PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Recruiting Classes Re-Ranked

tru2ou
2/8/2007, 05:44 PM
For all of those screaming about this year's class, you might want to take a look at this article.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/615853.html

OU had the #3 class in 2003.

- TRU

CatfishSooner
2/8/2007, 08:48 PM
funny.

MojoRisen
2/8/2007, 10:38 PM
this is true- but I would not lable Chijoke, Baker and Pleasant as busts- either

I think Baker and Demario will play a lot next year and be very good.

batonrougesooner
2/9/2007, 10:13 AM
I agree.

I don't think it's fair to label Baker and Pleasant as busts.

They've contributed very nicely. Not everyone will be a superstar.

Beef
2/9/2007, 10:17 AM
I agree.

I don't think it's fair to label Baker and Pleasant as busts.

They've contributed very nicely. Not everyone will be a superstar.
I think the point of labeling them as busts is that they were expected to be a lot more than "nice contributors" by their senior seasons. These guys were five star superstars.

sooneredaco
2/9/2007, 10:20 AM
I hate USC

batonrougesooner
2/9/2007, 10:42 AM
I think the point of labeling them as busts is that they were expected to be a lot more than "nice contributors" by their senior seasons. These guys were five star superstars.

Sure, I realize that. I just don't think that makes them busts. I kind of think Baker may be a guy who is just caught between positions. He hasn't grown physically like they predicted he would. Not quite a linebacker, not quite a safety.

Desert Sapper
2/9/2007, 10:56 AM
I think our 2003 class was a flop, mostly because the attitudes that alot of those flops brought wasn't the right one. Most of them just expected to come in and start right away. It didn't happen, they got miffed, they left, and their attitudes elsewhere aren't much better. The few that are starting elsewhere are doing so because they changed their attitudes when they realized that life was different than they dreamed it to be. We want kids that have talent, sure, but we really want kids that have the attitude to win at all costs, and the kids that want to work really hard to get there. We've done better in subsequent years in some ways, but just as poorly in others (AD vs. Bomar, prime example). It's hit or miss, but the hard-working non-superstar kids seem to work better for us.

As a side note, I think USC is the way it is because Carroll is more like Barry Switzer in personality. He can keep the kids that are criminals or attitude problems and make them work. Bob is like Bud Wilkinson in many ways. He is highly demanding, and some kids can't handle it. Both ways work. I just hope Bob has the team more ready the next time we face USC. Pete's kids will be just as ready as they were the last time.

BASSooner
2/9/2007, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying that he was the WORST player. He had monstrous potential. He just didn't use it.

crawfish
2/9/2007, 01:53 PM
There's no way we'll win a national championship with that class.

Sooner-N-KS
2/9/2007, 01:54 PM
For all of those screaming about this year's class, you might want to take a look at this article.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/615853.html

OU had the #3 class in 2003.

- TRU

I think you may have misinterpreted the article. It is saying that four years ago Scout ranked OU at #3. They are now ranking OU at #18. Scout is saying that things didn't turn out as good as they should have.

okienole3
2/9/2007, 07:15 PM
I think you may have misinterpreted the article. It is saying that four years ago Scout ranked OU at #3. They are now ranking OU at #18. Scout is saying that things didn't turn out as good as they should have.

Somewhere out there, there is an article where OU is on the flip side. It is about the 1999 recruiting class that had Josh Heupel, Jason White, Derrick Strait, etc...

On a side note, how much would landing Meachum had helped our class out?