PDA

View Full Version : Tommy McDonald a Great Sooner....(Article)

Blues1
2/8/2007, 11:28 PM
Hope this is not a repeat post - but a great story on Tommy McDonald - one of my Sooner Heros.....keep rockin Tommy....!!!

http://www.collegefootballgazette.com/sooner.html

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2007, 11:06 AM
I'm still amazed that some on this Soonerfans.com board wanted suc to beat tx for the NC game, when suc was getting close to OUr 47 game win streak record!

Blues1
2/9/2007, 01:44 PM
JMHO - But - "IF" ever any College team gets a win streak into 40 or more games...?? - and even IF they don't make 47 straight ...In Todays mass sports talking heads hype world - They will still get enough press hype to where our Streak won't stand out as much as it does now...

As long as these other schools lose a game somewhere in the 30 plus area (Like usc did) - We will forever get "THE REAL GLORY" - that players Like Tommy and his other team mates deserve for the effort they paid for that Great Win Streak.

For us OU Fans to have such Great Bragging Rights we now have and Enjoy may the STREAK never be Broken......

The Longer the Streak stands - The More Amazing it is......!!!!

Keep Rockin'

2/9/2007, 05:22 PM
JMHO - But - "IF" ever any College team gets a win streak into 40 or more games...?? - and even IF they don't make 47 straight ...In Todays mass sports talking heads hype world - They will still get enough press hype to where our Streak won't stand out as much as it does now...

As long as these other schools lose a game somewhere in the 30 plus area (Like usc did) - We will forever get "THE REAL GLORY" - that players Like Tommy and his other team mates deserve for the effort they paid for that Great Win Streak.

For us OU Fans to have such Great Bragging Rights we now have and Enjoy may the STREAK never be Broken......

The Longer the Streak stands - The More Amazing it is......!!!!

Keep Rockin'I start getting nervous when any team reaches 30 in a row.

LittleWingSooner
2/9/2007, 11:07 PM
I'm still amazed that some on this Soonerfans.com board wanted suc to beat tx for the NC game, when suc was getting close to OUr 47 game win streak record!

They weren't getting within 10 games of the streak anyway. That streak will never be touched.

soonerloyal
2/11/2007, 11:47 AM
From your keyboard to God's ears, LittleWingSooner.

OUmillenium
2/12/2007, 12:22 PM
Apologies if already posted.

http://www.collegefootballgazette.com/

snp
2/12/2007, 02:18 PM
They weren't getting within 10 games of the streak anyway. That streak will never be touched.

Yup. There's no way in this day and age that this record will ever be broken. Not quite as elusive as Cy Young's career win record, but it's at that tier of unbreakable.

2/12/2007, 04:19 PM
Yup. There's no way in this day and age that this record will ever be broken. Not quite as elusive as Cy Young's career win record, but it's at that tier of unbreakable.So, you will please EXCUSE ME if I get real nervous when some non-Sooner POS college team gets to 30 games in a row.