PDA

View Full Version : Gordo lose's his Job....

Blues1
2/11/2007, 11:15 AM
LINK

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9979060

Poor old Gordo gets a pay cut...... :(

MamaMia
2/11/2007, 11:23 AM
LINK

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9979060

Poor old Gordo gets a pay cut...... :(He shouldn't receive any money at all and the other three referees who were calling that game with him should not only have been fired, but barred from ever officiating a football game again. Honestly, if I was that incompetent at my job, I would fire myself.

Scott D
2/11/2007, 07:57 PM
He shouldn't receive any money at all and the other three referees who were calling that game with him should not only have been fired, but barred from ever officiating a football game again. Honestly, if I was that incompetent at my job, I would fire myself.

if you were that incompetent at your job you'd be in Washington DC :)

85sooners
2/11/2007, 08:27 PM
:hot: :hot:

landrun
2/11/2007, 08:54 PM
Did you read the story?

He did NOT lose his job. He's still in the replay booth.. getting paid!

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -The Pacific-10 Conference official who missed a call during the Oklahoma-Oregon game last season has been told he will not return to the job in that capacity.

Gordon Riese said he received death threats after a call on an onside kick near the end of the Sept. 16 game that the Ducks won 34-33. Televised replays showed the Sooners recovered that kick, but Riese did not see that angle in the replay booth.

Conference officials informed Riese last week that he was relieved of his replay duties. He will remain a Pac-10 technical assistant, making about $350 a game.

Riese, who took a leave of absence for the season after the game at Autzen Stadium, told The Oregonian newspaper that his doctors had advised him not to return to the job, anyway.

He's now the 'assistant' up there, but he's still IN the replay booth working with the 'official', still involved in PAC 10 replays and getting paid for it. He probably just switched chairs with his partner during the OU game.

He could realistically be in the replay booth when we play Washington! :mad:

badger
2/11/2007, 08:57 PM
um... japan bombs pearl harbor.

landrun
2/11/2007, 09:00 PM
The title of this article is:

Official in booth for Oregon-Oklahoma loses replay booth job

It should read:

Official in booth for Oregon-Oklahoma returns to replay booth in PAC 10

because that is exactly what has happened!

btw, picture this. A 70 old ex official is no the 'Technician' operating the equipment huh? Does that make sense to you. Especially when their claim was that they couldn't get the equipment to work!

I'm ****ed!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: This is outrageous!! :mad: :mad:

landrun
2/11/2007, 09:01 PM
um... japan bombs pearl harbor.

So its old news that this guy gets to go back into the replay booth?

william_brasky
2/11/2007, 09:10 PM
Once again, I would like the "death threats" to be substantiated.

swardboy
2/11/2007, 09:15 PM
So its old news that this guy gets to go back into the replay booth?

You'll notice the article is dated Feb. 6th. A fuller story was posted here back then. I believe Riese's new position involves evaluating Pac 10 officials' performance, not dealing with the equipment in the booth during the game.

landrun
2/11/2007, 10:39 PM
No. His new position isn't about evaluating other officials.

He is the 'technical assistant'.

I've lost the official NCAA link talking about the replay rules.
But in short, there are 4 people on a replay 'team'.

the official on the field, an assistant on the field to help him in communicating with the booth, the technical assistant (Gordon's new job) who actuall CONTROLS the replay equipment in the booth with the 4th person, the replay official (which is what Gordon was in our game) - the 4th person is responsible for making the official call on the review. The 'assistant' replays the plays for the official to make his judgment call.

Gordon is still in the booth. Or at the very least, is the 'assistant' on the field working directly with the umpire who is communicating with the replay official. He is directly involved in the replay process!