PDA

View Full Version : Fat Folks rejoice!

Okla-homey
2/8/2007, 11:15 AM
This just in!

Note: Watch out of the anal leakage and loose, greasy stools.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, for the first time, has approved a drug as an over-the-counter weight-loss medication.

The FDA says GlaxoSmithKline's Orlistat was initially approved as a prescription drug to treat obesity in 1999 and will continue to be available by prescription under the brand name Xenical in 120 milligram capsules. The newly approved 60 mg OTC capsules will be sold under the brand name Alli (AL-eye) for use by people ages 18 years and older, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, and exercise program. [named in memory of celebrity sack-o-bones Calista Flockhart/Ally McBeal?];)

"We know that being overweight has many adverse consequences, including an increase in the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes," said Dr. Douglas Throckmorton, deputy director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "OTC orlistat, along with diet and exercise, may aid overweight adults who seek to lose excess weight to improve their health."

The FDA said orlistat helps produce weight loss by decreasing the intestinal absorption of fat. The FDA says the 60mg capsule can be taken up to three times daily with each fat-containing meal.

sooneron
2/8/2007, 11:20 AM
This just in!

Note: Watch out of the anal leakage and loose, greasy stools.

The newly approved 60 mg OTC capsules will be sold under the brand name Alli (AL-eye) for use by people ages 18 years and older, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, and exercise program. [named in memory of celebrity sack-o-bones Calista Flockhart/Ally McBeal?]

Isn't the reduced calorie, low fat diet and exercise usually the key?

When will people learn?

Boarder
2/8/2007, 11:20 AM
"OTC orlistat, along with diet and exercise, may aid overweight adults who seek to lose excess weight to improve their health."

60mg of OTC water will do the same thing, along with diet and exercise. So will 60 mg of OTC goldfish crackers, gum, oats, etc, etc.

OhU1
2/8/2007, 11:24 AM
Obese with anal leakage and loose, greasy stools. Not an appealing mental image.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 02:05 PM
Isn't the reduced calorie, low fat diet and exercise usually the key?

When will people learn?

in some cases (ie extremely obese), those kinds of medications are essentially metabolism boosters. That's why they generally say they want them to be used with the 'improved 'diet and exercise.

FaninAma
2/8/2007, 03:42 PM
I've always laughed when people bitched about the greasy, loose stools. My comment to them was "So you'd rather that crap get deposited in your coronary arteries instead of leaving your body through your ***-hole."

Perspective people, perspective.

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 04:33 PM
Great...more stick figures like me and SicEm...just what the world needs!

StoopTroup
2/8/2007, 04:43 PM
I had a cheeseburger and fries today.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2007, 04:49 PM
so you're saying its a bad idea to take these pills with twinkies or fried food?

FaninAma
2/8/2007, 05:09 PM
so you're saying its a bad idea to take these pills with twinkies or fried food?

Not unless you don't mind doing an imitation of the Dumb and Dumber scene where the guy is sitting on the john after Jim Carey spikes his drink with the laxative.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2007, 05:12 PM
does the pill work?

setem
2/8/2007, 05:34 PM
My mom says it makes you pee out of your butt!

OklahomaRed
2/8/2007, 05:53 PM
Not only greasy, but orange grease.

Okla-homey
2/8/2007, 05:57 PM
I wonder, do takers of this stuff also suffer from uncontrollable urges to poop? That, combined with the loose greasiness could make for some uncomfortable terlit lines at the stadium this season.:eek:

You gotta let me go ahead of you or it ain't gonna be pretty up in here!

Mongo
2/8/2007, 06:34 PM
I guy i worked with was on this medication. Not only when you have to go, you have to go really bad. I am glad i did not have to use the bathroom after him, cause he sounded like he was playing an oboe underwater.

Not only did he punish the toilet in a nasty way, but it'll happen a couple of times a day.

Scott D
2/8/2007, 07:13 PM
you'd be surprised how many toxins are in the average American's body.

SoonerInKCMO
2/8/2007, 07:18 PM
I guy i worked with was on this medication. Not only when you have to go, you have to go really bad. I am glad i did not have to use the bathroom after him, cause he sounded like he was playing an oboe underwater.

Not only did he punish the toilet in a nasty way, but it'll happen a couple of times a day.

Damn. I need to get me some of this stuff. Is it on sale now? How much does it cost?

setem
2/8/2007, 10:22 PM
If it means being sexy for the ladays...I will **** water falls anytime!

Surely your body makes up for it over time and your poop becomes solid again, right?

I shower after most craps anyways!

GottaHavePride
2/8/2007, 10:45 PM

That sounds probably way more hilarious than it actually is.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2007, 10:48 PM
I crap pretty greasy as it is. Sign me up. Already doing the diet and exercise thing. I figure if I crap out a kidney that should lose me a few pounds.

setem
2/8/2007, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can get some of this stuff?

OUinFLA
2/8/2007, 11:26 PM
I figure if I crap out a kidney that should lose me a few pounds.

I dont know why you would want to do that when you could just sell it.
Or you could be like The Bear and just give it away to several people.