PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day gift ideas needed

Chuck Bao
2/12/2007, 05:27 PM
This is so not fair.

I got a hundred long-stem red roses today.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/img_0049.jpg

So, what are you getting your sweety for Valentines Day?

Food, flowers, candy, spa treatment, etc?

C&CDean
2/12/2007, 05:29 PM
Nothing. And she'll like it.

100 roses? Are you out of your ****ing mind?

OUHOMER
2/12/2007, 05:30 PM
I got her some perfume because I LIKE IT

Hamhock
2/12/2007, 05:31 PM
give her that statue thingy in the background

Oldnslo
2/12/2007, 05:32 PM
dick in a box?

Chuck Bao
2/12/2007, 05:35 PM

Okay, some of us are sweet and lovely.

Urgh! Guys receiving flowers is like a total waste of money except the message is that the sender needs some serious return gifts.

This may not be a good sign. Hence, the SOS call at SO for return gift ideas!

IB4OU2
2/12/2007, 05:36 PM
I got mine a new Nikon SLR Camera and a sexy nightgown and some roses.

OUHOMER
2/12/2007, 05:38 PM
A single rose, a hand written poem, 1 hours of uniterrupted conversation...

Or a new car your choice

LilSooner
2/12/2007, 05:40 PM
He will get a slap on the *** to get his butt back in the kitchen to make me some pies.

NormanPride
2/12/2007, 05:40 PM
Earrings with birthstone?

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/12/2007, 05:41 PM
He will get a slap on the *** to get his butt back in the kitchen to make me some pies.

Mmm, love pies...

Petro-Sooner
2/12/2007, 05:43 PM
Weed eater.

GottaHavePride
2/12/2007, 05:49 PM

Dean, he meant SHE sent HIM the roses and he needs something to give her in return.

Call me vote #2 for dick in a box. It's classy.

Newbomb Turk
2/12/2007, 05:52 PM
100 roses?
She should have spent the money on a decent camera for you. ;)

Chuck Bao
2/12/2007, 05:54 PM
A single rose, a hand written poem, 1 hours of uniterrupted conversation...

Or a new car your choice

Hey, you're not my SO are you? Because I love you and all, but I just can't afford to buy you a new Camry!

VeeJay
2/12/2007, 06:28 PM
I am hoping to get a nice array of heart-shaped mylar balloons.

proud gonzo
2/12/2007, 06:29 PM
make a rose petal bead necklace from the 100 roses she sent you.

MamaMia
2/12/2007, 07:01 PM
100 roses is a very extragagant gift. Personally, I would give her whatever you were planning to give her before you received the 100 roses.

Chuck Bao
2/12/2007, 07:29 PM
100 roses is a very extragagant gift. Personally, I would give her whatever you were planning to give her before you received the 100 roses.

Actually it is not too extravagant in Thailand. The price has gone up a lot before Valentines Day, but it is still only about $8 for the lot. I asked.

I'm still in a lot of trouble unless I can pull a car or gold out of my butt.

MamaMia
2/12/2007, 07:37 PM
Actually it is not too extravagant in Thailand. The price has gone up a lot before Valentines Day, but it is still only about $8 for the lot. I asked.

Only 8 dollars for 100 roses? :eek:

So, why do you have to come up with a car or gold to keep out of trouble though? What did you do? :confused:

OCUDad
2/12/2007, 07:43 PM
That's either a really small car or a really big...

Just sayin'.

olevetonahill
2/12/2007, 09:21 PM

Cheap bitch .
Get her a Boomer Sooner ringtone

SoonerGirl06
2/12/2007, 09:47 PM
Okay, some of us are sweet and lovely.

Urgh! Guys receiving flowers is like a total waste of money except the message is that the sender needs some serious return gifts.

This may not be a good sign. Hence, the SOS call at SO for return gift ideas!

A lovely romantic evening at home... candles, soft music and a nice dinner... to really add flames to the fire... place rose petals across the bed and give her a night she'll never forget.

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2007, 09:50 PM
I'll tell you what you should get her for Valentine's Day.

The hell out of Thailand. That's what.

soonerboomer93
2/12/2007, 10:40 PM
buy her 200 roses

:D

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2007, 12:02 AM
Buy her some stock! :texan:

Chuck Bao
2/13/2007, 09:31 AM
Good idea there J.C.!

Investing in shares of a good solid company that pays out very attractive dividends each year. The gift that keeps on giving.

That is except I can't trade under my name and it wouldn't look good to trade under someone else's name that just happens to share the exact same address as I have.

I think I'll go with a gold bracelet and dinner at a real Lao restaurant. Nothing is as romantic as fried red ant eggs and Laos Beer! Yum!

MamaMia
2/13/2007, 10:21 AM
Good idea there J.C.!

Investing in shares of a good solid company that pays out very attractive dividends each year. The gift that keeps on giving.

That is except I can't trade under my name and it wouldn't look good to trade under someone else's name that just happens to share the exact same address as I have.

I think I'll go with a gold bracelet and dinner at a real Lao restaurant. Nothing is as romantic as fried red ant eggs and Laos Beer! Yum!That was going to be my next suggestion. :P

C&CDean
2/13/2007, 11:02 AM
Good idea there J.C.!

I think I'll go with a gold bracelet and dinner at a real Lao restaurant. Nothing is as romantic as fried red ant eggs and Laos Beer! Yum!

Yeah, cause nothing screams romance louder than some stocks. May as well buy her a vacuum cleaner.

Chuck Bao
2/13/2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, cause nothing screams romance louder than some stocks. May as well buy her a vacuum cleaner.

Good point, Dean. What was I thinking? It should be something with more immediate tradable value, like cash or pure gold.

That's typical Asian. Always give them pure gold and then they can trade it in and buy whatever they want.

A vacuum cleaner would be a seriously wrong move, though. Heaven help me if I were to give something to the maid on Valentines Day.

mojo
2/13/2007, 12:52 PM
May as well buy her a vacuum cleaner.

That was my choice, or a new set of cookware. She could use them to make you that romantic dinner. I know a hopeless romantic, sorry I can't help it.