PDA

View Full Version : Releases

MiccoMacey
2/8/2007, 11:34 AM
Orangefans is reporting four kids are leaving OU (one transfer - Huggins, and three medicals - Bailey, Barresi, and Cummings).

What's the scoop?

Collier11
2/8/2007, 11:46 AM
huggins is going to east carolina for playing time and the other three have career ending injuries.

MojoRisen
2/8/2007, 12:02 PM
Did Bailey get hurt and is done? That is not good- he seemed to be a great prospect- I heard Cummings is definately done/hurt- Huggins transfered.

RedstickSooner
2/8/2007, 12:05 PM
Er - if the kids get hurt, they lose their scholarships?

Seems like the NCAA should let us have some kinda medical scholly thing - where they get their education (and sacrifice all eligibility if they somehow get healthy enough to play), but their spots open up.

Edit: Whoops, never mind. I was just reading the article on Soonersports about our recruiting class, and Stoops said he was putting those kids on "medical scholarships", so apparently that's precisely how it works. I feel silly. Even sillier than usual.

Collier11
2/8/2007, 12:29 PM
Bailey hurt his back I believe, cummings was an ankle, and im not sure on barresi

yermom
2/8/2007, 01:21 PM
what ever happened with White? (the OL, not The Trophy)

stoopified
2/8/2007, 02:14 PM

Seems like the NCAA should let us have some kinda medical scholly thing - where they get their education (and sacrifice all eligibility if they somehow get healthy enough to play), but their spots open up.

Edit: Whoops, never mind. I was just reading the article on Soonersports about our recruiting class, and Stoops said he was putting those kids on "medical scholarships", so apparently that's precisely how it works. I feel silly. Even sillier than usual.
:)

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 02:17 PM

That's what happens all right.

They no longer count against the 85 limit. They also do not count against APR if they graduate on time.

I think that if the guy gets healthy again you can put him back on a regular scholarship but he's a counter against the 25-man annual limit for the year that he comes back. That could just be me talking out of my ***, though.

jackal42601
2/8/2007, 04:19 PM
Orangefans is reporting four kids are leaving OU (one transfer - Huggins, and three medicals - Bailey, Barresi, and Cummings).

What's the scoop?

They will be put on medical Schollies as per Stoops.

melbitoast
2/8/2007, 08:31 PM
what ever happened with White? (the OL, not The Trophy)

I was wondering the same thing the other day. Does anybody have info on this kid? Jesse White OL from Colorado 2 yrs ago.:pop:

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2007, 08:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing the other day. Does anybody have info on this kid? Jesse White OL from Colorado 2 yrs ago.:pop:

Did he decide to wrassle like his dad? ;)

85sooners
2/8/2007, 08:52 PM
:eek:

Archangel
2/8/2007, 09:28 PM
White also went on medical, but that was some time back.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2007, 03:31 AM
White also went on medical, but that was some time back.

...and I believe it had something to do with his back.

soonerboomer93
2/9/2007, 03:34 AM

That could just be me talking out of my ***, though.

and this is different for any other day how?

Harry Beanbag
2/9/2007, 06:41 AM
OU seems to be cursed with OL back injuries. There have been several of those.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2007, 10:07 AM
broke back lineman...insert bad gay football movie jokes

SoonerinBoulder
3/14/2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I cannot start new posts yet so this is my best option.

Other boards are reporting that Billy Blackard is off the team. Does anyone know anything about this? Did he quit, get kicked off, transferring etc?

Thanks!

Collier11
3/14/2007, 12:49 PM
havent heard but I would guess transferring?? Dont really know though

MojoRisen
3/14/2007, 12:53 PM
He made a big time hit in last years Red/White Game- I would hope he did not quit or transfer or get kicked off- seemed to have real potential

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2007, 01:31 PM
Yep, gone. Rumors of off the field issues.

The_Red_Patriot
3/14/2007, 02:05 PM
broke back lineman...insert bad gay football movie jokes

nah, ill just say these two http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/65/72/image_1472659.jpg

StuIsTheMan
3/14/2007, 02:10 PM
I had a great "release" at lunch....

HeeyyyOhhhh!

Collier11
3/14/2007, 02:36 PM
nah, ill just say these two http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/65/72/image_1472659.jpg

So it is looking like Vince gave the herp to Mack who then gave it to Colt?? It is all making sense now!!!