan88
2/19/2007, 12:15 AM
There are a couple of good videos on SoonerSports.com - one from the Fiesta Bowl "Coach Stoops" and one from the MTSU game "Coach Stoops & Sooner Football Host Special Spectators" near the bottom of the list.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2475&&ATCLID=640115

goingoneight
2/19/2007, 12:26 AM
This one time, at quarterback camp...

getrdone
2/19/2007, 11:57 PM
I had the chance to talk to him for a few minutes one day while he and venables were recruiting bomar during our spring practice. It was awesome. Both of them had a lot of class and laid back demeanor about them. I explained I am a sooner transplant in tx and they laughed and thanked me for being a fan. At times I get frustrated by some of the losses but stoops is truly a class act.