PDA

View Full Version : SUC in trouble again

Sooner in Tampa
2/9/2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Reggie...way to keep the Trojans in the news for the wrong reasons.

McKnight signed a national letter of intent with USC on Wednesday and made comments during a news conference that seemed to suggest communications involving former Trojan Reggie Bush, who is now with the New Orleans Saints.
Former players are forbidden from telephoning prospective recruits, their relatives or guardians.
"We're aware of it, and we are looking into it," sports information director Tim Tessalone told The Associated Press late Thursday.

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/02/09/mcknight.violation.ap/index.html?eref=si_ncaaf)

OUDoc
2/9/2007, 09:03 AM
Nah, that didn't happen either.
Wait! I think I saw an OU player jaywalking. We'll investigate. ;)

CincySooner
2/9/2007, 09:54 AM
but Reggie Bush doesnt even HAVE a phone!!

Sooner Traveler
2/9/2007, 10:33 AM
What about Deion's constant recruting for Florida State?

BASSooner
2/9/2007, 10:43 AM
soooo why doesn't the NCAA do something about it?

batonrougesooner
2/9/2007, 11:00 AM
What about Dean's constant recruting for OU?

Fixed it for ya. ;)

sooners00
2/9/2007, 11:21 AM
Thats stupid if its even a rule.

Typical NCAA.

Rhino
2/9/2007, 11:21 AM
What about Deion's constant recruting for Florida State? Being Devine's legal guardian, he can recruit him to FSU as much as he wants.

Sooner in Tampa
2/9/2007, 11:26 AM
Being Devine's legal guardian, he can recruit him to FSU as much as he wants.Supposedly...this is one of the reasons Deion became involved with this kid.

sooner518
2/9/2007, 11:33 AM
During the Wednesday news conference, McKnight said Carroll set up a conference call so he and Curtis could talk to Bush and ease concerns USC might face sanctions........

(McKnight's high school coach) also said McKnight told him "Coach Carroll was talking to Reggie on the speakerphone and Joe was able to listen and hear Reggie Bush's side of the story," the newspaper reported.......

After being informed of Carroll's denial Thursday night, (high school coach) called McKnight and later said the recruit never heard Bush on a speakerphone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=2759774

Well, that satisfies me. Clean as a whistle!

OUDoc
2/9/2007, 11:46 AM
"He talked to me on the phone."
"Well, it was a speaker phone and I heard him talk."
"I never actually heard him."
Okay. Sounds good.

IronSooner
2/9/2007, 11:46 AM
After being informed of Carroll's denial Thursday night, (high school coach) called McKnight and later said the recruit never heard Bush on a speakerphone.

Caroll: McKnight! Earmuffs! Now!

McKnight: Okay coach.

Caroll: Go ahead, Reggie.

Reggie: So it's like this, coach...

lcaldwell1
2/9/2007, 12:43 PM
how many things can USC do wrong without gettin in trouble...i mean everyday more and more specualtion..but still no violations

brown town sooner
2/9/2007, 02:38 PM
Uh....yeah....uh the kid mispoke when he said Reggie had spoken with him on the phone to help ease things and straighten things up....uh....yeah...that's it....twernt nothin' to it.....uh Reggie was telling him about a house for sale just down the street from SUC....uh.....yeah....that's it.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:41 PM
God I hate SUC!

Fraggle145
2/9/2007, 02:44 PM
Cheaters. I dont mind it, just dont be dumb enough to get caught. What I do mind is the double standard and hypocrisy of the NCAA regarding SUC.

fwsooner22
2/9/2007, 02:50 PM
Being Devine's legal guardian, he can recruit him to FSU as much as he wants.

Ya hear the story about Devine stealing Deions car..........priceless

csbst2
2/9/2007, 03:27 PM
I agree, how long can the NCAA keep letting SUC get away with everything. It's is such a joke. I am sure that SUC is not the only one who does things like this, but they do it so everyone can see it. I mean they might as well have had the NCAA on the conference call with them. They just keep doing what they want, and the NCAA just sits on it. Maybe when the NCAA visits SoCal they stay at the Bushs' rental home. Grow some balls NCAA and stop getting walked all over. Yes it is SoCal, but that doesn't give them a supreme right to walk all over the rules, and as far as Pete Carroll goes, don't tell me he knows nothing of whats going on. Thats like saying "well officer I didn't know the gun was in my hand and that I pulled the trigger." Ignorance is not an excuse, and the NCAA should step up and push SUC off of there A**, because they have been sticking it in em for awhile now.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/9/2007, 04:26 PM
I agree, how long can the NCAA keep letting SUC get away with everything. It's is such a joke.
Because they [SUC] keep sending Myles Brand some SoCal strippers:texan:

sooners00
2/9/2007, 06:44 PM
Regardless of who did it even if it wasnt USC its still a stupid rule and maybe the most comical out of every NCAA rule because you have absolutely no control over it.

Common sense ref
2/9/2007, 10:26 PM
how many things can USC do wrong without gettin in trouble...i mean everyday more and more specualtion..but still no violations

:D I went over to one of the USC boards. My GOSH! It's them against the world now!
Does anybody have an answer when the NCAA will come out with a statement on this or the other one?

SoCal
2/10/2007, 10:18 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted.
"The McKnight Interview"
http://www.wwltv.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?q=mcknight

StoopTroup
2/10/2007, 10:22 AM
I just need to know if they are giving us their Trophy since they cheated. :D

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2007, 12:21 PM
USC is Rollo Tomasi.

PLaw
2/10/2007, 04:26 PM
Nothing quiet like institutional control - hmmm, Sampson gets spanked for texting . . . Carroll sets up call with Bush. I'm sure they are not equal, but they both break the NCAA law.

Boomer Sooner
PLaw

Jdog
2/10/2007, 08:11 PM
soooo why doesn't the NCAA do something about it?

Here's why you'll never see anything happen to USC or Notre Dame for that matter.

The members of the Infractions Appeals Committee : Christopher L. Griffin, Foley & Lardner LLP, chair; William P. Hoye, University of Notre Dame; Susan Lipnickey, Miami University (Ohio); Noel M. Ragsdale, University of Southern California; and Allan A. Ryan Jr., Harvard University.

Common sense ref
2/10/2007, 08:17 PM
Here's why you'll never see anything happen to USC or Notre Dame for that matter.

The members of the Infractions Appeals Committee : Christopher L. Griffin, Foley & Lardner LLP, chair; William P. Hoye, University of Notre Dame; Susan Lipnickey, Miami University (Ohio); Noel M. Ragsdale, University of Southern California; and Allan A. Ryan Jr., Harvard University.
I know this sounds a little much , but could someone file suit and force the NCAA:bsmf: to do something?

ouflak
2/11/2007, 07:52 AM
I think the rule must be that former players can't contact recruits during a given recruiting period. Anything else would be absurd. There are probably a few other minor and obvious exceptions to this rule.