PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska I-back Marlon Lucky hospitalized

CoSooner
2/12/2007, 05:55 PM
Link (http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=2330187)

TheUnnamedSooner
2/12/2007, 06:06 PM
I hope the kid is ok, i wonder what the "incident" was.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2007, 06:14 PM
Huskerpedia "rumors"/report is saying overdose of some kind.

royalfan5
2/12/2007, 06:15 PM
That's our second I-Back hospitalized in the past week. Hopefully he will be okay.

Octavian
2/12/2007, 06:16 PM
Nebraska boards are saying Husker insiders are reporting that Lucky was found passed out in his apartment bathroom and rushed to the hospital.

Overdose (http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=36726) of some kind.

Hope he's OK

Collier11
2/12/2007, 06:18 PM
Id hate too see anything bad happen. Just a little advice based on this situation, if it does come back that the guy OD'd or anything that may have been self-inflicted, lets not act like aggies, lets show some class and just offer our prayers and well-wishes like we all know a good SOONER would!

birddog
2/12/2007, 07:02 PM
Id hate too see anything bad happen. Just a little advice based on this situation, if it does come back that the guy OD'd or anything that may have been self-inflicted, lets not act like aggies, lets show some class and just offer our prayers and well-wishes like we all know a good SOONER would!

well, they aren't aggies. so it is a little bit easier for some to show class. ;)

although callenberger might turn them into some form of aggie-mutant fan base.

Rhino
2/12/2007, 10:55 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery. Sounds like some scary stuff.

goingoneight
2/12/2007, 11:09 PM
Hope he recovers, if it's an OD... I'd do what Stoops did for Dvoracek. Let him go for a while to clear his head and to get help. Except, Stoops didn't exactly plan on taking DD back until about July 2005, I think. :confused:

KingDavid
2/12/2007, 11:54 PM
Sounds like Blake flew back in to see him in the hospital. You gotta appreciate that from Big Boo. Well done!

Collier11
2/13/2007, 01:27 AM
I was reading on scout and noticed some references to kansas state fans being *ss holes about this so I took a peak and let me say that they are embarrasing. There were only about 4 or 5 that I saw but they should be ashamed and I am glad that 99.9% of Sooner fans show class about things like this. I wasnt going to interject until I saw one ksu fan with a statement that went something like this "brook berringers plane must have crashed into un-"lucky" mountain or some crap like that. I def. took some time out of my night to let this prick know that he was the lowest of the low and his mom should be ashamed of him. Some people just dont have a clue!!

Theskipster
2/13/2007, 08:43 AM
That's our second I-Back hospitalized in the past week. Hopefully he will be okay.

Who was the other?

royalfan5
2/13/2007, 08:59 AM
Who was the other?
Kenny Wilson was hospitalized with an infection in his knee after surgery last week.

Hunyock
2/13/2007, 11:39 AM
Kenny Wilson was hospitalized with an infection in his knee after surgery last week.

Wilson's infection is in the bone which is not good. I pray that he recovers whether he can play football again or not.

Dio
2/13/2007, 12:54 PM
Prayers for recovery for both of these guys.

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 09:27 PM
ABC

Another
Broken
Collarbone

As seen at the BIG 12 Champeenship and in Stoolwater, funny thing is... we didn't even play Other State University on ABC!!! :D

I really hate news like this, but every team has its fans who disrespect.

royalfan5
2/13/2007, 09:29 PM
FWIW, Lucky has been upgraded to fair condition.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 09:30 PM
Very good

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 10:52 PM
:cool:

:mack: Get well soon!!!

CrimsonChampion
2/13/2007, 11:04 PM
Hope he recovers, if it's an OD... I'd do what Stoops did for Dvoracek. Let him go for a while to clear his head and to get help. Except, Stoops didn't exactly plan on taking DD back until about July 2005, I think. :confused:
I agree, Coach did the same thing with Dan Cody for depression.

As far as Callywacker is concerned, I've said it before, the guy's a joke and nebraska should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this goober into our conference.

budbarrybob
2/14/2007, 01:02 PM
Huskerpedia "rumors"/report is saying overdose of some kind.

Perhaps it was actually a "suicide" attempt and T.O. and Rosenhaus are advising him on his future career.

Collier11
2/14/2007, 04:32 PM
idiot

Boomer.....
2/14/2007, 04:33 PM
Perhaps it was actually a "suicide" attempt and T.O. and Rosenhaus are advising him on his future career.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

Easting
2/14/2007, 04:44 PM

That's not nice.

Get well soon Husker!

85sooners
2/15/2007, 01:59 PM
:(

royalfan5
2/15/2007, 07:53 PM
Lucky was released from the Hospital today. Sounds like there should be no lasting effects from this episode.

opksooner
2/15/2007, 11:29 PM
Lucky was released from the Hospital today. Sounds like there should be no lasting effects from this episode.
...........aside from the incessant questions that will remain.

Boomer.....
2/16/2007, 09:47 AM
Good to hear.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/16/2007, 11:03 AM
He was a top-3 running back, nationally, coming out of HS, and was probably the most highly acclaimed recruit by Boo Blake that year nebbish did so well in recruiting.

insuranceman_22
2/16/2007, 11:49 PM
Collier - I've only been on here for a couple of weeks and I had already figured out that you knew you stuff on OU & football. After reading this, I discovered you've got class too! Hope the Lucky kid comes through this okay.
(PS your safe bro., it's not a man crush or anything, just giving you props.)

Ike
2/17/2007, 12:54 AM
Good for him.

If the OD report is true, I hope perhaps he's learned lesson and returns to football better off for it.

If the reports are false, well, then I hope he has nothing further to worry about.

goingoneight
2/17/2007, 01:20 AM
I really think those of you who are or are not Sooner Fans showing the total lack of class like the T.O. comment are the reason people stereotype Sooner Fans in general. How come for every ten classy posts, the only one America sees is the one about T.O., eh?

royalfan5
2/17/2007, 03:46 AM
Good for him.

If the OD report is true, I hope perhaps he's learned lesson and returns to football better off for it.

If the reports are false, well, then I hope he has nothing further to worry about.
I'm betting it that it was a weird reaction more than an overdose. The flu has been hitting us hard up here, and he had been struggling with a back injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he was prescribed things that turned out not to mix. But the important thing is that he is okay.

birddog
2/17/2007, 04:01 AM
that's good news.

it's crazy in this day and age that doctors can prescribe meds. that are dangerous when mixed, and not know any better.

BajaOklahoma
2/17/2007, 10:28 AM
it's crazy in this day and age that doctors can prescribe meds. that are dangerous when mixed, and not know any better.

Unfortunately, it is rare that a person takes a single medication. Do a search for the possible side effects and drug interactions for one of the meds you now take. Or look up Tylenol or Advil.
The bottomline is that any medication has the potential for a serious side effect or drug interaction.