PDA

View Full Version : The "who IS Mike Rich" thread

achiro
2/10/2007, 01:16 AM
Don't know about Texas, but that's the way it is here. You discipline a middle schooler up here and you're more likely to spend your planning hour in a conference with their parents about why you're so mean to their child than anything else.

So I'm thinkin he's a banker or some such but this makes him sound like he knows what its like to be a teacher. Then there is the Big screen tv expert-tease he always comes up with. Oh and apparently someone thinks he knows enough about football to give him the mod powers(he did nail someone with some NCAA rulebook stuff in the last couple of days). Once in a while there is this whole law/legal/state statute stuff that comes out of him too.

So who IS the REAL Mike Rich?:D
Maybe Froz can come out of the woodwork and help us answer this one?

jacru
2/10/2007, 01:28 AM
sounds like a jeopardy answer

BajaOklahoma
2/10/2007, 03:10 AM
Mike is the son of a teacher (or teachers?). He actually learned to like to learn. And remember.
Mike > rest of us
He uses 11% of his brain.

Ike
2/10/2007, 03:36 AM
Mike Rich gave me a kidney once.

Jerk
2/10/2007, 08:43 AM
He's also a world-renowned climatologist!

MamaMia
2/10/2007, 08:48 AM
Possibly with more enforcement, but generally yes.

Please take any more questions about how I go about things in PM. Thanks.
From what I can gather, he doesn't think the football board has been run with enough "enforcement", and if you have any questions, he wants you to PM him so he doesn't have to be questioned in a public manner. :P

soonerboomer93
2/10/2007, 09:05 AM
Mike stole a kidney from me once

I wonder what he did with it

Mixer!
2/10/2007, 09:36 AM
Mike Rich once killed a man just for snoring too loud. :D

sanantoniosooner
2/10/2007, 09:56 AM
His favorite color is "light tan".

And he loves poopies.

Jerk
2/10/2007, 10:03 AM
Mike Rich led his cult of followers to a remote village in Guyana, where he convinced everyone to commit suicide.

King Crimson
2/10/2007, 10:11 AM
i don't recall Mike Rich ever being in the Who.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0859653307.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

StoopTroup
2/10/2007, 10:28 AM
Is he a Rough Boy?

saucysoonergal
2/10/2007, 10:42 AM
Plus, he likes Mercedes more than Subarus and really knows his way around ipods.

OCUDad
2/10/2007, 11:31 AM
Mike Rich gave me a hickey once.:eek:

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2007, 01:02 PM
Person who has never been in my kitchen?

Frozen Sooner
2/10/2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the laughs this morning. :D

achiro, to answer the original question:

Both of my parents were teachers. Mom quit in the early 80s to own her own business, Dad moved into admin in the 70s and was director of Special Ed for the Anchorage School District for a decade, then was director of Special Ed for the State of Alaska for a couple of years. My best friend is a middle school teacher, so I hear her talk about what's going on in schools right now a lot.

The electronics stuff is because I did a LOT of research when I was setting up my home entertainment center and spend a bunch of time on AVS Forum and other home electronics sites.

The law stuff is because I was de facto compliance officer for my institution for a while and my stepdad is an attorney (Ethics chair for the Alaska Bar, president of the Alaska Trial Lawyers Association, argued and won in front of SCOTUS, now retired. Go Vince!), so I just sort of picked up a lot of the lingo over the dinner table. I generally try to defer to actual attorneys on that stuff. I'm also sick enough in the head that I like reading statutes.

I spent the last year selling commercial property and casualty insurance (general liability, E&O, worker's compensation, etc) so I like to think I know something about the insurance industry.

Before that I spent several years as a branch manager for a credit union, a job I recently took back in preparation for a district manager position in the next year or so.

And no, I don't like discussion of moderation stuff on the board, because it clogs the board up with off-topic. I just think it's something that's much better handled in a one-on-one manner. No offense intended, of course.

Let's see...

I read a lot of the NCAA handbook because I'm an officer of a booster club (treasurer for the OU Club of Alaska.)

I read a lot of the NCAA football rulebook because there's a guy on another board who keeps trying to get me to referee (starting at the HS level.) He's a D-1 ref right now. I then realized that a fat dude in stripes in October in Alaska looks a lot like a penguin.

OCUDad
2/10/2007, 04:12 PM
This thread was great until Mike Rich chimed in.

Chuck Bao
2/10/2007, 04:46 PM
This thread was great until Mike Rich chimed in.

Yeah, but don't be fooled. I'm wondering if he is like standing outside as we speak, spying on Russia.

He probably has some special CIA contacts feeding him intel so he could get the spec on a Sooner message board and act all smart and stuff.

But, some of you guys met him right? Did he seem to be arguing with his top shirt button a lot and have an unusual talent for the tango?

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/10/2007, 04:48 PM
See why the chicks dig him so?

:norm:

SoonerTerry
2/10/2007, 07:33 PM
Mike Rich was assembed at langley out of spare brainiak parts.......

Dont listen to the earlier post

tommieharris91
2/10/2007, 08:03 PM
Mike Rich is the best damn salesman in the company!

To Mike Rich!

Okieflyer
2/10/2007, 09:45 PM
Here's to you Mike Rich (the former Frozen Sooner)...

...this thread's for you.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jstanek/me519/hw6/data/jstanek.budweiser.bmp

1stTimeCaller
2/10/2007, 10:22 PM
Dean Blevins says it's 70/30 that Mike Rich is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter.

Penguin
2/10/2007, 11:43 PM
I then realized that a fat dude in stripes in October in Alaska looks a lot like a penguin.

And just what is that supposed to mean? :mad:

the_ouskull
2/10/2007, 11:49 PM
Mike Rich?

Supposedly, he was born in a mental institution. And he sleeps only one hour at night. He's a great man.

the_ouskull

olevetonahill
2/10/2007, 11:50 PM
Dean Blevins says it's 70/30 that Mike Rich is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter.
Ill take the Under

olevetonahill
2/10/2007, 11:51 PM
Mike Rich?

Supposedly, he was born in a mental institution. And he sleeps only one hour at night. He's a great man.

the_ouskull
You say that like its a Bad thing ?

the_ouskull
2/11/2007, 12:21 AM
Should I have added:

Sin,

http://www.humboldtsentinel.com/Resources/fightclub1.jpg

the_ouskull

Rogue
2/11/2007, 09:27 AM
Froz,

Officiating HS football is great fun, if you have thick skin. And after a couple of seasons, you'll watch football so differently that you might lose track of the ball...on purpose.

-Rogue

Rogue
2/11/2007, 09:35 AM
Back on topic...Mike Rich does not have "split-personalities" anymore. In fact, his separate and independent identities are finally reaching a state of integration after years of on-again off-again psychotherapy. Now if he can just shake the habit of public nose-picking this first stage of treatment can be declared successful and he'll begin working on the effects that strict toilet training have had on his adult life. Eventually, he hopes to be able to carry on meaningful conversation for minutes on end without stuttering, drooling, and making everyone uncomfortable.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/cjrogue/ruprecht.jpg

Mike Rich has also been known to hock junk bonds to unsuspecting American-Eskimos who are sleep deprived between equinoxes (equini?).

He enjoys reading, mostly trashy romance novels and 18th century British women poets.

His neighbors describe him just like Charlie Manson..."quiet guy, keeps to himself, doesn't seem to have many friends."

After being introduced at work, his colleagues usually tell the new people, "you have to get to know him, he's not so bad."

When not pontificating about the nuances of Oklahoma Sooner football, Mike Rich can be found standing in front of his house yelling at passing vehicles.

the_ouskull
2/11/2007, 09:41 AM
This tainted love Mike Rich has given will give you all a boy can give you. He'll take your tears, and that's not nearly all...

Sin,

Really? Do I really have to explain this one?

the_ouskull