PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles: Still crazy

Rhino
2/9/2007, 04:15 PM
Oh, Les.

LSU coach directs expletive at Tide (http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1171017115220300.xml&coll=2)
Friday, February 09, 2007
IAN R. RAPOPORT
News staff writer

LSU football coach Les Miles used an expletive in referring to the University of Alabama at a public signing day party attended by several thousand people in Baton Rouge.

"We're looking forward to playing Florida," Miles told a large crowd at Wednesday's Bayou Bash recruiting party at the Baton Rouge (La.) River Center. "We're looking forward to playing Auburn. But we have a new rival in f--ing Alabama."

Miles, who competed with new Alabama coach and former LSU coach Nick Saban to get the signatures of top recruits, was quoted by several media outlets in Louisiana, including The Shreveport Times, which published his word choice as "expletive deleted."

The newspaper reported that Miles got a standing ovation for his comments. Miles' speech was given in front of a crowd that included children. The families of Miles and his coaches were also present.

LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette said Miles would have no further comment.

Crimson Tide spokesman Doug Walker said Alabama had no response.

Alabama and LSU are scheduled to play in Tuscaloosa on Nov.3.

The expletive wasn't the only shot Miles took on Wednesday.

At a news conference to announce the Tigers' signing class, Miles was asked if Alabama had employed negative recruiting tactics toward LSU while trying to woo several prospects. Miles sidestepped the question, speaking only in general terms.

"I can tell you that there was some negative recruiting going on out there," Miles said. "Whatever was used against our staff obviously didn't work."

At issue was the recruitment of Luther Davis, a defensive end from West Monroe (La.) who de-committed from LSU to sign with the Crimson Tide. On Wednesday, Saban said he would not be shy about recruiting in his former home state.

"We're going to recruit anywhere there are good players," Saban said. "If they have them in Louisiana, we'll go after them."

Bonnette said Miles' quotes about negative recruiting were not specifically directed at Alabama.

Davis said he heard nothing negative from Saban regarding LSU.

"Not true at all," said Davis, considered a four-star prospect by recruiting services. "The most Coach Saban mentioned LSU was to say how he helped raise money for the academic center. (Miles) is saying negative recruiting is the reason I signed with Alabama. But that's a lie. The reason I went to Alabama was that my chances of playing early were better there than at LSU."

Three weeks ago, Davis told Rivals.com that Saban took credit for the success of fourth-ranked LSU. Thursday, he said Saban never did that.

"He could've, because everyone who knows football knows those are his players," Davis said. "But he never pointed that out."

At his news conference, Miles also alleged that several schools committed recruiting violations, though he was not specific.

"If in fact we find there's some irregularities, they will be turned in," Miles said. "But I wouldn't want to say that it appeared from any one school more than any other."

Bonnette said again that Miles was not talking about Alabama. :les:

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 04:20 PM
Saban is an idiot and I think Bama made a big mistake in hiring him. He has alienated so much of the media and the people in the southeast with his "To good to acknowledge anyone attitude" that he is going to have a hard time recruiting Florida.

Miles got a little excited it appears. Coming from OSU he isn't used to having the media around.

Big Red Ron
2/9/2007, 04:31 PM
Bama will soon pwn3 the SEC and lester will again be the bitch of two in conference coaches.

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 04:37 PM
Saban==Satan Is that allowed here?

william_brasky
2/9/2007, 04:37 PM
Dropping the f bomb in front of thousands of people = lettin' er rip.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9mKMJVxrk0

OSUAggie
2/9/2007, 04:43 PM
That story is why I love Les.

Fugue
2/9/2007, 04:45 PM
I apologize in advance but you all know what I must post in a crazy :les: thread.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8471/lescusssmallvz9.gif

Big Red Ron
2/9/2007, 04:45 PM
That story is why I love Les.Spoken like a true aggy. Dood dumps you guys and you love him? Yet another difference between OU and OSU. OSU= stepping stone. OU = pinnacle

Rhino
2/9/2007, 04:47 PM
FA'SHO!! NUMBA WAAAAN! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=dR0hBjtPg6U)

At the 3:10 mark, you can see him mouth "you bet your ***" three times.

snp
2/9/2007, 04:51 PM
Saban is an idiot and I think Bama made a big mistake in hiring him. He has alienated so much of the media and the people in the southeast with his "To good to acknowledge anyone attitude" that he is going to have a hard time recruiting Florida.

Right, that's why he was able to salvage a pretty good recruiting class and won a NC. Sure wouldn't want someone who doesn't get along with the media to run my team!

Recruits care about making it to the NFL and winning, 2 things Saban does very well. And he's pretty much a consensus top-10 coach. Maybe even top-5.

OSUAggie
2/9/2007, 05:00 PM
Spoken like a true aggy. Dood dumps you guys and you love him? Yet another difference between OU and OSU. OSU= stepping stone. OU = pinnacle

Yah; a true aggie... :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't hold a grudge against a guy that took us to a bowl game 3 out of his 4 years after taking over a program that was heading back toward post-probation shambles. In his third year, we go to a New Year's bowl for the first time in 60 years.. What a bastard!!!

Plus, he ****ed you guys off, which is refreshing to me since most of you guys have loved our other coaches for so long. His personality is not one that appeals to a lot of people, but I am definitely one that appreciates his candor, even if it is stated in a less-than-eloquent manner.

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 05:00 PM
He lost his QB and top WR and a third player switched to Pitt. The only huge get he landed that wasn't committed before he was hired was Murphy. And he got him by offering his H.S. buddy a scholly last minute or he would have headed to Miami also.

The Bama fans may be fine with his demanor but the recruits and the parents know his game and it will be different than it was at LSU..

Look at the commit dates

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=2

snp
2/9/2007, 05:33 PM
He didn't lose his QB - He stole Fanuzzi from Miami and then Marve switched to Miami. He signed 15 guys in just over a month and lost 2. That's what happens in recruiting, you win some you lose some.

The Bama fans all seem very happy with the class he pulled in and they probably know more about it than we pretend to.

And why is it going to different than LSU? More money and tradition? He's going to be able to get the ear of any potential recruit because they know 1) He wins 2) NFL

If you're going to knock him at least bring up that he might be leaving soon, but with the money he's making and the power he'll have, I don't think it's anytime soon.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2007, 05:52 PM
Leslie is apparently a good coach, and has kept the quality up that Saban began, in reference to recruiting. I'm just glad that Leslie didn't stay at aggy. He's agood fit for the tigerbaits-a good coach, and uncouth(sp?) as the fan base.

birddog
2/9/2007, 06:27 PM
surely, you all know osuaggie is a troll, don't you?

MiccoMacey
2/9/2007, 06:30 PM
Dang...Les or Saban.

Which one to hate more?

I choose Leslie, and it's not even that close.

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 06:31 PM
e didn't lose his QB - He stole Fanuzzi from Miami and then Marve switched to Miami. He signed 15 guys in just over a month and lost 2. That's what happens in recruiting, you win some you lose some.

Actually what happened was Coker had promised Fazolli he would be the only QB in the class. After Shannon got the job he started looking for another QB to sign. Marve talked to Saban and him, his coach and his parents all saw Saban for the sack he is.

So once Fanuzzi saw that Miami was going after Marve hard he visited Bama and went there.
He knew and anyone that has seen these 2 play know he couldn't compete with Marve. Who by the way broke most of Tim Tebows records this year. 4800 yards and 48 TD. Plus ran for almost 900 yards.

I would saw Miami by far got the best end of the deal

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2007, 06:34 PM
I hope we don't play Miami with a cocky attitude of any kind next yr. They still have PLENTY of talent.

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 06:40 PM
I hope we don't play Miami with a cocky attitude of any kind next yr. They still have PLENTY of talent.

Can't wait for that game..LSU-VT is that day also so there is a chance game day will be in Norman.

Doged
2/9/2007, 07:14 PM
so there is a chance game day will be in Norman.

You say that like it's a good thing or something. :rolleyes:

soonerboomer93
2/9/2007, 07:41 PM
Plus, he ****ed you guys off,

I don't know if he ****ed most of us off. I thought he was pure comedy. If we were ****ed at him there wouldn't be a leslie head on the board

:les:

AzianSooner
2/9/2007, 08:01 PM
Les fu.c . k OSU aggies more than any of his ha.tred over OU.

He just ....left OSU aggies despise of the salary increases and the support from the OSU staf blah blah blah....

william_brasky
2/9/2007, 08:38 PM
Les fu.c . k OSU aggies more than any of his ha.tred over OU.

He just ....left OSU aggies despise of the salary increases and the support from the OSU staf blah blah blah....

Yeah!!!!!

:confused:

Scott D
2/9/2007, 08:54 PM
At his news conference, Miles also alleged that several schools committed recruiting violations, though he was not specific.

"If in fact we find there's some irregularities, they will be turned in," Miles said. "But I wouldn't want to say that it appeared from any one school more than any other."

Bonnette said again that Miles was not talking about Alabama.

Tennessee anyone?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2007, 09:34 PM
Yah; a true aggie... :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't hold a grudge against a guy that took us to a bowl game 3 out of his 4 years after taking over a program that was heading back toward post-probation shambles. In his third year, we go to a New Year's bowl for the first time in 60 years.. What a bastard!!!

Plus, he ****ed you guys off, which is refreshing to me since most of you guys have loved our other coaches for so long. His personality is not one that appeals to a lot of people, but I am definitely one that appreciates his candor, even if it is stated in a less-than-eloquent manner.

and he never said he would take lsu and play any sucka any time anywhere..thats confidence right there...OSU 1 LSU 0

goingoneight
2/9/2007, 10:00 PM
That is the difference between OUr coach and others. Using OU and UT as an example; how many times have you heard Bob Stoops or (spit) Mack Brown publicly refer to their rivals as "F______' Oklahoma/Texas." You also don't hear Bob or Mack calling eachother coonasses. Nope, OUr guys are classy as well as great at what they do, and all the media wants to cry about Bob making them look stupid, and Mack for being "too nice." :rolleyes:

H8HOGS
2/9/2007, 10:14 PM
Almost as bad as the kid who shocked everyone by signing with the Zooker at IL instead of ND. He was being interview by Rivals radio live and when the guy asked him why he signed the first words out of his mouth were - it wasn't just about the money! He then backtracked later on in his response.