PDA

View Full Version : Rush says people only think Grossman bad at playing football cause...

royalfan5
2/8/2007, 11:27 AM
he's white
http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/when-will-the-media-elite-stop-tearing-down-our-white-heroes-234918.php

I think Grossman sucks cause he's bad at playing Qb in the NFL.

sooneron
2/8/2007, 11:29 AM
Now I've heard everything.

If you stink it up in the biggest game of the year, prepare to get basted.

mdklatt
2/8/2007, 11:30 AM
he's white
http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/when-will-the-media-elite-stop-tearing-down-our-white-heroes-234918.php

I think Grossman sucks cause he's bad at playing Qb in the NFL.

He had a QB rating of 40 or less--40!--in 5 games--5!!--this season. Spiking the ball on every down give you a better QB rating than that.

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 11:36 AM
See my thread about Rex Grossman sucking worse than donkey balls!

IB4OU2
2/8/2007, 11:36 AM
Worst QB to ever play in the SB, and I'm a Chicago fan too...:mad:

Ike
2/8/2007, 12:13 PM
I'm going with worst SB performance ever...but I'm not convinced he's the worst QB to play in the SB ever. With Rex right now, it's either feast or famine. He's capable of putting up awesome numbers, but sometimes he just chokes. hard.

NormanPride
2/8/2007, 12:22 PM
See, I think that's an illusion. He had a couple freakish games back at the beginning of the season when people didn't know he could throw the deep ball. Then he started throwing INTs and fumbling... and hasn't stopped. He has flashes of brilliance that everyone compares to "Back When He Was Good" but I think they're just flashes of "Getting Really Lucky".

Ike
2/8/2007, 12:48 PM
See, I think that's an illusion. He had a couple freakish games back at the beginning of the season when people didn't know he could throw the deep ball. Then he started throwing INTs and fumbling... and hasn't stopped. He has flashes of brilliance that everyone compares to "Back When He Was Good" but I think they're just flashes of "Getting Really Lucky".

you may be right...but he also had games late in the season where he was hitting nearly everything and staying away from the picks. I dont think its luck so much as it is something else. Probably in his head. I'm not worried about him yet. Hell, he is still a huge step up from Orton last year.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 01:10 PM
It's mental for Grossman. He's unable to shake off a bad first couple of throws.

Look at the difference in his mechanics between the games he plays well and the games he plays poorly. It's like a different QB out there.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 02:02 PM
Well people also forget that Grossman has been injured enough in his first couple of years that this past season was his first full healthy season in his career. Essentially the guy was still a rookie QB, and it showed.

Ike
2/8/2007, 02:16 PM
Well people also forget that Grossman has been injured enough in his first couple of years that this past season was his first full healthy season in his career. Essentially the guy was still a rookie QB, and it showed.

Yup. Like I said before, I'm not worried about him yet, and as far as I can tell, neither are the Bears. I have a feeling that whatever his problems are, he will be able to overcome them with a little more coaching and experience. The guy shows a lot of potential at times, and I think it's only a matter of time before he lives up to it on a weekly basis. It's just up to him as to whether or not he can overcome it.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 02:28 PM
BTW, if Rush wanted to talk about something less ridiculous, he could talk about the Bears fan that was so confident that the Bears would win, he made a bet that he would change his name to Peyton Manning if they lost. Said bet was signed by everyone that was a witness in the bar where the bet was made.

Ike
2/8/2007, 03:08 PM
BTW, if Rush wanted to talk about something less ridiculous, he could talk about the Bears fan that was so confident that the Bears would win, he made a bet that he would change his name to Peyton Manning if they lost. Said bet was signed by everyone that was a witness in the bar where the bet was made.
why would Rush ever want to steer his show towards less ridiculousness? ratings would plummet!

jacru
2/8/2007, 03:20 PM
I think he really said the media wants him to fail because he's white. ... if you care.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 07:09 PM
I think he really said the media wants him to fail because he's white. ... if you care.

then Rush is a bigger moron than I thought. I mean why would they go through this whole process of making Tom Brady the second coming of Joe Montana if they wanted to make a QB fail because he's white.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 07:27 PM
So let me get this straight:

The media wants Rex Grossman to fail so that Kyle Orton can come in and start because Grossman is white.

And Kyle Orton isn't?

Scott D
2/8/2007, 07:31 PM
no no...see Rush is saying that the media wants Rex Grossman to fail because Bob Griese is part of the media in an attempt to get Brian Griese the starting job in Chicago because Rex Grossman is white. They won't notice that Brian Griese is also.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 07:32 PM
Oh, my fault.

Maybe the media is trying to get the FOURTH-string QB in. Is he black?

Scott D
2/8/2007, 07:35 PM
technically he might be...because it could be Mark Bradley ;)

Then again, it could just as easily be Brian Urlacher ;)

SleestakSooner
2/8/2007, 07:55 PM
Well everyone knows that the black bears are much less dangerous than the white ones. Maybe he thinks the media is hoping all the white bears will disappear so they can say "Look we told you global warming was real!"

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 08:05 PM
Dude, black bears are hella dangerous. Not that polar bears are kindly or anything, but dang.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 08:07 PM
well then he's in trouble when the grizzly bears rise up to challenge for that top qb spot.

jacru
2/8/2007, 08:16 PM
All whites must fail or quit because they're only there because they oppressed "people of color" for 500 yrs. and the "people of color" must hold all positions indefinately until all injustices have been atoned for.
While taking your turn at the back of the bus, whitey, you must hang your head in shame and disgrace for all your sins, showing proper sorrow and repentance.

Jerk
2/8/2007, 08:19 PM
I actually listened to the program...

It was a joke...Rush thought it was funny because of the whole McNabb thing.

A poor joke. I do listen to Rush for the entertainment value, but that one left me scratching my head.

jacru
2/8/2007, 08:32 PM
Occassional listeners to Rush don't know what's going on any more than noobs on this forum do. Those that never listen to Rush have no knowledge from which to speak concerning him or his show.
Those that speak in ignorance show themselves to be fools.
And I mean that in the best possible way. :)

Jerk
2/8/2007, 08:37 PM
Occassional listeners to Rush don't know what's going on any more than noobs on this forum do. Those that never listen to Rush have no knowledge from which to speak concerning him or his show.
Those that speak in ignorance show themselves to be fools.
And I mean that in the best possible way. :)

Yes, it would be kind of easy to take a sentence here or there from a show that runs 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, and print it without explaining the context. And that is exactly what Rush's enemies do.