PDA

View Full Version : Sooners and the Big Dance

setem
2/9/2007, 12:29 PM
What are the chances we make it into the Bracket?

We have 7 games left and then the Big XII Tournament. How many games do we need to win in order not win the CC and still get in to the NCAA?

I think if we win the games we should. Baylor,ISU,MO,KSU along with an upset win over aTM,Texas or KU and then win a game or 2 in the Big XII CC we should be a lock.

Spread it on!

Boomer.....
2/9/2007, 12:34 PM
I would think that we would have to get to at least 20 wins to be considered for the NCAA tourny.

I am just amazed that people are talking about us going to the NCAA tourny when a month ago, we were asking if OU was going to make it to the NIT. Capel has done an amazing job with this team and it's only going to get better.

Spreading it on!!!

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88955

OSUAggie
2/9/2007, 12:35 PM
NCAA Tourney? How 'bout what will it take to get a top seed? This team is the easiest lock for the Final 4 since Roy Williams' epic runs in Lawrence. Think big!!!

setem
2/9/2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry for starting another thread. I did not see yours.

NCAA Tourney? How 'bout what will it take to get a top seed? This team is the easiest lock for the Final 4 since Roy Williams' epic runs in Lawrence. Think big!!!

What was the score of the game the other night?

The pokes are 2 wins away from locking in right? Keep playing like you did against us and you guys wont get them!

Yeah...SHUT THE **** UP!

cheezyq
2/9/2007, 04:09 PM
What was the score of the game the other night?

The pokes are 2 wins away from locking in right? Keep playing like you did against us and you guys wont get them!

Yeah...SHUT THE **** UP!

Guys, let's go easy on aggiefan here. After all, they've got a lot to be upset about. Heck, I'm just glad that aggiefan isn't flinging himself of a 30 story building or anything.

Let's recap aggie's rough week here:

1) lost to worst team in Big 12 in BB on Saturday
2) lost to biggest rival in BB on Wednesday
3) a key FB recruit decided that winning championships was important, and as a result left for OU
4) Fievel is still the BB coach
5) ....dangit, he's an aggie fan for cryin' out loud

Poor aggiefan is just using us to vent his frustrations and it comes out as sarcastic blather. I know these public pouting sessions are annoying, but maybe we should cut the poor dude some slack.

:D

stoopified
2/9/2007, 08:42 PM
What are the chances we make it into the Bracket?

We have 7 games left and then the Big XII Tournament. How many games do we need to win in order not win the CC and still get in to the NCAA?

I think if we win the games we should. Baylor,ISU,MO,KSU along with an upset win over aTM,Texas or KU and then win a game or 2 in the Big XII CC we should be a lock.

Spread it on!I think 9-7 in conference with at least one win over UT,aTm,or KU and 2 wins in Big 12 Tournent (it would help if one of these is UT,aTm ,or KU as well)is necessary.As to BU,KSU,ISU,MU being games we SHOULD WIN?I must ask how you figure 4-0 vs. all these teams ON THE ROAD is a given?We have yet to win a road game this year.I would be ticled if we went 2-2 on the road.IF we could go 10-6 in conference I think 1 BIG 12 Tourney win gets us in to THE DANCE.Personally I think the NIT is more likely.If OU fans are honest with themselvesI think the majority would have been overjoyed in preseason to know we would make the NIT.16 wins would IMHO assure us of an NIT berth so to that end we only need 2 wins.Personallyin preseason I picked us to go 8-11 or 17-12 for this seson and many people thought that I was overly optimistic.I think OUr team is NIT bound but I hope I am wrong.NCAA or NIT,Cpel has done a great job in what could have been a dismal season.Boomer Sooner baby!

AllAboutThe'O'
2/10/2007, 12:50 AM
Guys, let's go easy on aggiefan here. After all, they've got a lot to be upset about. Heck, I'm just glad that aggiefan isn't flinging himself of a 30 story building or anything.

Let's recap aggie's rough week here:

1) lost to worst team in Big 12 in BB on Saturday
2) lost to biggest rival in BB on Wednesday
3) a key FB recruit decided that winning championships was important, and as a result left for OU
4) Fievel is still the BB coach
5) ....dangit, he's an aggie fan for cryin' out loud

Poor aggiefan is just using us to vent his frustrations and it comes out as sarcastic blather. I know these public pouting sessions are annoying, but maybe we should cut the poor dude some slack.

:D

But the OSU women's basketball team beat Texas this week, so at least they have that going for them.

OSUAggie
2/10/2007, 09:10 AM
But the OSU women's basketball team beat Texas this week, so at least they have that going for them.

We have a women's team?

stoopified
2/10/2007, 10:35 AM
We have a women's team?Alledgely.:)

okienole3
2/10/2007, 10:40 AM

Don't forget their cow turd throwin' team (I believe it is a co-ed team). I heard they have 27 National Championships.

Jeopardude
2/10/2007, 11:15 AM
Hey Nole,

Ball tomorrow at the BVMC at 7:30. See you there.