PDA

View Full Version : CU's Dan Hawkins goes Howard Dean......

Salt City Sooner
2/10/2007, 10:54 AM
Pretty good stuff......

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3120

Rhino
2/10/2007, 01:27 PM
GO PLAY INTERMURALS, BROTHER!

Classic.

sooner94
2/10/2007, 02:54 PM
Ha! I like that guy. He could be good friends with Schmitty.

brown town sooner
2/10/2007, 03:00 PM
That's classic...."Go play intermurals brother....go play intermurals." Sounds like something from American Pie.

King Crimson
2/10/2007, 03:18 PM
Hawkins talks a good game, but the Buffs were terrible "in game" coaching-wise. his staff is in over their heads. maybe he proves me wrong, but living in CO, i think the guy is kind of a tool. talk talk talk, lose lose lose. even in close games, they never made any whiff of winning.

Readyfor8
2/10/2007, 03:54 PM
Dan Hawkins took back congress for the Democratic Party?

okieballin
2/11/2007, 02:21 AM
i think he makes a good point. this is big time, big 12 football. you have no time to party boys. they've got a lot of work to do and very little time to do it.........also very little talent.

insuranceman_22
2/11/2007, 03:37 AM
That's good! Hawkins does have the right attitude though, he may make some noise when they start the sex parties back up for recruits, just have to wait and see.......

goingoneight
2/11/2007, 11:44 PM
This makes me sad we lost to Boise State, all other factors point to BSU failure in bigger leagues. It is what it is, though. Not everyone can play a game to near-perfection like that. :(

sooner94
2/13/2007, 01:55 PM
Goingon8- I got a good laugh out of your sig. That's pretty good.

KStatePike
2/13/2007, 07:46 PM
was he doing a Randy "The Macho Man" Savage impression?

goingoneight
2/13/2007, 09:08 PM
Goingon8- I got a good laugh out of your sig. That's pretty good.

Actually, the story was from work. We were talking about how the "best team in the NFL" was no better than one of the worst (lost to VY) in reference to the 2006 Super Bowl and the 2007 SB. My dispatcher (a guy who is tired of hearing about the SEC also) sarcastically said "well, they'd have only won a game if they were lucky in that there SEC!"
I couldn't help but laugh everytime I'm reminded of that. :D

SoonerTerry
2/14/2007, 12:57 AM
content blocked SEX

????

CrimsonChampion
2/14/2007, 01:22 AM
Hawkins talks a good game, but the Buffs were terrible "in game" coaching-wise. his staff is in over their heads. maybe he proves me wrong, but living in CO, i think the guy is kind of a tool. talk talk talk, lose lose lose. even in close games, they never made any whiff of winning.
I disagree, he did inherit a team in turmoil with the rape garbage that was going on. I think he'll be good for the snuffs once he gets a little more talent and installs his type of game in the team.

I hate Colorado, my family and I went up there a few yrs back, classless fans. Every OU car lined up for miles was vandalized, including ours. I guess I'd be mad too if my team sucked balls.

Boarder
2/14/2007, 12:58 PM
They've played it a bunch this morning on ESPN radio. It's awesome. Dan is the man.

They're playing it right now.

IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!

yermom
2/14/2007, 01:37 PM
extra practice AND no hookers?

no wonder they are upset ;)

tulsaoilerfan
2/14/2007, 11:48 PM
Did they think they would be hanging on the slopes with the ski bunnies? That went away when Coach Mulligan got canned.

illinisooner
2/15/2007, 02:01 AM

The Boise State players somewhat said the same thing earlier in the season. They said Hawkins was more of a rah rah, get 'em fired up coach, while Petersen was better at game planning/tactical stuff. You can get guys to run through a brick wall for ya, but if the game plan is crap, it doesn't matter how hard you play. I also like how he went from being basically calm to Howard Dean just like that.

WE'RE GONNA GO TO NORMAN, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA GO TO AMES, LINCOLN, COLLEGE STATION, AND SAN ANTONIO...YEAHHHHH!!!!!

soonerlaw
2/15/2007, 09:45 AM
I also hopes he remembers that these athletes are also kids and students who are not getting paid like those in the NFL and those at USC to play. It may not be intramurals, but its not the NFL or USC either. ;)

MiccoMacey
2/15/2007, 11:44 AM
I also hopes he remembers that these athletes are also kids and students who are not getting paid like those in the NFL and those at USC to play. It may not be intramurals, but its not the NFL or USC either. ;)

[Devil's advocate] And to add to that, summer is when most of these kids make money for the rest of the school year.

Not all these athletes are fully scholarshipped. Most have a combo of grants and loans to get by until they can work and earn more money.

I understand his rant, but it's more than just about DI football. Heck, why even give them a break, if it's that important? Just play and practice 365 until the next season. [/Devil's advocate]

illinisooner
2/15/2007, 11:48 AM
He also might need to tell the the players that they should go play intRAmurals, not intERmurals.