PDA

View Full Version : Which Dallas Cowboy

85Sooner
2/9/2007, 11:11 AM
head coach had the best percentage record during their tenure?

Am I wrong thinking it was Barry?

sooners00
2/9/2007, 11:18 AM
My Grandma could've won as many games with that team as Barry did.

batonrougesooner
2/9/2007, 11:20 AM
I would think it would be Switzer.

This link might have your answer. http://www.google.com/

Oldnslo
2/9/2007, 11:53 AM
Barry's third year didn't go so well.

sanantoniosooner
2/9/2007, 12:26 PM
I'm not cranking numbers, but it looks like Barry based on
http://www.geocities.com/~jrbeasley/dallas/cowboys/coaches.html

All_Day_28
2/9/2007, 01:05 PM
It is Barry.. they were talking about that on sportscenter the other day...

CobraKai
2/9/2007, 02:02 PM
Jimmy gets credit for all of Barry's wins. Barry was 0-20 because he gets all the losses.

Seamus
2/9/2007, 02:27 PM
This link might have your answer. http://www.google.com/

Way to help out a fellow Sooner :rolleyes:

Rondo
2/9/2007, 02:55 PM
It was Switzer. The San Antonio yokels were dissing Barry like crazy last night on WOAI.

soonerjoker
2/10/2007, 01:12 PM
don't want to give jimmy any credit; but, he took over a team that was 3 & 13, (Landry's last), started fixing it the way he wanted. got rid of old players.

went 1 & 15 his first year. hard on his record.

kevpks
2/10/2007, 01:56 PM
I don't think Switzer gets enough credit for winning the Superbowl with the Cowboys. How many college coaches have made a successful transition to the NFL? Of those, how many have won a freakin Superbowl? There have been a lot of very talented teams that didn't win it all in a given season. In fact, more often than not the "best" team doesn't win the Superbowl. Barry did a great job with that team.

goingoneight
2/11/2007, 11:48 PM
And Stoops won it all with Boo's players... right... :rolleyes:

Tell me, how many "good coaches" have championship rings? How many "bad coaches" have them? Just because Dallas wasn't hurting for talent doesn't mean they didn't need leadership and direction.

picasso
2/12/2007, 11:44 AM
Switzer's goofy and charismatic but he knows more football than any sports radio DJ dork.

listen ot him this fall when he comes on and critics college football, not just OU. that man knows schemes and talent.

screw the haters mannnn.

SteelClip49
2/14/2007, 10:45 AM
Switzer I believe said the OU job is a lot better than the Dallas job in an interview or segment of some kind recently.

I hate Dallas and will forever hate them. They are not America's team nor will they ever. If The Longest Yard has a sequel, just film it in Irving. Michael Irvin could come back in his same role; a prisoner.

Super Bowl XXX still ****es me off but it wasn't as bad as time went on considering Switzer was at the helm.

CrimsonChampion
2/14/2007, 05:03 PM
:texan: s will do anything to discredit Coach Switzer's success in Dallas. It's all good, they have been cursed ever since they got rid of him.

As far as them SELF PROCLAIMING themselves America's team, if that were the case then all that's over. Once you become the laughing stock of all of football for over a decade I think you lose that title.

:texan: s will be :texan: s .......too bad reality doesn't drop in on them more often. :rolleyes:

Octavian
2/14/2007, 06:32 PM
The San Antonio yokels were dissing Barry like crazy last night on WOAI.

Yeah, most of his biggest critics come from.......TEXAS. :D

Think there's still some antimosity for putting DKR in a golf cart...or pushing down to Texas toward embarrassment status a decade later?

Even outside of Texas, he doesn't garner the sort of respect that he should....and Switzer may not ever receive his due credit from the national media until he's no longer with us....though I doubt he cares.

Best college winning % since Knute Rockne in the 1920s.

Only one of two coaches (Johnson) to win a National Championship and a Super Bowl.

4 National Championship rings (one at Arky as an assistant).

Incorporated speed into the Wishbone triple-option attack....dominated the Seventies and won another one in the Eighties when the 'bone was supposed to be a dinosaur.

Coached two Heisman Trophy winners.

The best recruiter of his era...perhaps ever.

Holds head-to-head record advantages over many of his contemporary greats:

Tom Osborne
Darrell Royal
Bo Schembechler
Woody Hayes
Bill McCartney
Jimmy Johnson
Joe Paterno
Bobby Bowden

It's easy to take shots at Barry for off-the-field stuff....but it'd take a Texas-sized idiot to knock his on-field success or doubt his ability to win as a football coach.