PDA

View Full Version : I get to eat at IHOP today for the first time

royalfan5
2/9/2007, 10:48 AM
My Mom is taking to lunch for my birthday today. She wants to go to IHOP. I never ate at IHOP. Do I stick to the Pancakes or should I be more adventourous?

King Crimson
2/9/2007, 10:52 AM
if it's not 4 AM and yer loaded, don't expect much and expect to overpay for it.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 10:56 AM
It's definitely nothing to write home about.

C&CDean
2/9/2007, 10:57 AM
Chorizo, cheese and jalapeno omelette is the only thing I'll ever eat at IHOP. If you gotta eat there, I recommend it.

Soonrboy
2/9/2007, 10:58 AM
Oh man, we love IHOP...get the big country platter...meat, eggs, pancakes...yummmmmm

Hamhock
2/9/2007, 11:13 AM
you MUST try the T-bone and shrimp.

NormanPride
2/9/2007, 11:14 AM
So your mom is telling you where you want to go on your birthday lunch?

IronSooner
2/9/2007, 11:17 AM
Get the rootie tootie fresh n' fruity, and try to say it with a straight face.

Oldnslo
2/9/2007, 11:17 AM
"Adventurous" and "IHOP" are seldom used in the same sentence, unless you're talking about the sexual proclivities of the waitstaff.

Think about that as you're pouring cream in your coffee.

OU4LIFE
2/9/2007, 11:19 AM
overpriced, takes too long to get it, crap.

Osce0la
2/9/2007, 11:31 AM
Waffle House pwns IHOP.

just sayin...

sanantoniosooner
2/9/2007, 12:20 PM
ham and 3 cheese omelette is pretty good most of the time.

Use the butter pecan syrup on the pancakes

Beef
2/9/2007, 12:23 PM
Waffle House pwns IHOP.

just sayin...
Hails yeah.

OSUAggie
2/9/2007, 12:25 PM
Get drunk.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2007, 01:05 PM
Get the 'funny face' and tell your waitress you want to talk to the manager if she doesn't serve it to you.

OU4LIFE
2/9/2007, 02:09 PM
Get drunk.

at iHOP?

I don't think they sell beer there, silly aggie.

Pricetag
2/9/2007, 02:11 PM
Overpriced? Compared to what? My wife, kid, and I can eat in there for less that 20 bucks. It doesn't get much cheaper than that unless you're pulling through the drive through.

I like the International Burrito.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/9/2007, 02:12 PM
Put the fork down and step back from the table.

Boomer.....
2/9/2007, 02:31 PM
Damn near every meal in that place is over $6 or $7. It is way overpriced for a "breakfast" place.

royalfan5
2/9/2007, 03:55 PM
The pancakes were good, the omlet was meh. The waitress was different.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2007, 03:56 PM
The last time I went to IHOP, over a couple of weeks ago, I got the biggest omelet I have ever seen (it was a meat lover's omelet), so big I couldn't even finish it and I'm considered a pretty big eater. I think the next time I do IHOP, I just might not eat anything beforehand.

SoonerInKCMO
2/9/2007, 10:28 PM
Shoulda gone to The Village Inn.

soonerboomer93
2/9/2007, 10:29 PM
Colorado Omelet

John Kochtoston
2/9/2007, 11:42 PM
Waffle House pwns IHOP.

just sayin...

true, but WH came back to the pack a little bit when it got rid of the All You Can Eat.:(

SoonerGirl06
2/9/2007, 11:50 PM
IHOP.... great place to celebrate New Year's Eve....

When you belong to the PLC...

PLC= Pathetic Losers Club.

SoonerGirl06
2/9/2007, 11:51 PM
NOT.... that I know ANYTHING about being a member....

VeeJay
2/10/2007, 12:00 AM
IHOP.... great place to celebrate New Year's Eve....

When you belong to the PLC...

PLC= Pathetic Losers Club.

Ya know...there's nothing greater than washing down two quarts of likker at 4 AM with a quart of maple syrup, four flapjacks and an oughta-be-in-a-taxi pot of coffee and waking up at noon - in the floor - with your clothes still on - wondering what happened.

I wouldn't classify that as a pathetic loser.

Mongo
2/10/2007, 12:03 AM
Ya know...there's nothing greater than washing down two quarts of likker at 4 AM with a quart of maple syrup, four flapjacks and an oughta-be-in-a-taxi pot of coffee and waking up at noon - in the floor - with your clothes still on - wondering what happened.

I wouldnt call it pathetic. I would call it "being drunk off your ***" and wanting some decent grub.

Witnessed a buddy spend $25 and down all the crap IHOP dished out.

soonerboomer93
2/10/2007, 12:04 AM
no IHOP here

is it pathetic if the various likker was washed down with ramen noodles and then passing out on the couch fully clothed?

Mongo
2/10/2007, 12:07 AM
no IHOP here

is it pathetic if the various likker was washed down with ramen noodles and then passing out on the couch fully clothed?

Thanks dude. You just reminded me of my college breakfast. Except I was nekked.

SoonerGirl06
2/10/2007, 12:15 AM

Nope... not a Pathetic Loser...

Pathetic Loser is someone who goes to IHOP to celebrate NYE....

Okay... Okay.... I will confess that I have done that... but in my defense, my friends and I got off work late when I worked at the hospital and we were too tired to do any "normal" celebrating... so we decided to go to IHOP and eat pancakes.

Go easy on me guys.... :D

PS: I've spent many a late nights/early mornings sitting in a booth at IHOP drinking more coffee than I can remember after drinking more alcohol than I can remember....

SicEmBaylor
2/10/2007, 12:15 AM
There are two types of people at Baylor. There is a clear demarcation line drawn between those who go to Denny's when drunk or need to study and those who go to IHOP for the same purpose. IHOP people don't go to Denny's and Denny's people don't go to IHOP.

I am a Denny's person.

soonerboomer93
2/10/2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks dude. You just reminded me of my college breakfast. Except I was nekked.

hell, that was last night

(well, my gf did that, I consumed no ramen but was on the couch about 45 minutes, then it was time to wake up for work )

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/10/2007, 12:24 AM
There are two types of people at Baylor. There is a clear demarcation line drawn between those who go to Denny's when drunk or need to study and those who go to IHOP for the same purpose. IHOP people don't go to Denny's and Denny's people don't go to IHOP.

I am a Denny's person.

IHOP scores more points ;)

OCUDad
2/10/2007, 12:30 AM
Clearly there is a caste system at Baylor. Brahmins go to IHOP, Untouchables go to Denny's.

SoonerGirl06
2/10/2007, 12:30 AM
IHOP scores more points ;)

Yep... order a Rooty Tooty on a date and the girl will definitely take notice. :D

SoonerGirl06
2/10/2007, 12:32 AM
Clearly there is a caste system at Baylor. Brahmins go to IHOP, Untouchables go to Denny's.

I'm tellin' ya sic.... change to IHOP. Women dig IHOP more than Dennys... trust me on this one. ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/10/2007, 12:38 AM
I'm tellin' ya sic.... change to IHOP. Women dig IHOP more than Dennys... trust me on this one. ;)

Why is it that apparently every choice I make in life is the wrong one for getting women? I'm a nice guy. I treat women great. And yet I have to become one of those damned IHOP bastards in order to get one? Ugh!

SoonerGirl06
2/10/2007, 12:41 AM
Why is it that apparently every choice I make in life is the wrong one for getting women? I'm a nice guy. I treat women great. And yet I have to become one of those damned IHOP bastards in order to get one? Ugh!

You're choices aren't wrong... just a little misguided...

It takes guys FOREVER to figure us out... so don't worry. You still have plenty of time. ;)

soonerboomer93
2/10/2007, 12:42 AM
I'm gay

simplified it for you

:pop:

Mongo
2/10/2007, 12:45 AM

Like it was mentioned in the "Thread We Dont Speak Of", Go the Costanza route. Every impulse and inclination you have, do the opposite of.

You feel like having Waffle House or Denny's, go to IHOP.

When two chicks with morality issues show up at your place, you say hold on for a second(go load your gun), then let them in.

When you feel like staying at the house to post on SF.com, go out and hit on chicks, then post the following morning.

soonerboomer93
2/10/2007, 01:09 AM
exactly, you're 20 something years old, in college, surrounded by rich hotties

go chase some tail, like live tail, not the bull**** you're probably chasing after on aim, of whatever chat you're in.

you can tell us all about it the next day. The only ones who are worthy of provided tail exploits on a friday/saturday night are the married guys avoiding the ball and chain :D

King Crimson
2/10/2007, 01:22 AM
Baylor ain't exactly swinging with hotties.

my response to your next post, sic em is: "yeah right".

SicEmBaylor
2/10/2007, 01:24 AM
Baylor ain't exactly swinging with hotties.

my response to your next post, sic em is: "yeah right".

I gotta tell you. I went back to school this year after a hiatus. Back in the day when I first started at Baylor every girl on campus was freaking hotter than hell.

Now a days....man....I don't know what's going on but the quality of Baylor women has seriously seriously declined. I blame it on Baylor's upward movement in rankings and becoming a "research" school instead of a "teaching" school and making standards more difficult. We used to get a lot of the gorgeous rich girls of Texas looking for a husband..now we get "career women."