PDA

View Full Version : OU Center for Healthy Living

KaiserSooner
2/9/2007, 01:14 PM
Does anyone work out here? It's at the Health Center in OKC.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 01:20 PM
I work out alot...the Air Force kinda requires it now.

KaiserSooner
2/9/2007, 01:26 PM
I'm just wondering about the health club at the Center for Healthy Living. Does anyone like it?

http://www.oumedcenter.com/CustomPage.asp?PageName=TheCenterForHealthyLiving% 20-%20Main

It's just down the street from work and besides, my a$$ needs to get into a gym.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2007, 01:30 PM
If you live/work close to it, sign up. It's a nice facility and they have some well qualified trainers, if you're looking for that.

Also, check with your employer if they offer any employee incentives for working out (yearly bonus or partial payment of membership).

OUDoc
2/9/2007, 01:31 PM
Always known as the "Center for Wealthy Living" when I was at OUHSC. It was nice, though.

KaiserSooner
2/9/2007, 03:00 PM
Also, check with your employer if they offer any employee incentives for working out (yearly bonus or partial payment of membership).

They'll pay part of my membership, so yes, that is a motivation too :D

OUstudent4life
2/9/2007, 03:47 PM
I've been in a couple of times...the two guys I work with workout there several times a week. It's pretty nice, but kinda expensive. It gets pretty packed in the morning and from about 3-5. To be honest, my wife liked the downtown YMCA more than the Center for Healthy Living. I guess it's just whether you like it or not, so I guess I'm not much help.

KaiserSooner
2/9/2007, 07:38 PM
Nah, it helps to hear what people think of it, which is that it's expensive :) I'm pretty sure I'm willing to pay for it, mainly because it's so close to work.

But I'm gonna look into the downtown Y, too, now that you've mentioned it. What did you think of it?

OUstudent4life
2/10/2007, 01:10 PM
It's pretty nice...I just ran there, but they have a decent amount of stuff, and I think they have more classes...not sure though. I hear it gets pretty packed, too.